[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marvel's panicking with the failure of Marvel Now 2.0. The

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 512
Thread images: 42

File: 1449700916915.jpg (79KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1449700916915.jpg
79KB, 600x600px
Marvel's panicking with the failure of Marvel Now 2.0. The company is fucked since they have locked down pretty much the company's direction through the summer of 2017. Avengers are locked in with Hydra War (which had to be reworked due to the backlash against Hydra Cap), X-Men are locked in with X-Men Vs Inhumans, though they have a little bit more wiggle room. The only franchise not locked down are Deadpool and Spider-Man, though Deadpool's in doubt due to the fear that the Mercs For Money spin-offs tanking might carry over to the main Deadpool book.

As it stands, if anything major changes, it will be with Spider-Man. The current plan being pushed, is for Gwen Stacy, via Clone Conspiracy to survive that series and for Marvel to reunite Gwen/Peter as a couple in the main Marvel Universe, while using Renew Your Vows as a soft reboot for a more old school friendly comic universe akin to the Ultimates.

Already, there are talks about retconning X-Men '92 into being part of the Renew Your Vows universe and potentially launching an Avengers '92 style book as well. The notion is to do what Archie did with "Life With Archie": Gwen/Peter Shippers would get the main Marvel Universe while the MJ/Peter shippers get the Ultimate Marvel 2.0 Universe.

Plans now are to basically get Hydra War over as quick as possible, with it being a Stand-Off style mini-Xover for the Avengers line. What happens next is not clear, but there is talk about culling the Avengers line and bringing someone outside of Marvel to do what Grant Morrison did with the X-Men books. Whedon has been approached, to write Avengers with a "traditional" line-up of the current legacy characters (Jane Foster, the new female Iron Man, Falcon-Cap, plus four-five "traditional" Avengers: Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Jan Pym, Black Panther, and one or two high profile X-Men (Rogue and Wolverine)
>>
>>Continued

As it stands, one major plotline being pushed is the return of Wolverine, as far as doing a company wide event in the fall of 2017 to bring Logan and Jean Grey back. There are several writers (who will remain nameless) who think Marvel pissed away Wolverine's popularity and that if they bring him back in the right way, they can remind people why they love him and bring him back to huge acclaim like DC did with Pre-52 Superman and Lois.

The idea would be to officially make them a couple and spin-out them, possibly as the heart of a new Fantastic Four book, with Human Torch and Thing. Since they have broken up Jean/Scott and moved Scott on to Emma, there is the thought that there is no real downside of not doing Jean/Logan, since the Scott/Emma 'ship has proven to have legs to allow Marvel to go in that direction at long last.

While Mercs For Money has failed spin-off wise, there has been talks about doing a Punisher vs Deadpool mini-series where Punisher ends up having to assemble his own crew of vigilantes and mercs to go against Deadpool and his subordinates.

Thunderbolts is on the bubble and most likely will be canceled once Hydra War ends. The only reason it's still being published and not stealth canceled, is due to Spencer repeatedly stating the book will serve a major purpose in Hydra War, presumably where Zemo's part of the storyline will take place.

Talks had started with IDW to reprint Micronauts and ROM but the current spat over Hasbro trying to claim ownership of the Dire Wraiths, has screwed things up. Rumor is, Marvel has offered to donate the bulk of the profits they'd make off of hypothetical ROM/Micronaut TPBs to Bill Mantlo.
>>
>>86927702
>>86927943
yep, short Disney because they are going to close the Marvel comics division and the movies will follow suit
>>
>>86927943
>>86927702
nice fanfic

Marvel's sales are up on 2015
>>
>>86927958
then DC comics will split back into fawcett/charlton/milestone and all will be right in the world.
>>
>>86927702
SAUCE PLZ
>>
>>86927702
>The company is fucked since they have locked down pretty much the company's direction through the summer of 2017.
Stopped reading there. Marvel doesn't plan that far ahead.
>>
>>86927943
>Talks had started with IDW to reprint Micronauts and ROM but the current spat over Hasbro trying to claim ownership of the Dire Wraiths, has screwed things up.
That's not what the spat's about, dummy. Hasbro owns their own Dire Wraiths, they're just fighting with Marvel over the trademark.
>>
I'm just posting here cause you saved that picture. Good on you.

>>86928014
Mk2 armor worn by the Beetle (Abner Jenkins) when he was a villain. Picture itself isn't part of any comic as far as I know.
>>
>>86927702
>>86927943
They're still part of the "Big Two"
They're not in dead last in sales or something
>>
Hi fake Marvel Insider.

You still doing this stuff?
>>
>>Conclude
Champions has been confirmed, hell or high water, for at least 24 issues. They may double ship to get through it sooner than later, but it's the one book that has no fear of cancellation. Same with Scarlet Witch, which is a passion project for James Robinson. Though Scarlet Witch may get retooled next spring when Hydra Wars launches, since Robinson has stated up front he's willing to do crossovers (as seen with Civil War) so long as he gets creative control over what happens to Wanda.

The current arc for Marvel BTW:

Civil War 2
Clone Conspiracy and Clone Conspiracy Fall-Out
Death of X/X-Men Vs Inhumans
Hydra Wars (which will build up during XvI)

Hydra War should end towards the end of Summer 2017, which is also when the X-Men Vs Inhumans fall-out should settle with the new status quo. If plans go well, Avengers should see a form of "Rebirth" relaunch that fall, along with the new Gwen/Peter driven Spider-Man book.

Marvel knows bringing Gwen back and shoving up front might alienate fans, especially the Mary Jane/Spider-Man shippers. So during spring/summer 2017, Marvel will be doing a slow but steady shilling of Gwen Stacy to make people fall for her. Kurt Busiek has been approached to write a Gwen Stacy solo book (basically a Gwen version of the "Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane") to ease fans into the Spider-Man/Gwen Stacy reunion. Mary Jane will still be around; there has been talk about having her being moved out of Iron Man and into Silver Surfer, with the idea of "relaunching" Silver Surfer with MJ as his new companion and having MJ and Surfer travel the galaxy for a bit in order to allow Gwen to have Peter all to herself.
>>
File: IMG_5165.jpg (214KB, 807x1123px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5165.jpg
214KB, 807x1123px
Venom will save Marvel.
>>
>>86928086
Hey intern, tell them to fix Spider-Gwen
>>
>>86927702
So instead of fixing the avengers problem there gonna double down with whedon

Kill me now

>logan might comeback and finaly win the Jean bowl.

This could be intresting.
>>
>>86928104
Just like last time.
>>
>>86927702
>Marvel's panicking with the failure of Marvel Now 2.0.
How bad are they panicking?
Let us hear the juicy stuff
>>
>>86928140
No.

Assuming XvI rehabilitates Scott's entire character, it would make more sense to bring him and adult Jean back together.

Scott's entire arc as a character has been that he's become a horrible human being and the most hated mutant in the world, ever since he started fooling around with Emma. So long as Scott/Emma is a thing, Scott can never be saved from the Mutant Hitler hell he's currently trapped in.
>>
>>86927958

Yeah, those movies aren't making Disney a lot of money. Your theory makes a lot of sense.
>>
>>86928218
Screw that its logans turn.

S
>>
>>86928192
OP here.

Basically the only one who isn't panicking is Slott. And to a lesser extent, Robinson and Bendis, though Bendis is starting to crack after Civil War was universally panned and he got cockblocked by Slott on killing Peter.

Bendis being denied the right to kill Peter was a huge blow to his fat bloated ego, since he has only on rare occassions, been told no and even then, as in the case of DnA and Thanos, he always got the last laugh.

