[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Batman a Libertarian/AnCap character? I don't mean what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Is Batman a Libertarian/AnCap character?

I don't mean what Bruce Wayne has said in the comics as I'm sure that varies to whatever point his writer wants to make. I mean through his actions and what the character represents.
>>
One of the pivotal moments of his history is going to Congress and begging Big Government to save Gotham, because he saw that private resources alone couldn't save Gotham and that he needed Big Government to do the job instead.

I apologize though, it was wrong of me to expect you to read comics.
>>
>>87110825
And one of his most iconic moments is defeating a superpowered government stooge who was draped in the star spangled banner. He did this after redawning the cowl after years of forced retirement due to oppressive and corrupt government regulations.

Remember, I said analyze the character now what writers have used him to espouse. I mean honestly, a billionaire waging a private war with custom built military hardware against a plethora of villians, many of whom are tied to a corrupt justice system. Even if the problems for Gotham are supposedly caused by a lack of government support the character of Batman being presented as a solution to that has pretty clear symbolic meaning.

Are you familiar at all with critical analysis?
>>
>>87111219
So you've already made up your mind then?

You're asking us a question, but you won't accept any answer other than "yes".

Good for you.
>>
>>87111245
I noticed something about the character I hadn't before and I was wondering if anyone else had.

And I specifically stated not to worry about the characters stated motivations because that doesn't really matter for a character analysis. Especially not a character that has existed for so long and has acted as a mouth piece for so many writers.

Why are you being such a passive aggressive faggot? Just because I disagree with you about Batman?
>>
>>87110718
No. He wants the government to help, as much as necessary. He wouldn't have to become Batman if the police force were competent and not corrupt. Even then, he would still work as Batman in order to lend them a helping hand. His goal is improvement, and if the government is a part of the solution then so be it. As long as they don't become tyrannical, of course.
>>
No.

Batman historically has shown to prefer to work with the law whenever possible; he starts as a vigilante because Gotham's police force is hopelessly corrupt when he begins his career and as it cleans up under Jim Gordon he works more closely with the GCPD. He works outside the law or in defiance of the law when he feels the law has become criminal, and will often only do so briefly and take pains to make sure his actions can be dialed back to allow order to be restored after going outside of the law.

Bats believes in the rule of law because you need a law to stop crime; any form of anarchy would be abhorrent to the Batman because under an anarchy larger than a small town a rise in crime is well documented and inevitable. AnCap in particular would probably disgust Batman because that's basically legalized racketeering.

Batman cares about solving the problem of crime. If minimal government solves crime, he'd espouse that. If more government solves crime, he'd espouse crime. He hasn't figured out how to completely solve crime yet, so it's wrong to give him an utterly sincere political leaning one way or another; he'd support individual candidates based on their records and usefulness to his purposes in his fight against criminality.

In other words, Harvey Dent might be republican, democrat, green party, or a secret wizard but he's an honest district attorney with good ideas so Bruce Wayne'd back his campaign no matter what kind of flag pin he wears.
>>
>>87111454
>If more government solves crime, he'd espouse that.

lol i suck cocks, don't make big posts at three in the morning.

You get what I mean, Batman cares about crime more than political parties. He probably spends a lot of time rolling his eyes when Hawkman and Green Arrow go at it.
>>
File: ancap.png (191KB, 500x519px) Image search: [Google]
ancap.png
191KB, 500x519px
>>
>>87111332
>I realized that this children's superhero can be bent to reinforce my political leanings and I was wondering if 4chan would validate me
Good for you.
>>
>>87110718
>>87111219
>>87111332
>And I specifically stated not to worry about the characters stated motivations because that doesn't really matter for a character analysis. Especially not a character that has existed for so long and has acted as a mouth piece for so many writers.
>LOL don't cite sources that contradict me, silly /co/mrades!
>But I can TOTALLY cite TDKR and it somehow doesn't count at Miller using Batman to express his own sociopolitical opinions.
>>
>>87111332
Why did you phrase the OP as a question if you already decided that anyone who disagrees with you (and your politics) is wrong?
>>
If anything, Batman is a fascist character.

Most superheroes are.
>>
>>87110718
>Is Batman a Libertarian/AnCap character?
Not in the slightest. It's not his fault that Gotham is a corrupt shitfest and the American people are stupid enough to elect Lex Luthor.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.