[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trailers: >Film seems dark, tension-filled, adequate levels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 11

File: ultron_full[1].jpg (125KB, 686x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ultron_full[1].jpg
125KB, 686x1000px
Trailers:
>Film seems dark, tension-filled, adequate levels of drama
>Ultron himself seems capable, menacing, formidable, threatening

Film:
>It's a Saturday morning Avengers cartoon stretched out to 2 hours
>QUIPS! JOKES! MEMES!
>Ultron is a cardboard piece of shit who can't do anything
>Film is light hearted and the villain never poses a real threat

Why did this happen?
>>
>>87092360
Whedon has a hard time being sincere as is, and I don't think he really wanted to make this film anyway.
>>
>trailers made by the marketing department
>movie made by Whedon
It's simple.

The movie was never going to be serious, I don't know why people were fooled. It's still fucking Joss Whedon.
>>
>>87092407
Thing is, Whedon can be serious. Firefly and Serenity had a lot of levity, but the overall tone was serious, especially in the second case.

With Age of Ultron he directed/wrote like a parody of himself.
>>
>>87092412
Buffy and Angel also had some seriously dark episodes.
The Body is perhaps the darkest TV-ep I've seen
>>
Trailers are to get the nerds hype

Normies will see it either which way and probably don't care about trailers

Make the trailer seem like what nerds will want so they buy a ticket, make the movie appeal to the lowest common denominator, make the most cash you can
>>
>>87092505
>>87092412
Whedon fans are truly delusional. He never was good. Firefly was cancelled for a reason but then it was memed into being better than it was.
>>
>>87092600

>Buffy
>Angel
>Firefly
>Speed
>Toy Story
>Cabin in the Woods

Stop being a faggot. He's not the flawless genius his fanboys pretend he is but his work is generally pretty good.
>>
>>87092360
>the villain never poses a real threat

They literally can't stop him from doing anything he's setting out to do until the very end of the film.

They don't even really stop him completely, just minimize the damage.
>>
>>87092360
So your complaint is that the trailer is different? Nothing else, but the trailer was different? Does that mean you would have liked it, if the trailer represented the film correctly?
>>
>>87092678
>Tries to kill the unprepared avengers after he is born, fails but takes the scepter
>He tried to do loki's thing from avengers and set the hulk free to kill them and FAILS
>Next time they meet they take vision and the gem away from him.
>Being a powerfull A.I with hydra resources, all he had was an army of extremely expendable robots who do not pose a threat to any of the avengers, and unlike the chitaurih, his army is finite.
>get's owned by thor, visiĆ³n, Iron man, and hulk
He's a hannah barbera-tier villian
>>
>>87092360
>Why did this happen?

to make a successful family movie and not some deep and edgy piece of crap and IT WORKED
>>
>>87093266
anti-intellectual pls
>>
>not liking quips
>not liking avengers earth mightiest heroes
get a load of this guy
>>
File: 1406747050757.jpg (141KB, 500x540px) Image search: [Google]
1406747050757.jpg
141KB, 500x540px
>>87093309
>any capeshit
>intellectual
Maybe if you're 14.
>>
>>87093328
Back to the reservation, Indiean.
>>
>>87093328
There's no reason a cape movie can't be intellectual.

>>87093266
People like to pull this one out to defend dogshit. But there are dark kids movies, some even released by Disney, as well as shonen that utilizes every tone imaginable; legitimately well written children's media doesn't need this excuse.
>>
File: BvS.jpg (98KB, 792x400px) Image search: [Google]
BvS.jpg
98KB, 792x400px
>>87093471
and BvS tried dark and edgy and look at where that got it. Funny how when things cater to your dark and edgy taste the majority of people see it as dogshit
>>
so why is it so important that a movie be a grimdark, melodrama, devoid of quips, and require the world to be seriously jacked up good?

and why is a movie that is noblebright, light hearted, funny, and allows the world to keep on turning bad?

being grimdark doesnt automatically make you a good movie

by all measures not susceptibl to "nuh-uh" arguments it wasnt a "bad" movie, it made a billion dollars, it has a pretty good score, and people generally liked it, the biggest complaint was that it "wasnt as good as the first" and that "it was more of the same", these are complaints directed to bloated expectations rather that its quality, which people generally consider good, /co/ and personal anecdotes notwithstanding

sounds like the movie is different, and you hate things being different
>>
>>87092694