Slott's a horrible human, but he knows the ship is sinking, hence why he didn't object to Renew Your Vows: the Ongoing. And why he's bringing Gwen Stacy back; since he can't do MJ/Peter, he's going to do the next best thing and bring Gwen/Peter back as his hail mary pass to redeem himself in the eyes of fans.
>>
>>86927702
>>86927943
All good ideas except for having Marvel split into two main continuities. I like the idea of a new FF with Wolverine and Jean replacing Reed and Sue it makes perfect sense except current Marvel won't ever do that.
>>
>>86928288
How bad is the panicking getting?
Who's feeling it the worst?
Any particular incidents?
Any cursing towards Rebirth?
>>
>>86928288
Is Robinson so jaded that he doesn't give a shit as long as he has his sandbox and no editor can fuck him like what happened on E2?
>>
Hey OP what are some scrapped gimmicks and events they had planning before the great panic?
>>
>>86928086
>Hydra are behind the Terrigenocide
KNEW IT
>>
>whedon
DROPPED
>>logan and Jeanie
PICKED BACK UP
>>
Everything spider related here is god fucking awful and I will never read a Marvel comic again if they do it
>>
>>86927702
>Plans now are to basically get Hydra War over as quick as possible
Spencer btfo
>>
>>86927702
>while using Renew Your Vows as a soft reboot for a more old school friendly comic universe akin to the Ultimates.
I don't see them doing that since they just did away with alternate u's in Secret Wars.
Whedon has been approached, to write Avengers with a "traditional" line-up of the current legacy characters (Jane Foster, the new female Iron Man, Falcon-Cap, plus four-five "traditional" Avengers: Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, >
Vision, Jan Pym, Black Panther, and one or two high profile X-Men (Rogue and Wolverine)
I love SW and Vision but this sounds like such a blah Avengers Squad.

>a new Fantastic Four book, with Human Torch and Thing
mite b cool. I would have hoped more for a book with Old Man Logan, Robbie Reyes, Miles, and Luke Cage.

"Thunderbolts is on the bubble"
Why they decided to put shit-tier talent on the book to the point that it's so incredibly bland is one of their major fuck ups.
>>
>>86928086
>Marvel knows bringing Gwen back and shoving up front might alienate fans, especially the Mary Jane/Spider-Man shippers. So during spring/summer 2017, Marvel will be doing a slow but steady shilling of Gwen Stacy to make people fall for her. Kurt Busiek has been approached to write a Gwen Stacy solo book (basically a Gwen version of the "Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane") to ease fans into the Spider-Man/Gwen Stacy reunion. Mary Jane will still be around; there has been talk about having her being moved out of Iron Man and into Silver Surfer, with the idea of "relaunching" Silver Surfer with MJ as his new companion and having MJ and Surfer travel the galaxy for a bit in order to allow Gwen to have Peter all to herself.

Lol not even the Saint Gwen purist are going to be on board for this shit and Spider-Gwen is already more interesting that boring shit 616 Gwen.

That said the only appealing thing about this is MJ and Surfer's companion because that's a pretty neat idea although I doubt Slott will remove his OC for MJ.

Also Jean/Logan is such a shit pairing regardless of who Scott is with, eughh.
>>
>>86928288
Wait bendis was gonna kill pete?
>>
>>86928288
OP who is going to write GotG now that Bendis is leaving and can you spill anything about Nova?
>>
>>86928408
OP here. Wanda is Robinson's Marvel waifu and basically since Bendis and certain feminist editors hate her, the idea is to basically let Robinson have his little sandbox and play with Wanda, have tea parties with Wanda, and basically protect her from those who would have fridged her first chance they could.

I know Robinson hated King's Vision, but softened slightly when King went to him, bent his knee, and asked permission to use Wanda in the book's second half and agreed to give Robinson final approval over his usage of her. Which made Bendis laugh and led to yelling between King and Bendis over Bendis being a jerk and ruining characters for the lulz. Which in turn was one of the reasons why King bailed for DC (since he like the idea that Bendis could crap on his Vision run at any time he felt like it).

>>86928393
The Carol Corp/Inhuman folks at Marvel are feeling it the worse. Everyone knows no one gives a crap about Carol Danvers or the Inhumans, but the powers that be won't stop their push no matter what. Especially with the idiots in charge of Carol; there is one editor (who will remain nameless, but she's the one who refused to allow any writer on CM have Wanda guest star) who famously said that pushing Carol was more important than fans liking Carol, since image is everything and actual sales/fan response is the real enemy since it damages the illusion they want to push.

There is also a sense that Ms Marvel needs to be divorced from the Inhumans to salvage her. One of the reasons for Champions was to give Kamala other friends to hang out with in the super-hero community.

Bendis is cracking up too: Civil War 2 and Iron Man has been complete failures creatively and in the case of Iron Man, commercially. Also, the guy had been plotting to kill the main Peter Parker for a couple of years: it's why Miles survived the purge of the Ultimate Universe. But no one at Marvel will allow him to do it and it's making him seethe with rage.....
>>
File: 1461121388435.gif (1MB, 419x237px) Image search: [Google]
1461121388435.gif
1MB, 419x237px
>>86928580
>Angry Bendis seething with rage
Sounds hilarious
>>
>>86928580
>there is one editor (who will remain nameless
>but she's
>she
Clever
>>
>>86928580
I love everything about this. Hopefully Marvel goes through some restructuring and we can have good books by 2018
>>
OK I will play along, what ne winfo can you tell us about Hydra War and HydraCap?

Also how long until Johnston puts this on Bleedingcool>
>>
>>86928580
Ok op ill bite

Whose behind bringing logan back
>>
>>86928661
Bunn or Gillen is my guess.
>>
>>86928580
OP answer >>86928424
>>
>>86928667
Neither of those fill me qith optimisim but ill take what i can get
>>
If you're as real as you claim to be, what's going on in the cosmic realm?
>>
OP, what happened to Remender?

It was Brevoort wasn't it? The fat fuck.
>>
File: 1452436962407.jpg (83KB, 970x728px) Image search: [Google]
1452436962407.jpg
83KB, 970x728px
Tell us about Coates
How miserable is he?
>>
>>86928437
Hydra is not behind it.

XvI is basically a band-aid event to salvage things since Marvel has realized that they screwed the pooch putting the Inhumans in direct conflict with the X-Men in a manner that made it clear how little they care about the X-Men.

I won't say how the Terrigen Cloud plotline ends but in general, the plan for XvI is for the X-Men to get vindicated and the Inhumans basically knocked down a couple of pegs and back to being hated and feared and the outcasts of the Marvel Universe.

>>86928576
Marvel wants a big name; there is talks about giving it to Jeph Loeb. I know Kieron Gillen was approached, but his pitch was rejected because he wanted to make changes to the franchise that Marvel didn't want (Marvel wants maximum synergy for the sequel). There was talk about bringing Starlin back and giving him the book, to further kiss Starlin's ass so he doesn't complain to the press about how he created Thanos and Drax but doesn't own his creations.
>>
>>86928697
>I won't say how the Terrigen Cloud plotline ends but in general, the plan for XvI is for the X-Men to get vindicated and the Inhumans basically knocked down a couple of pegs and back to being hated and feared and the outcasts of the Marvel Universe.
Rejoice!
>>
File: 1475262444950.gif (168KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
1475262444950.gif
168KB, 375x375px
>Marvel does New 52 only even fucking worse
>it predictably thuds even fucking worse than New 52 did and faster
>meanwhile the competition had a learning experience and is back to making good comics again
>mfw long suffering DC fan who had to put up with Marvelfags' shit even though I wasn't even mad at Marvel's success, just not very interested in their comics
>>
>>86928140
>>86928459
>boo hoo whedon you hack!
what the hell, buds? he did great last time he was making popular mavrel franchise great again
>>
>>86928697
Is Bendis aware of the Bendisposting meme?
>>
>Bendis finally being shut the fuck down editorially, commercially, and critically.
>Throwing a baby bitch tantrum about it.

Please OP, tell me more.
>>
Astonishing X-Men is the TTGL of X-Men. Like TTGL is for people who don't actually like Mecha, but want to pretend to, AXM is for those people who don't really like the X-Men, but want to appear like they do.
>>86928710
>Astonishing
>great

This is bait right?
>>
>>86928637
Even if there's more than one female editor in Marvel, it's pretty obvious who OP is talking about
>>
>>86928710
10 years makesna diffrence
>>
File: dramatic_egg_cracking_xl.jpg (15KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
dramatic_egg_cracking_xl.jpg
15KB, 600x450px
>>86928724
OP said he isn't throwing tantrums
Bendis is cracking Anon
Like an egg
>>
>>86928655
Hydra Cap is going away and pretty much ending up one of those things we don't talk about. Like how Tony died and was replaced with a teenage version of himself. Or how Human Torch cucked Thing and married his sweetheart. Or Aunt May being dead for about four years. Or Punisher being a mystic hitman from heaven tasked to kill demons.

You are more likely to get a Superior Spider-Man flashback book than you are to get Cap Hydra mentioned once that bell gets unrung.
>>
>>86928750
How many of these has Cap had, anyway? I mean we've had HydraCap AND Capwolf, and that's just off the top of my head. This seems to be a thing with him.
>>
>inb4 Marvel beats out DC's market share in October
>>
>>86928697
>Marvel wants a big name; there is talks about giving it to Jeph Loeb.

