[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For someone who never paid attention to GI Joe, are the IDW comics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 9

For someone who never paid attention to GI Joe, are the IDW comics worth reading?
>>
>>87100873
Not unless you're a continuityfag who wants to bone up for Revolution.
Hama's ARAH Marvel run is better.
>>
From someone who bought the Humble Bundle last week, probably not. There was one or two good issues, but most of it is boring crap.

I know it isn't every IDW book ever published or anything, though, so maybe there's stuff I haven't seen that will blow your socks off or something.

I doubt it.
>>
>>87100873
Yes.

IDW has the best Cobra. The GI Joe is eh, but Cobra, Cobra Files and Cobra Command are fucking stellar comics.
>>
>>87100873
First two volumes (including the various spin-off titles) are OK.

Once it gets to volume 3 everything gets REALLY bad REALLY fast.
>>
From the start to the death of Cobra Commander is worth reading. The payoff for that was so damn good. After that, I kind of stopped reading because it got too bad.
>>
>>87100873
The Cobra stuff was good, not so much the GI Joe stuff so I would read the Cobra Files and Cobra Command then skip over Sitterson's upcoming GI Joe stuff.

Can't say anything about Snake Eyes Agent of Cobra, didn't read that.

Hama's ARAH stuff is good too but I'll rec you to start with the Marvel stuff and then go to the IDW stuff.

Transformers vs Gi Joe (or any Gi Joe and Transformers crossover for that matter) is worth chekcing out too.
>>
Who wins the Scarlett-bowl in IDW?

Snakes? Or Duke?
>>
File: Cobra Commander.jpg (228KB, 806x1183px) Image search: [Google]
Cobra Commander.jpg
228KB, 806x1183px
>>
File: Cobra-2-4_0024.jpg (712KB, 1280x2001px)
Cobra-2-4_0024.jpg
712KB, 1280x2001px
>>
File: GIJoe-02-coverSUB-A.jpg (126KB, 700x1062px) Image search: [Google]
GIJoe-02-coverSUB-A.jpg
126KB, 700x1062px
>>87105059
Duke lost it already and it seems like Sitterson will be pushing Snake Eyes and *barf* Helix as a duo at least since he talked about them spending a lot of time together or some shit, I know I won't be enjoying that.

She was also with Mainframe for awhile but it looks like she broke up with him.

She'll probably be too busy handling the Joes and whatever giant robot ends up with their team to be able to form any romantic relationship whatsoever.
>>
File: TF-OP-3-cvrSUB-B.jpg (75KB, 700x1061px) Image search: [Google]
TF-OP-3-cvrSUB-B.jpg
75KB, 700x1061px
>>87105723
And since this is a Joe thread we got Flint popping up in a variant cover of Optimus Prime #3 with Marissa, how old is Flint in this universe? Is he old enough to be Marissa's dad, they'll probably make him her older brother (sucks that she can't also be related to Lady Jaye without making things weird with Flint/Lady Jaye).
>>
>>87105807
> yfw when Flint has THE TALK with Thundercracker over hanging out with his daughter for so long.
>>
File: GI Joe- 008.5.jpg (800KB, 1280x2005px) Image search: [Google]
GI Joe- 008.5.jpg
800KB, 1280x2005px
Fuck it, YO JOE!
>>
Ah shit, roommate just came home. I'm unknowingly leeching his wifi and he'd notice the bandwidth change.
>>
File: Action Man 004-023.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Action Man 004-023.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>87105723
Disappointing.

I loved Snake-Eyes when I was a kid, but like Wolverine, he's had his time and now he's due for the pasture.

Storm Shadow, at least, is joining Dr. X in Action Man.
>>
Cobra
Cobra II
Cobra (Ongoing)
Cobra Civil War
Cobra Command
Cobra Files
>>
>>87106353
I know right.

Make a story about a terrorist organization and it's fucking thrilling and gripping and makes Cobra a scary threat.

Plus awesomest Flint/Jaye
>>
>>87106377
IDW Lady Jaye is my waifu.
>>
>>87106455
Lady Jaye is always great.
>>
>>87105723
Being team mom and guiding a bunch of unruly soldiers plus a giant robot is a lot of work (extra work if it's Skywarp).

>>87105807
I wonder why they're in Egypt, Cobra silent castle? Who is that other lady? TC's holoform?

>>87105885
I'd like to see that, TC would be so confused but he would use that experience as info for his stories

>>87106175
That reminds me here are the IDW solicits for January

http://www.cbr.com/idw-publishing-solicitations-for-january-2017/

I would post them all but I'm on my phone.
>>
>>87106490
>Feminine tomboy
Best kind of tomboy.
>>
File: GIJoe-02-cover-1.jpg (71KB, 450x683px)
GIJoe-02-cover-1.jpg
71KB, 450x683px
>Wizards, mutants, monsters, an elf girl, and a Transformer on the main team.
I cannot be the only one actually looking forward to this, right?
>>
>>87107120
Nope, I'm looking forward to it too as well especially since it looks like fun and it's something new being done with the Gi Joe franchise kind of like what they did with Renegades.
>>
>>87107586
And by Renegades I mean try something new not that it is exactly like Renegades.
>>
>>87107120
I'm looking forward to it, but I'm gonna miss the realistic espionage IDW GI Joe.
>>
>>87101859

This.

However does anyone have the links to Hama's continuation of ARAH?
>>
>>87100873
>>87100873
NICE
>>
>>87108450
Go to the archive website, whatever is called and search it there.
>>
>>87106175
Snake-Eyes is borderlnie Mary Sue material while Helix is pretty much a sue only because she's the only one who can outmatch him with her battlefield awareness crap.

If you tone SE down he can still be enjoyable but yeah I guess that's why Hama killed him.
>>
>>87108450
See: >>87083759
>>
I guess if anyone still cares but Aubrey Sitterson wrote this on his tumblr

>The G.I. Joe Revolution one-shot hits stores on November 9 and the ongoing kicks off on December 28.

Ughh the one shot already got delayed one more week, WTF why does IDW delay their comics so much?
>>
>>87111872
>WTF why does IDW delay their comics so much?
I think they're just really understaffed
>>
>>87111872
>Nov.9 Revolution tie-in
>Sitterson G.I Joe in FUCKING DECEMBER
WHY GOD WHY?
>>
>>87112839
They should change the IDW solicit requirements to having a 100% complete book.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.