Pretty obvious he's saying AoU should have been representative of the initial trailer. Don't think anyone would enjoy a comedic trailer whatsoever.
>>
>>87093544
Spoken like a manchild.
>>
>>87093540
>the majority of people see it as dogshit
Look at the audience score you absolute amoeba.
>>
File: 1471922892215.gif (324KB, 401x353px) Image search: [Google]
1471922892215.gif
324KB, 401x353px
>>87093544
>noblebright
>>
>>87092360
>QUIPS! JOKES! MEMES!
It's Whedon.
Didn't you ever watch Buffy?
The guy can only do full on melodrama like in some Angel episodes or just quips and jokes.
>>
>>87093644
sorry, i spend too much time on /tg/, but yeah noblebright isnt inheretly good or bad, and neither is grimdark

they are more like tools, whose use is only as good as the person using them
>>
File: AoU.jpg (98KB, 778x364px) Image search: [Google]
AoU.jpg
98KB, 778x364px
>>87093633
Im looking and it LOOKS like funny quips takes the gold
>>
>>87093692
its popular, /co/ hates popular things

ironically, this makes them more slaved to the system than your average viewer
>>
>>87092360
>dark
>tension-filled
>drama

I want edgefags off my board. Fuck off Snyder.
>>
>>87093723
b8
>>
>>87093540
The dark tone wasn't Yawn of Justice's problem.
>>
>>87093760
Boring is a non criticism.
>>
You posted this same thread on /tv/. You should really get a job so you have something else to do all day.
>>
>>87092636
Toy Story is the only thing here that isn't garbage.
>>
Welcome to Whedon, a man who claims to love horror, yet do nothing but constantly make fun of it.
>>87092505
>The Body is perhaps the darkest TV-ep I've seen
That means you have never seen much TV.
>>
File: obama-fried-chicken.jpg (6KB, 127x141px) Image search: [Google]
obama-fried-chicken.jpg
6KB, 127x141px
>>87092678
>beaten by jarvis in an ai battle
>can't kill scientists when he tries
>gets his super body stolen and it's given to jarvis
>vision shuts down his ability to escape into the internet seconds after fighting
>has the opportunity to leave but decides to circle back in a quinjet and manages to only kill the one person he shouldn't have been able to have killed
>gets punked by the hulk

His threat and victories were overshadowed by his incompetence and the fact that he was Tony 2.0, right down to the need to fuck things up.
>>
>>87092600
>Firefly was cancelled for a reason
Yes, and that reason was that all the episodes were aired out of order because the network was fucking retarded
I don't like Whedon and what he did to Ultron, but don't you dare say Firefly was canceled because it was bad
>>
>>87093994
Your post is the only thing here that's garbage.
>>
>>87094103
No, that's your taste.
Go jerk off to your idiotic nostalgia trash and a shitty "HORROR MOVIES ARE STUPID GUISE XD" garbage flick.
>>
>>87093831
Bad editing, weak pacing, shallow characters with inexplicable or nonexistent motivations (a two minute speech about Lex's daddy issues dies not justify the character's existence) and a plot that meanders through a series of set piece vignettes in order to culminate in a slavish recreation of the fight scene from Dark Knight Returns are all valid critic

It's three hours of noise pretending to be deep and meaningful; which singularly failed to impress critics and fell short of the studio's box office projections; and, in a passive-aggressive fit of pique, the director's answer to these criticisms was to make the movie an hour longer.isms, however.

Boring? Boring isn't even half of it, this movie was outright exhausting.
>>
>>87094190
I never saw anything like it. It legit felt like watching a B rater movie with good cinematography and a huge budget. Apart from the shots and the effects, EVERYTHING, script, acting, composition, EVERYTHING was garbage. Like, who did they use as a test audience?
>>
>>87094301
>test audience?
That... is why you fail.
Keep watching BvS till you get it.
>>
>>87092381
>>87092407
Whedon was obviously under the studio's controlling thumb and that resulted in this mess.