Eugghh no let him stay in Marvel TV

>I know Kieron Gillen was approached, but his pitch was rejected because he wanted to make changes to the franchise that Marvel didn't want (Marvel wants maximum synergy for the sequel).

Thank God, I disliked how Gillen portrayed the Guardians dynamic in one of his Angela minis. What where his plans BTW if you can say? Also ewww synergy

>There was talk about bringing Starlin back and giving him the book, to further kiss Starlin's ass so he doesn't complain to the press about how he created Thanos and Drax but doesn't own his creations.

I'm OK with this but for the love of Pete give him an artist, Starlin's art is wonderful but it looks like shit with modern digital inker shit.
>>
>>86928728
no bait on my side, anon, I really did like it no matter how you look at it it was the best x-men comic to be published in years
>>
>>86928750
That kind of sucks, the aftermath of the whole HydraCap thing was one of the things I looked forward to the most.
>>
>>86928781
>Marvel wants a big name; there is talks about giving it to Jeph Loeb.
>Eugghh no let him stay in Marvel TV
I'm curious to see who else he'd replace with his dead son. He'd probably try to have Sam fill in for Star Lord
>>
>>86928750
So has Spencer basically been neutered?
>>
>>86928782
>best x-men comic to be published in years
This is an astonishingly low bar, and it's still wrong, but then again, you didn't read this.
>>
File: Really makes you visualize.jpg (257KB, 615x850px) Image search: [Google]
Really makes you visualize.jpg
257KB, 615x850px
>>86928823
>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>SHUT UP
>I'M SO FUCKING PISSED I'M SHAKING RIGHT NOW
>THIS ISN'T FUCKING FAIR
>FIRST THE MOVIES SUCKED AND NOW THIS?

What did he meme by this?
>>
>>86928839
/v/ had a false flagging wojak problem
>>
>>86927943
"Several Writers" aka Jason Aaron.
>>
>>86928822
I did. It was boring at least for the first 16 issues and the art was atrocious.

Does it get any better later?
>>
>>86928875
>Does it get any better later?
Yes.
>>
>>86928822
>new x-men
>not X-Statix
pleb
>>
>>86928857
False flagging wojak is one of /v/s best memes
>>
Did the Mouse's hitmen get OP or something?
>>
>>86928875
The series reformated with issue #20 when Yost (who wrote the 00s X-Force revival and created X23) took over. Yost essentially depowered and killed off 95% of the cast, brought in X23, and made Hellion and his goon squad the main characters.

Sadly the trades fell out of print (and #20-47 go for a pretty penny due to the books having a super low print run along with X23 scalper syndrome) and the book was canceled/replaced with the abortion that was Young X-Men, which was so bad that Marvel basically declared it non-canon
>>
>>86928911
Entirely possible. I hope someone has screencapped this stuff.
>>
>>86927702
How is Marvel handling the criticism about their gay characters?!
>>
File: Wolverine70.jpg (2MB, 2063x3131px) Image search: [Google]
Wolverine70.jpg
2MB, 2063x3131px
>>86927943
>There are several writers (who will remain nameless) who think Marvel pissed away Wolverine's popularity
That has been true since Schism. Running a school is not something that anybody with sense wants to see Wolverine do.
>>
I like these fanfiction threads.

What're the plans for Carol's rebuilding, OP? Still going to be the nuBrand for nuSWORD? Is she actually going to get with T'Challa? Pratt-Lord? Spider-Woman?
>>
>>86928767
The time he was an old man.
The time he was addicted to drugs.
The time he didn't have the Super Soldier Serum.
>>
>>86929016
The House of Mouse assassinated OP
>>
>>86928708
this guy gets it
>>
>>86928956
There was talk about making the guy who formed the Americop police force gay, in the recent Cap Civil War arc, as a sort of nudge-nudge/wink-wink to the sort of alt-right/log cabin Republican element of the gay community. The guy who owned the Americops would have been a Milo-style conservative gay and they would have lampshaded how Americop's costume was pure leather/cop fetish porn.

Spencer shot down the entire idea because he didn't want to have any "evil" gay characters in Sam's book. Especially after he made a big deal about Sam marching in gay pride parades as a straight ally.

On the other hand, Marvel kind of knows they fucked up making Iceman gay and in the case of adult Iceman, doing their hardest to sidestep UXM #600 entirely. Adult Bobby is gay, but he's now in a "don't ask, don't tell" state of limbo romantically. It's one of the reasons why, if Havok/Polaris ever resurfaces, they'll most likely be married at long last so as to prevent other writers from using Lorna to cure Bobby of his homosexuality.
>>
>>86929055
Just make Bobby bisexual
>>
>>86929016
Carol is going full steam ahead with no changes. The feminist cancer cells are so entrenched with Carol, that you literally have an easier time getting Ike to budge on burying the X-Men/pushing the Inhumans, than getting Marvel to pull back on Carol or get rid of her and retiring the Captain Marvel name for another decade, to rehab it with someone else using the name.

Carol/T'Challa has been brought up, but a certain writer who will remain nameless vetoed it because they have no interest in a stunt relationship ala Storm/BP to boost BP sales.
>>
>>86928713
Bendis? The comic writer?
>>
File: isaac-perlmutter_416x416.jpg (45KB, 416x416px) Image search: [Google]
isaac-perlmutter_416x416.jpg
45KB, 416x416px
What's he like?
>>
>>86927702
ohhhh, you are talking about the comics. meh dude, comics are done. disney is using the whole industry to test the audience for the movies, selling toys and just in case some new character miraculously appears... like the case, just for dumb teens... kamala, miles, spidergwen
>>
>>86929080
Bendis doesn't believe in bisexuals.

Honest to God, he doesn't believe in bisexuality and said as much, when he demanded to be allowed to turn Iceman gay.

One of the reasons why Uncanny X-Men #600 took so long to come out, was due to editorial and Bendis feuding over the outing scene; the editor wanted adult Bobby to be bisexual and for Bendis to acknowledge this but Bendis demanded Iceman be 100% gay and eventually wore the editor down and causing him to cave.
>>
Can you tell me more about Cap? Also what will happen to Uncanny Avengers?

>>86929111
>Carol/T'Challa has been brought up

Marvel is so fucking stupid, seriously,
>>
>>86929144
Are you going to answer the older questions?
>>
>>86927702
>Avengers are locked in with Hydra War (which had to be reworked due to the backlash against Hydra Cap)

>>86928086
>there has been talk about having her being moved out of Iron Man and into Silver Surfer, with the idea of "relaunching" Silver Surfer with MJ as his new companion and having MJ and Surfer travel the galaxy for a bit in order to allow Gwen to have Peter all to herself.

>>86928580
>since Bendis and certain feminist editors hate her

>complete failures creatively and in the case of Iron Man, commercially

This is all not true in the slightest.
>>
>>86929127
Super stern. Unless you are amongst the tip-top level guys, you don't dare approach him or interact with him at all.
>>
>>86928903
Aside from /v/,/pol/,/tv/, and /co/
Who else uses them?
I don't really see company wars occurring anywhere else
>>
>>86929144
Jesusfuck what is wrong with Bendis, fire the fat fuck or reduce him to Jessica Jones and Miles Morales.

What does protect Bendis anyway?

Also pls tell me who hates who in Marvel and what do they think of Rebirth doing so good?
>>
>>86929146
Uncanny Avengers is most likely going to go away following Hydra War. It's served it's purpose and like Secret Avengers and the various junior varsity Avengers teams, no longer serves a purpose in the new order.
>>
>>86929144
Tell us about plans they decided to threw away in order to unfuck themselves.
>>
>>86929173
GOOD
>>
>>86929156
Bendis is that you?
>>
File: Boost_Mobile.jpg (232KB, 900x1369px) Image search: [Google]
Boost_Mobile.jpg
232KB, 900x1369px
>>86927702
>babby's first time seeing one of the Big Two lack behind
>>
Which writers are on suicide watch right now?
>>
>>86929144
>Bendis doesn't believe in bisexuals.
How can one man be such a cunt?

I mean, I'm inclined to agree with that thinking, but lol, that doesn't jive with his whole persona lmao.

>>86929219
Nah, man, fist time seeing D.C. in front in like forever lol
>>
So what bits end up making Bleeding Cool?

Bendis being a bisexual-phobic?

Gwen/Peter being the new OTP?

