[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"This comic couldn't be THAT bad, let me read a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: whathtefuck.png (62KB, 166x336px) Image search: [Google]
whathtefuck.png
62KB, 166x336px
>"This comic couldn't be THAT bad, let me read a few issues!"
>tfw it is
>>
>>87099806
If you had looked at the writer instead of just randomly reading anything based on premise or characters, this would happen a lot less to you.
>>
>>87099875
You say that, but the original Uncanny X-Men is shit despite being a Lee/Kirby book.
>>
>>87099978
Lee is a great idea man but a shit writer.
>>
>>87099978
Yeah. I think it's Lee and Kirby both at their worst. Even the whole idea of mutants is phoned in because Lee got tired of coming up with origins. And Kirby clearly didn't get anything out of it like he did with something like Journey into Mystery.
>>
>>87099978
>a lot less to you.
I didn't say it'd never happen to you.
>>
>>87100282
>And Kirby clearly didn't get anything out of it
I think X-Men was just the final straw in terms of his work load. I mean between full pencils and layouts he was working on like 6 comics at once.

That said the Juggernaut and Sentinel issues of the Silver Age X-Men are pretty good
>>
>>87100243
He's a pretty good writer, he's just bad at dialogue and makes some bad calls at times. That's why pretty much all his comics aside from ASM and FF are better skimmed than read.

>>87100282
>First issue is a halfassed FF clone.
>Most issues have lengthy "team fights itself" sections which cram villain into last third of the book.
>>
i guess i'm the only who enjoys cheesy and silly old comics books honestly i am more entertain by them than modern comics
>>
>>87100352
They're pretty much the only good issues.
Otherwise we're talking about shit like The Vanisher.
>>
>>87100468
Yeah, I mean there's some really fantastic goofy shit with Magneto like him using metal to write in the sky in cursive or his " magnetic personality" allowing him to control Angel's parents
>>
>>87100452
There's like a dozen great, goofy silver age Marvel books.
X-Men is not one of them.
>>
>>87100515

Or magneto being able to psionically stalk namor and professor X astral projects there too

They just made up powers all the time, it's pretty campy goofy cartoony shit.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.