I haven't even see the trailer for the first Avengers movie yet, I heard it was good through word of mouth. Wanna know why? Because it was actually good. Whedon made that, he couldn't made something great again. It's clear had little breathing space and whenever he got a gasp of air, he nervously used it to make a cheap whedon joke- but a nervous one, that isn't even funny. As if to tell us, "hey guys, it's Joss Whedon baby! This movie isn't being ruined by assholes at all! Everything is fine!! :D"
>>
>Trailer looked like cringe shit
>Movie will be cringe shit

Marvels becoming consistent at least
>>
>>87095066
its funny how easily they blow Dc out of the box office with that cringe shit. Its like they dont even try
>>
>>87092360
I'm pretty damn sure you're trolling, considering the villain was far from light-hearted and was planning to extinct the Earth with a man made meteor.
>>
File: 1417958350072.png (54KB, 233x279px) Image search: [Google]
1417958350072.png
54KB, 233x279px
>this turns out to be true for Logan
>Are We There Yet? with grumpy Logan, adorable but mysterious X-23, and lovable mentor Xavier
>mfw
>>
>>87092360
>MCU villain
>capable, menacing, formidable, threatening
Having such expectations was your first mistake.

Even in Netflix series they can't make their villains threatening, why should their more family friendly stuff be any different?
>>
>>87095105
Remember that time marvel made a critical failure cross $750 million without china?

Nah
>>
>>87093540

Except it's been proven you can do dark and edgy and be successful, ie nolan batman movies. People like me hated BvS cause the writing was shallow, try-hard and just uninspiring.
>>
>>87095337
Only one of those was good, though.
Make of that what you will.
>>
>>87095337
No, you hated it because it bored you. You are a pleb.
>>
>>87095588
>getting bored because the writing was shallow, try-hard and just uninspiring means he's a pleb
You're allowed to enjoy trash and have different opinions from other people, you know.
>>
>>87095277
too bad it barely turned a profit even with that. At least the costume is more popular than the movie
>>
>>87095629
It wasn't trash though.
>>
>>87095588
It was a poorly written, poorly edited piece of shit. Stop clinging to goddamned anything that allows you to consider yourself smart
>>
>>87092694
You're a pretty stupid person.
>>
>>87095643
That's all you took from that?

It's my opinion that it's trash, for legitimate reasons at that, but it doesn't mean you're not allowed to like it even though it's trash
That anon isn't a pleb for disliking something for similar reasons to my dislike of the movie.

You're a pleb for thinking your opinion is the one and only correct one.
>>
>>87095655
>poorly edited
You don't know what makes editing good or bad.
You are regurgitating memes.
>>
>>87095666
>even though it's trash
It's not though.
>>
>>87095691
It really is, though.
It's fucking dreadful.
>>
>>87095674
anon. They had to fix the movie with the dvd release. it was an editing issue and a cash grab for idiots to buy the blu ray
>>
>>87095674
If a scene only makes sense when you watch the uncut Ultimate Edition in which every scene drags out far longer than the pacing calls for in order deliver vital exposition then, yes, the movie is poorly edited.
>>
File: 1474735263384.gif (4MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
1474735263384.gif
4MB, 720x404px
>>87095337
>Nolan films
>films
Whenever this argument comes up, I have me a giggle. Suddenly you fags pretend the meme factory doesn't exist. The bane memes in particular, exist because of how poorly executed the movie is.
>>
>>87095723
Nah.
>>
>>87095728
>>87095731
If you couldn't plainly understand the movie in theaters then you have brain problems.
Seriously, I hope you guys are just fucking around.
>>
>>87092360
it always happens

Iron Man 3 did it
Thor 2 did it
now Doctor Strange is doing it
>>
>>87095772
Yeah and you should feel bad for liking it.
>>
>>87095810
nope
>>
>>87095810
But I feel great.
>>
>>87095785
> understanding a crappy movie

Everyone understood it was a poorly written movie. You don't have to be smart to figure that out.
>>
File: Moving-the-goalposts-300x2402.jpg (29KB, 300x240px) Image search: [Google]
Moving-the-goalposts-300x2402.jpg
29KB, 300x240px
>>87095848
>>
>>87095810
falling for b8 this hard
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.