Whedon writing Avengers?

Hydra Cap/Hydra War being rushed Batman: Endgame style?
>>
I could buy the whole Peter/Gwen thing if that is why we are getting Miles/Gwen all of the sudden, so Bendis can step on the whole thing first with his "real" spider-man.
>>
How about focusing on just making interesting stories with their characters instead of big 'events' every 6 months? That would be a novel concept.
>>
>>86928774
They're releasing a shit ton of crazy stuff like 1:1000 variants so it's likely. How many will buy the #2 issues though?
>>
File: look of puzzlement.gif (1MB, 300x191px) Image search: [Google]
look of puzzlement.gif
1MB, 300x191px
>>86929249
Wha-what?
>>
>>86929230
Bisexuality is generally frowned upon in men.

Women can be bisexual with no consequence (and have been for ages) but bisexuality in men is still taboo and acceptable to be discriminated against.

To most straight men, bisexual men are either

1.Sissies and effeminate freaks

2. Worthless betas who turned gay to get laid because they can't score with chicks

3. faggots who are cowards in terms of living in a "closet with a window" in it.

4. Basically Satanic Evil Monsters who fuck both sexes to advance evil schemes and plans, or to show off their toxic masculinity via fucking (and by fucking, in the eyes of the bi-phobic man, I mean rape) men as the ultimate gesture of asserting dominance over someone.
>>
Any Luke cage or Iron fist stuff?
>>
>>86929239
Probably none.

Rich got burnt big time when he posted the stuff about how Death of X was going to be about Quentin Quires and Pixie killing Inhuman kids and Cyclops being innocent and taking the fall by outing the fact that the mists were killing humans, so Rogue didn't have to become the hated figure he became. None of it happened.
>>
>>86929249
Get out of here with your witchcraft.
>>
File: reeve-carney-as-dorian-gray.jpg (20KB, 590x421px) Image search: [Google]
reeve-carney-as-dorian-gray.jpg
20KB, 590x421px
>>86929327
>4. Basically Satanic Evil Monsters who fuck both sexes to advance evil schemes and plans, or to show off their toxic masculinity via fucking (and by fucking, in the eyes of the bi-phobic man, I mean rape) men as the ultimate gesture of asserting dominance over someone.

Indeed
>>
>>86929249
I don't get it...
>>
File: Dustin Stab.webm (276KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
Dustin Stab.webm
276KB, 720x404px
>>86929249
NANI?
>>
>>86929249
Nigga do you want the industry to be bomb again?
>>
>>86927702
Reminder that Rebirth is the best thing to happen to Marvel fans as it will force the company to pull itself together and finally go in the right direction.
>>
>>86929249
Get this hothead out of here.
>>
>>86929249
Events boost sales and smaller stories only are allowed if you are a favored writer or doing a book no one gives a shit about.
>>
>>86929439
As a Marveldrone, I gotta say, I'm loving Rebirth.

I think from Marvel I'm buying
-UXM
-Vision (for another issue)
-Avengers is all I'm getting from NOW!! (cause Kang)
And that's it.
MAYBE Unworthy Thor, but I kinda doubt it.

From Rebirth
-RHATO
-HJ+GLC (easily my favorite of the big 2 books)
-Tec
-ASB

From Image
-72E
-Kill or Be Killed
>>
>>86929439
When has competition ever improved anything?
>>
>>86929481
Always?
>>
>>86929504
Your ideas are wild and will never catch on. Now give me five unrepresented minorities we can replace white male superheroes with.
>>
>>86927702
I hope this is true. I love the Peter/Gwen pairing. Though I hope Logan and Jean aren't together.
>>
>>86927702
>Peter/Gwen
>Logan/Jean
See this right here is interesting because it's gonna be so hard to write these pairings well enough for people to accept them. If I know one thing it's that Slott will never be able to write any relationship.
>>
>>86929342
?????
>>
What's with all the shipping bullshit?
>>
>>86929511
See, black Captain America is okay but what about a Native Cap?
>>
>>86929562
Captain Native America?
>>
>>86929528
I also just realised that if they were to bring Gwen back then she'd be like 19 years old. And Peter is like 27-28 or something, right?
>>
>>86929111
What the fuck, for anything Carol needs it to boost her sales than the other way around.
>>
>>86928086
>Civil War 2
I forgot they were even doing this, the absolute retards.
>>
>>86928086
>Silver Surfer is now Dr Who
Fuck Slott
>>
>>86929327
Hey, now, 3 is more of a LBGT (man that g keeps getting buried more and more don't it.) deal. Give us a little bit of a break. If you are the kind of straight guy who gives a fuck about who another dude likes to fuck you usually don't care what the closet he's in looks like.
>>
How real is this? I know Civil War 2 was right on the balls but there was also the one with the X-Men supposedly getting their own dimension (Granted the school being in Hell could count as that), still that also said Scott was gonna declare war on the Inhumans and whaddaya know Scott's declaring war on the Inhumans
>>
>>86929562

Marvel did a What If about that. Err, I guess it was still Steve Rogers, but he was Native American themed.
>>
>>86929055
Oh God FORBID we show that gay people can have more than one political ideology or not be saints in sequined halos.

Man you could even have an actual nuanced scene with him going, "Wilson you're no goddamn ally of MINE." why does Spencer want to write political stories where there is no tension or drama or complexity.

>>86929111
Thank GOD. Why would T'Challa stick his dick in that much crazy.

>>86929144
I don't want to believe you. I want to believe he just thought someone'd override a bisexual easier.
>>
>>86928774
>Implying DC won't bite back in November and December once Marvel has no new shit again.
>>
>>86929156
Bendis's Iron Man run had no fucking Iron Man in it. He pitched actually doing shit with Iron Man characters and it was just crossovers and fucking Rini.
>>
Hey Rich, I know you're reading this I just want to be included in the article

sincerely Anoon
>>
>>86929701

It's not. All the x-men spoilers were bullshit too. The only ones they got right were the ones everyone already knew.
>>
>>86928580
Bendis couldn't think he'd actually get to kill Peter Parker.
>>
>>86929249
If there wasn't a "for real this changes everything this time" event 2 or 3 times a year, how would Marvel justify spamming a bunch of renumberings for that sweet #1 money?
>>
>>86928288
>Bendis is starting to crack after Civil War was universally panned and he got cockblocked by Slott on killing Peter.
>Bendis being denied the right to kill Peter was a huge blow to his fat bloated ego, since he has only on rare occassions, been told no and even then, as in the case of DnA and Thanos, he always got the last laugh.

I remember him gloating about Battle of the Atom: When it came out, he was forced to collaborate with Wood and Aaron on the event since they were writing the other two X-Men books at the time, and he had to compromise with them as to the backgrounds and motivations of a lot of the future X-Men characters. The MOMENT they were off their books, he brought the characters back in one of his own books and immediately retconned their backstories and motivations to what he'd originally wanted, stripped of the contributions of his co-workers. Then he gloated about it in interviews.

The level of hubris and contempt he has for his fellow creators, and the degree to which he wants HIS vision and HIS versions of characters to replace and eclipse existing ones is so toxic at this point it's shocking to me that anyone is willing to him anything that he wants.

It's no wonder he thought that he could replace the real Spider-Man with HIS Spider-Man and have it stick. The man's ego knows no bounds.
>>
>>86928218
Yeah Emma's whole "Yeah, Scott, be your worst possible self." encouragement's really...nnnot worked out.
>>
>>86928288
Why CAN'T he do MJ/Peter? JQ's out.
>>
>>86928750
HydraCap could've worked if it wasn't JUST after old man fascist OOC shield cap.

Like Spencer just really, really fucking hates Steve Rogers huh.
>>
>>86929835

It's worked out great for the readership. Scott Summers, an interesting character? What a novel concept!
>>
>>86928580
>Which made Bendis laugh and led to yelling between King and Bendis over Bendis being a jerk and ruining characters for the lulz.

I remember a story that - bizarrely enough - Bendis told around ten or so years ago, back when Editors were still willing to say no to him and he seemed willing to listen.

He was writing Daredevil at the time, and was writing a story which would see the original White Tiger killed off ("fridged", as they say) in order to advance another story. Joe Quesada saw the script and sat Bendis down to talk to him about this.

