[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think of "raised since birth by [Benefactor]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 8

File: Ripoff.png (521KB, 622x565px) Image search: [Google]
Ripoff.png
521KB, 622x565px
What do you think of "raised since birth by [Benefactor] to be the perfect [type of action person]" type of origin story?

who is your favorite hero with such an origin? I kinda lean toward Doc Savage
>>
File: wind.gif (493KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
wind.gif
493KB, 400x600px
>>87125258

hardcore Cassfag
>>
File: doomsday.jpg (553KB, 1275x1650px) Image search: [Google]
doomsday.jpg
553KB, 1275x1650px
him.
>>
>>87125328
that's debatable, it was more his big brothers who were "raised" like that
>>
File: magdalena.jpg (363KB, 890x1691px) Image search: [Google]
magdalena.jpg
363KB, 890x1691px
>>87125258
they grow up to be socially awkward creatures.
>>
>>87125258
When it's not comically edgy like Cassandra Cain's, it can be okay.
>>
Damian is a better Cass. Cass doesn't fucking make sense.
>>
File: elsa bloodstone devgear.jpg (192KB, 900x1327px) Image search: [Google]
elsa bloodstone devgear.jpg
192KB, 900x1327px
>>87127179
or you can go all the way and get something like this in return.
wich is awesome.
>>
>>87127200
>implying either make sense
>>
>>87127200
she's the daughter of two heartless human beings, the outcome will be either cass, or a little dead girl.
>>
>>87125258
worst type of origin story.
>>
>>87127255
In that case it works BECAUSE it's a comedy character. "When I was five days old my father dropped me into a well full of poison tipped witch doctors" is great when you play it for laughs, but if you expect me to take it seriously you can fuck right off. Nevermind that it completely misses the point of the Batgirl role.
>>
File: Doc Savage 11.jpg (655KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Doc Savage 11.jpg
655KB, 600x900px
Doc Savage, always. Mostly because those kind of plots usually happen with villains trying to shape perfect beings to serve them, and then said beings rebel. The dehumanization is then rightfully presented as a horrible, awful process that said characters must work to overcome, but that kind of conflict can feel trite and overdone.

Doc Savage is different in that his training is presented as a wholly positive thing. He wasn't created for evil and later turned to good, he was created for good. His oath is a litany of humility, kindness, charity and ultimate goodness. He stands ready to give anything to save his fellow man. And yet, it's impossible to refute that this quest to create a perfect human has resulted in a creature that is more than human. Undoubtedly good, yes, but still weird enough to be unsettling.

The tension of seeing Doc Savage physically and mentally dwarfing a room full of the smartest people on the planet effortlessly yet knowing he does it all for the selfless benefit of mankind is palpable. And it's a tension no other character can quite replicate effectively.
>>
>>87127128
are any of her comics any good?
>>
>>87127348
Elsa's fucked up childhood wasn't just played for laughs. It causes the one semi-serious scene in all of Nextwave.
>>
File: 1451492922501.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1451492922501.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>87127288
>>
File: batdad.jpg (110KB, 993x757px) Image search: [Google]
batdad.jpg
110KB, 993x757px
>>
>>87131760
wait, really?
>>
I like karate kid
>>
>>87125258
over done, but so is everything else, can't think of something new any more.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.