The jist of what he had to say was something like this: "Hey, how would you like it if I were to call Kurt Busiek right this minute and ask him if it would benefit one of his stories to kill off Jessica Jones in one of his books? You wouldn't like it? Well guess what? Nobody else would either. So you call George Perez and you get his fucking blessing before I'm giving you the green light to kill off the character he created." (Bill Mantlo was the writer who created the character, but presumably by that point his brain damage would have made a similar conversation with him meaningless)

At that time, Bendis related this story as a sobering lesson about respecting the creation of his fellow creators, but sadly it seems like he internalized none of that lesson and no editor since Quesada has had the juice to have the same sort of conversation with him.
>>
Ok, if the pretend insider is still around:

Who's Marvel's main writers going to be besides Bendis/Slott now that so many writers jumped ship to work exclusively on creator owned books or signed exclusive deals with DC?
>>
>>86929865
It worked for a couple years until they pounded it into the dirt, past the dirt, through the crust, into the mantle, and I think we've hit magma now.

Yeah we're at magma now.

Or to put it another way in a better group of writers's hands Scott's flirtation with fascism could've been great but the dude should've turned around YEARS ago instead of the huge fucking mess we got.
>>
>>86929875
Aaron.
>>
>>86929896
well fuck THAT.
>>
>>86929889

That's part of the story. Once you start down that path you can't turn away from it; the solution for a fascist is always "more fascism." The one thing I will say in favor of your position is that a character who makes no good decisions is as uninteresting as a character who makes no bad decisions.
>>
>>86929889
Scott x Magma...
hmm, hadn't thought of this.
>>
File: Brainraped-axm-3_22.jpg (251KB, 935x948px) Image search: [Google]
Brainraped-axm-3_22.jpg
251KB, 935x948px
>>86929889
>>86929916
You folks have gotten the story wrong.
(And on /co/, what a surprise!)

Here's a hint: Rightclops was framed.
>>
File: Another_planets_hell.jpg (102KB, 1280x936px) Image search: [Google]
Another_planets_hell.jpg
102KB, 1280x936px
>>86927702
>Comics fail so hard Marvel goes full kino
Convey your emotions in one image, friends.
>>
File: 1471504882308.jpg (97KB, 560x856px) Image search: [Google]
1471504882308.jpg
97KB, 560x856px
>>86930003
>>
File: gwenpoolasharkateme.png (135KB, 296x296px) Image search: [Google]
gwenpoolasharkateme.png
135KB, 296x296px
>>86930003
>>
File: Feels.png (604KB, 516x662px) Image search: [Google]
Feels.png
604KB, 516x662px
>>86930003
>>
>>86928580
>Which made Bendis laugh and led to yelling between King and Bendis over Bendis being a jerk and ruining characters for the lulz.

>ywn see based CIA telling Bendis he could kill him in 10 different ways with his hands tied behind his back.
>>
WHY THE FUCK ARE THE PUSHING GWEN SO HARD!?

She did one thing and that was fucking die!
>>
>>86930312
It's okay MJfag, you're getting your own book
>>
>>86927985
Not really, the majority of their books are below the cutoff line.
>>
>>86929772
>fake ass spoilers

This. It's cute fanfiction, but just like the X-men bullshit and most comic book movie spoilers here, it's just creating a semi-believable story from loose bits of information we already know.
>>
>>86929144
Please don't let this be true.
>>
>>86929167
Bendis is like Hydra. His minions have already infiltrated Marvel.
>>
>>86928218
go fuck yourself
>>
>>86928288
IN WHAT WORLD IS BRINGING GWEN BACK A GOOD THING? SHE IS THE GIRL WHO DIED! HER DEATH IS THE MOST PIVOTAL SHIT TO EVER HAPPEN TO PETER!

Fucking hell Conway bought back Gwen in the 70s after killing her and it proved how Peter and Gwen were two different people than when they were teenagers in love. That they needed to move on.
>>
File: 196286877553.png (1MB, 887x744px) Image search: [Google]
196286877553.png
1MB, 887x744px
>>86927702
>Gwen/Peter Shippers would get the main Marvel Universe while the MJ/Peter shippers get the Ultimate Marvel 2.0 Universe
>Felica/Peter shippers get nothing
>they always get nothing
>>
>>86927702
>Scarlet Witch, Vision, Jan Pym
>on the same team
oh boy
>>
File: dc animated universe.jpg (221KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
dc animated universe.jpg
221KB, 970x545px
>>86929230
>fist time seeing D.C. in front in like forever
babby detected.
>>
>>86929777
He's already done it once
>>
>>86928875
I was iffy at first but kept reading since I already had it downloaded and came to love it. You kinda need the first 20 issues of unremarkable slice of life school drama in the same way a rollercoaster needs to slowly gain height before rocketing down the triple loop the loop
>>
>>86928569
yeah, we first heard about it in the wake of the writers summit at the end of Secret Wars
Peter would have bitten the bullet instead of either Rhodey or Banner. Most likely instead of Banner.
>>
>>86929166
/asp/, maybe? Rawtists vs Smacklads.
>>
>>86931175
Good, Felicia/peter is shit and it will always be shit like Batman/wonder woman level of shit.
>>
Fanfickiest fanfic ever fanficked.
>>
File: MSM-070.jpg (158KB, 315x432px) Image search: [Google]
MSM-070.jpg
158KB, 315x432px
>>86928064
>>
>>86931380
come to australia so I can kick your ass
>>
>>86931444
Your Spiders are scarier than you straya. No thanks
>>
File: 1453746271911.jpg (191KB, 696x754px) Image search: [Google]
1453746271911.jpg
191KB, 696x754px
Over the moon that DC is kicking ass and delivering great comics, but it hurts cause I'm also a Marvel fan, but Christ the drop in quality over the last few years has been cataclysmic.

Everything Marvel does seems forced, transparent and tired.
>>
>>86931800
Sometimes things have to get worse before they can get better, guy.
>>
>>86928086

>Marvel knows bringing Gwen back and shoving up front might alienate fans, especially the Mary Jane/Spider-Man shippers. So during spring/summer 2017, Marvel will be doing a slow but steady shilling of Gwen Stacy to make people fall for her.

>Gwen and Peter get together for good, and finally get married
>Many years down the line, some fucktard writers and editors decide to fuck up their relationship with an EXACT repeat of One More Day

I can't wait to see that happening. I just fucking know that some autistic "NOT MUH SPIDER" nostalgia characterfag will fuck this up in the future.
>>
>>86931823
Hell, you're right anon.
DC proved that.

I have hope guys... I have hope.
>>
>>86931823
I just hate the constant pendulum swing the Big Two does. Like why can't they both be good?

I remember being a DC fag before the New 52 came along. I consumed morrison bats, new krypton, JSA, JLA, secret six, Birds of Prey, batgirl, Powergirl, Green Lantern titles and even some extended cosmic shit.

Then they fuck up in their reboot and suddenly Marvel start putting out more killer stuff around then. Brubaker was still on Cap, Remender on X Force, Utopia was still a fun thing that existed, Hickmans FF was still good, I think Kid Loki was still alive and adorable.

Now everythings completely shifted the other way. What the fuck.
>>
>>86927702
>As it stands, if anything major changes, it will be with Spider-Man. The current plan being pushed, is for Gwen Stacy, via Clone Conspiracy to survive that series and for Marvel to reunite Gwen/Peter as a couple in the main Marvel Universe, while using Renew Your Vows as a soft reboot for a more old school friendly comic universe akin to the Ultimates.

Fucking cock sucking pieces of shit. I don't wanna see Gwen with Peter and I don't wanna see MJ with powers. I wanna see Peter with an un powered MJ married, that's where most of the drama came from. How are they too autistic to see this?!?
>>
>>86931952
Good. Gwen is meant to be dead. MJ is the right apider waifu next to Felecia.
>>
>>86928086
What a fucking slut
>>
>>86927702
>Already, there are talks about retconning X-Men '92 into being part of the Renew Your Vows universe

I thought that was canon with TAS. Does this mean Renew Your Vows is the canonical sequel to TAS? Did Spider-Man find MJ off screen or something?
>>
>>86932005
haha they do see it. They just don't want to admit they fucked up with OMD. That shit was JoeQ's passion project.

To this day even in the recent NYCC, he likes to take pride in being the guy who "fixed" spiderman with his editorial handling.
>>
>>86927702
>traditional

>current legacy characters

Pick one.
>>
>>86931984
Haven't you ever heard of yin and yang, motherfucker? The universe needs balance. Competition keeps them honest. And the readers will keep them honest. When there's only 5 Marvel titles in the top 30 titles, they'll either adapt or die.
>>
>>86927943
>they can remind people why they love him and bring him back to huge acclaim like DC did with Pre-52 Superman and Lois.
>The idea would be to officially make them a couple and spin-out them

Fucking hell Marvel. MJ and Peter are literally right there. Right in front of your fucking eyes.
>>
>>86932040
>Fixed.

What a fucking retard.
>>
>>86928086
Champions...
Marvel has a bad habit of doubling down on a bad bet.
>>
>>86928580
Bendy raging fills me with joy.
May he experience flop after flop while peter lives on.
>>
>>86929709
Because complexity and nuance is the enemy of rhetoric and ideology.
He can't show how right his beliefs are with any shades of grey.

Shame as I really like Wilson cap.
He's the most natural fit for the role and fills it well.
>>
>>86927702
Wait Marvel still thinks Champions will be a best seller?
>>
>>86932033
>Does this mean Renew Your Vows is the canonical sequel to TAS? Did Spider-Man find MJ off screen or something?

Sadly, THAT Spider-Man (or one who looked just like him) was killed by Morlun during Spider-Verse.
>>
>>86931800
Same anon.
Same.
But as this guy says
>>86931823
There is hope.
>>
>>86931175
RIP hopes and dreams of my first waifu. I just wish that sometime in the future there would be a story with Peter and Felicia living happy and screwing around as super thief duo but that will never happen because for some reason BC makes all the writes supper butthurt.
>>
>>86931164
>using the biggest MJ/Peter shipper's writing from 40 years ago as proof

>>86931175
This hurts
>>
>>86931211
You do realize that ended like, YEARS ago right?
>>
So is Hydra War replacing Kang War?
>>
File: confession of a marvel fan.jpg (48KB, 312x264px) Image search: [Google]
confession of a marvel fan.jpg
48KB, 312x264px
>>86931823
>>
I haven't been keeping up with the X-Men stuff over the last two years or so, when Logan died did they even bother to dredge Jubilee back up for a second?
>>
>>86929327
No woman wants a dude who has sucked cock and had it in the ass.
>>
>>86932264
Nope, the one that was killed was from Spider-Man Unlimited. TAS survived because Slott thought they were the same, which was not the case.
>>
File: 1476134903923.png (960KB, 512x768px) Image search: [Google]
1476134903923.png
960KB, 512x768px
>>86928086
This is shit, it's all fucking shit. Are they all so distant that they forgot what the fans want?
>>
>>86929847
He doesn't write MJ well.
>>
I don't believe most of OP's stuff except the things that are already public knowledge, but I kind of wish it was true, because I'd rather believe Marvel is panicking than what I suspect is the truth, that they believe they're doing fine and will continue believing it as they walk off the cliff.
>>
Marvel needs to give up on events for a bit or at least move away from the hero versus hero shit.
>>
>>86928580
>King proposed to Robinson.
>Defended his honor from Bendis.

New OTP.
>>
Good riddance desu
>>
>>86929141
>ohhhh, you are talking about the comics.

We got to the point where it's shocking to talk about comics. When will /tv/ fuck off? The least we could do is make a containment general.
>>
>>86932725
He can't write any female well outside that stupid fucking token dwarf character he's in love with. Black Cat has gotten it even worse than MJ.
>>
>>86932740
Even if Marvel higher-ups were all retarded( which at this point wouldn't be a too wild assumption), there is absolutely no way they are satisfied with the current situation. Also they are still having a relaunch, so they won't really start panicking until the relaunch is over and the numbers are out.
December is when we'll know the truth
>>
>>86929439
This isn't better, they're just digging deeper.
>>
>>86932725
That has never, ever stopped Marvel before. Fake Intern implied someone was stopping him from using her which had me curious.
>>
>>86932853
That's not really fair. He's done some top noch shit in the past, namely She-Hulk and GLA. My main gripe with the guy is that he's been on Spider-Man way too long, which made people wise to his style of writing. Also how he throws hissy fits when confronted with criticism. He should have left on a high note years ago and maybe, /maybe/ come back on occasions for a couple arcs if he /really/ wanted to. Then promptly after fuck off and let someone else have a turn.
>>
>>86928086
>So during spring/summer 2017, Marvel will be doing a slow but steady shilling of Gwen Stacy to make people fall for her
you mean they haven't been doing this already?
or does spidergwen and all the shilling she got not count?
>>
File: 1471102599264.jpg (343KB, 956x873px) Image search: [Google]
1471102599264.jpg
343KB, 956x873px
>>86927702
>(which had to be reworked due to the backlash against Hydra Cap)
>>
>>86932952
Slott's problem is he's a slow writer (which is why he often has to farm scripts out to Chris Gage). I don't think he has the energy to create and promote his own independent work the way some of the other ex-Marvel writers do, so writing Spider-Man is pretty much the best gig he's ever going to have, after many years spent trying to work his way up the ladder.

So I can't exactly blame him for not leaving, because what else would there be for him to do? And Marvel can't replace him because it's one of their more successful books and they have plenty of weaker spots they can't plug.
>>
>>86932040
>They just don't want to admit they fucked up with OMD.
OMD was made to fix their first fuck-up: Revealing that Peter Parker is Spider-man in Civil War
>>
>>86927943
WOLVERINE HAD THREE ONGOINGS! THREE! Let us enjoy this brief period of rest.
>>
>>86933057
I recall reading that the OMD plan was already in motion and they approved the unmasking because they knew they could reverse it.

Marvel editors had been trying to get rid of the Peter/MJ marriage since at least the mid-90s. It's kind of a tribute that it lasted so long despite so much editorial opposition.
>>
>>86933122
I never got why the editors's issues amounted to "We can't have Spidey fuck anyone else, WE DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO."
>>
>>86929144
>Honest to God, he doesn't believe in bisexuality and said as much, when he demanded to be allowed to turn Iceman gay.
Can I call him a shitlord on Twitter for this?

I'm already blocked by Dan Slott, might as well try and go for a high score.
>>
>>86932780
It's all part of King's plan to bring Robinson back to DC and get him to write Earth-2 again.
>>
>>86929111
>Carol/T'Challa has been brought up, but a certain writer who will remain nameless vetoed it because they have no interest in a stunt relationship ala Storm/BP to boost BP sales.
Storm/BP at least has history at this point.
>>
>>86928538
>I don't see them doing that since they just did away with alternate u's in Secret Wars

So I've never read Secret Wars. I do know that the Ultimate universe was done away with in it but you're saying they got rid of alternate universes in general? I'm sorry but that statement doesn't make sense to me because if that was true then shouldn't Spider-Gwen's series (which takes place in an alternate u) not be a thing?
>>
>>86929674
Slott's Silver Surfer book has been Dr. Who fan fiction from the start
>>
>>86933135
Probably because editors live vicariously through Spidey and a married Spidey reminds them too much of their own married lives.
>>
>>86933226

Yeah, they got rid of all existing ones, including Earth 616, but at the conclusion of that story, the process of rebuilding the multiverse, including restoring a lot of existing parallel worlds began immediately. Web Warriors was all about these characters, post-Secret Wars, bopping between many established and new universes.
>>
>>86931984
Hey it's not like one is always better than the other. sometimes they're both shit
>>
>>86928580
>There is also a sense that Ms Marvel needs to be divorced from the Inhumans to salvage her.

Frankly the Inhumans have always needed Kamala more than she's needed them
>>
>>86932264
Well almost everything died for Secret Wars. All the dead spiders from Spider-Verse were probably brought back.
>>
>>86933386
Yep. She'd be her own character even if her origin is "got bitten by radioactive couch".
>>
>>86933334
>>
>>86928538
>Luke Cage
Why not Chulk or Shulk?
>>
>>86929111
That's insane... Considering the current consensus from feminist critics is that Civil War II is ruining Carol and they're demanding a rebuilding just as badly as /co/ is
>>
>>86933386
Branded origins don't matter to readers anymore. They don't care about how the hero got their power, just the character and who they team up with.
>>
>>86933469
Don't forget shipping.
>>
>>86928580
Robinson sounds like a cool guy from this. I'd want to protect Wanda from Bendis.
>>
>>86928288

>Slott caring what fans think of him

You almost got me.
>>
File: maxresdefault (5).jpg (46KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (5).jpg
46KB, 1280x720px
>>86932449
Still babbies

The worst thing moot ever did was not moving the age limit up every year.
>>
>>86927702
>The company is fucked
No, their comics are fucked, the company is doing better than ever pumping out shit movies.
>>
>>86929674
It's been Dr Who for 2 whole years now bub
>>
File: image.jpg (71KB, 435x363px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71KB, 435x363px
>yfw Bendis gets sacked but politics his way to the top of DC
>>
>>86933546
>someone should commit suicide in Civil War 2 because muh cyber-bullying
Cool guy, my ass.
>>
>>86933046
I wonder if there are any other writers who have the position of mop-up writer for another guy who can't finish his own books.

For a long time Fabian Nicieza was like that for Kurt Busiek, he would finish books that Kurt couldn't due to his health.
>>
File: 1473454115384.png (584KB, 864x623px) Image search: [Google]
1473454115384.png
584KB, 864x623px
>>86933386
>those issues where it seemed like they were actually going to do something with Kamala being an Inhuman but it essentially boiled down to HEY, SHE'S INHUMAN REMEMBER, FUCKING BUT INHUMANS, PLZ?
>>
>>86933722
Matthew Sturges took a lot of Bill Willingham projects
>>
>>86933525
Yeah, but that's always been a thing even if we didn't call it that.
>>
Disney needs to hurry up and clean up the crappy editors.

Save us please.
>>
>>86933942
>Implying that would fix anything.
>>
>>86928580
One reason I don't find this story convincing is that I don't believe Bendis actually hates any of the characters he ruins except maybe OG Wasp. He genuinely believes he made Scarlet Witch and Hawkeye better characters. Because he's a nut.
>>
>>86934146
Wait, what did he do to Hawkeye?
>>
>>86934182
>archers sucks
>ninjas are cool
>Hawkeye is shit, Ronin is better
Oh, and killed him bunch of times.
>>
>>86934216
Well, yeah, archers suck. Everybody knows that. But Hawkeye's job is to be shit. Trying to make him cool just removes the point of the character, even if ninjas were still cool.
>>
>Bringing Gwen back
FUCKING. WHY. SHE'S AN AWFUL CHARACTER. GERRY CONWAY KILLED HER OFF FOR A REASON YOU STUPID FUCKING BASTARDS.

God, this all just stems from the fucking ASM movie. Wish it never happened.
>>
>>86934216
Also he keeps writing Hawkeye as a killer and when people write in to point out that he was fanatically anti-killing for decades he just denies it.
>>
>>86934379
>Hawkeye going all "You killed Phantom Rider!" in Mockingbird.
>>
>>86928218
I haven't read any X-Men stuff since Bendis ended. Did they turn Scott into Hitler. He was still a pretty good homan bean.
>>
>>86934445
The claim is that but what he did hasn't been stated. Not even any dead prominent Inhumans after the time-skip to suggest he assassinated someone.
>>
>>86931823
I said that in 2004. It never has.
>>
>>86933057
>first fuck up
>came after Sins Past
>came after The Other

>>86934605
Wasn't at this point that they got rid of some of morrison's shit on X-Men? Things definitely got way better for a while... some few years later.
>>
>>86934182
>>
>>86929249

Real Talk. What was the last thing anyone here read from Marvel where that was the case. It checked off your boxes at what an interesting/good story was?
>>
>>86934328
>archers suck. Everybody knows that
Medieval England would like to have a word.
>>
>>86934445
What i want to know is why bendis has so much pull to effect x-man even as he leaves. Fucking bendis he just keeps getting away with it.
>>
>>86928767
CapWolf was only a 5-issue arc, not a failed editorial direction. Also, it was fucking great.
>>
>>86934216
Ronin was never meant to be a permanat change and is totaly reptesenitve of clunts state of mind at the time
>>
>>86928767
HydraCap is just a part of the "Superior *****" gimmick, so guess that dosn't even count.

>>86928750
Or Frankencastle, or Lady Sinister, Lady Ghost Rider etc.
>>
>>86935410
Lady Sinister was just another body. And even as a girl still didn't wring out Cyclops's semen.
>>
>>86934879
Vision, Moon Knight
>>
>>86929815
Spidey, moves to New Jersey 1#, Spidey moves to Georgia 1#, Spidey moves to Canada 1#, Spidey moves to Mexico 1#, Spidey moves to Japan 1#....

SPIDERMAN BACK TO NEW YORK 1#
>>
>>86928937
>brought in X23
X-23 was getting added to the book regardless. The original writers talked about it online quite a bit on forums and shit when they were still on the book; she was forced onto them by editorial (although they didn't sound bitter about it). Their dismissal from the book and Yost & Kyle getting added was a very sudden thing. They had some storylines plotted out for post-House of M, stuff like going to Nova Roma to put to bed the whole bullshit with Magma's background or Elixir going insane in his desire to re-power mutants. They basically learned they were off the book only shortly before the fans did.
>>
>>86929817
Yeah, this story needs more detail.
>>
>>86928086
>there has been talk about having her being moved out of Iron Man and into Silver Surfer, with the idea of "relaunching" Silver Surfer with MJ as his new companion and having MJ and Surfer travel the galaxy for a bit

GOD DAMMIT. LET SURFER BE SURFER AGAIN.
>>
>>86934328
Fuck off Fraction
>>
>>86932898
Someone else is blocking it
I remember seeing slott in an interview basically saying that RYW was the only time he was allowed to write Peter and MJ as a couple.
>>
>>86933631
I dunno, Bendis is one of Quesadilla's butt boys and DC is angry with Quesada so it would have to be Bendis having a major fallout with Marvel.

He won't get to DC top without some fucking good writing and good selling but he won't get tje priviliges he has in Marvel with DC that's for sure. He would be no ones buddy at DC and he would have to start from zero.

Maybe with good editors and the right motivation Bendis could even produce something decent.
>>
>>86935919
That sounds bullshit.
>>
>>86936353
Look, I understand why archers appeal to people, more or less. I just prefer that professional heroes rely on something more than weaponry that's been outdated for almost a century now.
>>
>>86936433
This. It's no secret that the higher ups at Marvel have wanted MJ gone for DECADES and it wasn't just Quesada, contrary to popular belief. And if anything, RYV is a bad sign for MJ fans as it's basically Marvel saying that it's going to be a LONG time before they're together again in the main continuity. If they get back together at all
>>
>>86936927
Meh, I'm used to it. Thankfully they'll now be TWO ongoing canons where Peter's married to MJ instead of just the one like it was from 2010-2015 (RYV and the newspaper strip)
>>
Man, Marvel Comics really needs to take a step back. If I were in charge, I'd really be pushing to do a company wide relaunch/reboot, to wipe the slate clean, and I'd be releasing core titles, with new, talented writers and artists, to bring in fresh ideas and materials, and also use it to establish a concrete basis for the world. I'd be aiming for consistency across the board.
>>
>>86936893
>Archery was still alive and well in respectable armies in 1917.
>>
So OP, about that sauce...
>>
>>86938895
His anus
>>
>>86939206
Pity, I want Micronauts and ROM reprints so bad.
>>
>>86936927
For what reason? Married parker was better than the mess we have now. He was also better as a teacher. If you wanted old parker make a new fucking character.

However, current parker is awful and quaseda is a retard.
>>
>>86939206
I want to believe
>>
>>86938153
One crazy dude in the British army in WW2
>>
OP if you're still around can you give us a progress report on Blade and if Monsters Unleashed going to build up to anything bigger?

also what happened with Death's Head I book?
>>
This is all very nice fan fiction but do you have any proof of this, OP?

Also inb4 Rich Johnson article for bleedingcool
>>
>>86928288
>though Bendis is starting to crack after Civil War was universally panned and he got cockblocked by Slott on killing Peter.
>Bendis being denied the right to kill Peter was a huge blow to his fat bloated ego, since he has only on rare occassions, been told no and even then, as in the case of DnA and Thanos, he always got the last laugh.
Now I know you're bullshitting.
>>
>>86929987
Did she just threaten to deny cyclops sex?
>>
People don't actually want Gwen brought back do they? It's a fucking stupid idea. It'd be like bringing back Bruce Wayne's parents.

I know she's been brought back as clones and shit a bunch of times but REALLY bringing her back permanently is beyond fucking stupid. It's one of the fucking cornerstones of Spider-Man inb4 real Uncle Ben is brought back as well

We don't fucking want MJ with powers either. We just want Peter to be able to fucking grow as a person into an adult. To have his 148 year old Aunt die naturally and have him have to actually deal with loss like a person. To have him grow up by being married to MJ and having kids (she doesn't need fucking powers) Tha's what people want you fucking retards.
>>
>>86927702
I love those threads. I literally came here looking for one
>>
>>86929777
It is inevitable. It will happen and there is nothing you can do about it.
Also: it is going to sell a lot!
>>
>>86942844
Like this one? Full of lies?
>>
Who gives a shit about Laura Kinney Wolverine and O5 Angel ship? Because I don't, and I want that relationship to end
>>
File: supes.jpg (380KB, 1019x825px) Image search: [Google]
supes.jpg
380KB, 1019x825px
>>86929249
NRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHH
>>
>>86944376
If you want it to end, then by corollary, you must give a shit
>>
>>86936454
>No one's buddy
Who is Humphries
>>
>>86934879
The last one? Spider-Man/Deadpool, but it's nowhere near the best they've done.
>>
If OP's still there, anything about regarding the Iceman debacle? I know Aaron is a Bobby/Kitty shipper so if he's taking over the X-books would he be able to fix the situation? Also, what about the past X-Men being annoying.
>>
>>86941890
I want Gwen brought back. She's Peter's best fit.
>>
>>86934364
Go away Conway.
>>
How about putting 616 MJ with Flash or Eddie Brock?
>>
>>86927702
I hope you're legitimate man.
>>
>>86946230
Then you're an idiot.
>>
>>86927702
>joss "cuck" wheadon
We dont need the guy who fucked up avengers and made that shit series firefly asociated with anyhtting marvel again
>>
>>86941289
No, no, no, wherever did you get that idea?
She simply threatened to never again be fully naked in his presence.
In a world of white lingerie it sounds much worse than it is.
>>
>>86932256
My only issue with Wilson cap at first was that I thought it was sort of denying Sam his big chance to have Falcon finally break out as an A or B lister with the movies bringing awareness of the character to the public.

I had no idea things would get this crazy.
>>
>>86932256
>He
No Spencer really cannot.
>>
>>86946291
>How about putting 616 MJ with Eddie Brock.

Everytime
https://m.fanfiction.net/s/4911410/1/
>>
>>86927702
I hope this is all true. If it isn't, I still have a bunch of other books I can read while Marvel continues to flop.
>>
>>86946291

On a side note, have they ever actually SHOWN what happened between MJ and Venom in between ASM #299 and #300?

I remember in the 1990s, there being fan debate towards whether or not Eddie raped MJ when he ambushed her at the end of #299 and the notion that MJ's "I'm afraid of the black Spidey suit" being a result of said rape.
>>
>>86946201
OP here.

As I stated here (>>86929055) and here (>>86929144), Adult Bobby's homosexuality can't be overturned/downgraded to bisexuality due to Bendis being Bendis. So Marvel's just putting Adult Bobby in a transparent closet where they will dance around the issue of his sexuality without mentioning it and have him live a life as a celibate until they can undo what Bendis did.

And Kitty/Bobby won't happen ever again. Kitty now has been branded with the Brian Bendis tramp stamp, so any writer who wants to use her has to kiss Bendis' ring and he'll never allow Aaron to reunite the pair.

And given how Bendis intends gay Bobby to be one of his permanent legacies, you might actually see a Havok/Polaris wedding just to crash THAT 'ship and cement Bobby with no female love interest.
>>
>>86929055
And she could do it, too.
>>
If I got a chance I'd make Bobby transgender, and use space magic to turn him fully and completely into a 'her' - Roberta 'Bobbi' Drake, Ice Woman.

Just to fuck with Bendis.
>>
>>86948524
I hope someone undoes it. Bendis is a crackpot. Sexuality isn't fixed. It's not even genetic.
>>
Bringing back Gwen for good would actually be really exciting.
>>
>>86948653
That might actually be fun. Does Marvel have any female ice-powered characters?
>>
>>86947243
Wilson working his satus up as Falcon would have been so much better than swiping the Cap name as a shortcut. Plus, he doesn't even act like himself anymore. Much like Carol.
>>
>>86929863
If referring to Hickman, I agree.
If referring to ANADA Cap pre-HYDRAfication, I disagree. Both Duggan and Spencer wrote some great Old Man Steve in the inter-rim.
>>
>>86948748
Yes, Bobby's newest best-gal-pal (Idie) has the mutie power to make hot things cold and cold things hot.
>>
>>86929817
Given how terrible Battle of the Atom was, that's not exactly a bad thing.

Who the fuck thought Evil Future Molly Hayes was a good idea?!
>>
>>86940074
OP again....

Blade is mostly in limbo while they sort out if they want Snipes back or not.

Certain people at Marvel (COUGH COUGH BENDIS COUGH COUGH) are dead set on making any Blade revival feature a daughter character and in particular, certain people (COUGH COUGH BENDIS COUGH COUGH) would sooner be rid of Blade himself and just use said hypothetical daughter for any future comics and movie project.

Snipes however, was made aware of this by friendly folk at Marvel, so he's playing hard ball given that one of the main reasons he walked from the franchise in the first place, was due to the studio making the Blade movies tried to morph Blade into "Blade and the Nightstalkers" with the third film. And Marvel knows the PR nightmare if they shun Snipes; they fear the PR backlash if they don't bring Snipes back in favor of a female character (a rare case of them knowing their current SOP is self-harming and admitting it to themselves).

Also a bit of a fun fact: Riri Williams? Bendis' "Daughter of Blade: Vampire Killer" pitch, rewritten in Iron Man drag. He got tired of waiting and waiting so he re-purposed his proposed female Blade original character don't steal as a new Iron Man.

As for Monsters Unleashed, it's going to be a non-event event. Basically a filler mini-series largely pitched as a vanity project for various A and B List artists to draw Marvel heroes fighting monsters in a throwaway setting.

I will say Hydra will be involved in the story but it will be in a minor way that won't make it required reading for Hydra War.
>>
>>86948653
That would just make it worse. For the modern SJW, homosexuality is the gateway to transgenderism and then blowing one's head off with a shotgun because you realize that ruined your life by cutting off your dick and can't undo it because dicks can't be reattached and major body level hormonal changes can cause damage to the flesh.
>>
>>86948990
I thought Tim Seeley pitched the 'daughter of Blade' character and book. He was the guy lined up to write it.
>>
>>86948990
Makes sense. Bendis has two adopted black daughters and is really preachy about representing black women. Also, any info on the Bobby stuff? What do the other writers think of that?
>>
I'm kind of curious what OP has to say about Dennis Hopeless. Because, despite the level of shit he's done, his X-book is selling.

And Spider-Woman . . . Isn't that bad. It aint good, but it isn't bad either.

Still, I want him screwed over. Because fuck him for Arena.

Is there any chance of that, Anon? Tell me a story.
>>
Not OP, but I know some writers who told me Gwen's return is floated around all the time.
>>
File: Future-Brotherhood-29O009.jpg (164KB, 545x672px) Image search: [Google]
Future-Brotherhood-29O009.jpg
164KB, 545x672px
>>86948942
Future Molly wasn't evil, she was being mind controlled by Evil Xavier Jr.
Everyone in that Brotherhood (except Mystique's son) was as well.
>>
>>86949275
Future Molly being buff proves most comic people have zero reading comprehension. Molly was telekenetic, she didn't have super strength she just thought she did because she didn't understand her powers.
>>
>>86948714
>this is what Marvel readers actually want
Jesus Christ.
>>
>>86948990
Seriously....can no one stop Bendis?
>>
>>86949127
Seeley pitched it but Bendis also did his own pitch independently, when he heard about Seeley's. He wanted to steal the book from Seeley, per the "any new ideas must be offered to Bendis first" rule Marvel has
>>
>>86927943
>to bring Logan and Jean Grey back
>back
I'm so glad I dropped X-men as soon Bendis picked it up lol
>>
So, what about the Bobby issue and the Spider-Woman issue?
>>
>>86948714
Agreed. She's the only real option as a love interest with the other ones either embargoed, evil, or dating someone else.
>>
Is there some sort of master list of every character Bendis ruined? Someone should nail that shit to Marvel HQ's door or something.
>>
>>86949587
The bobby thing can get rectonned as bisexual. Alot of folks did not like the reveal and the fact fucking nothing was done with it.
Whats wrong with Spider Woman? The baby thing? Its gonna get killed duh
>>
>>86929874
Holy fuck, what an asshole.
>>
>>86928580
>Also, the guy had been plotting to kill the main Peter Parker for a couple of years: it's why Miles survived the purge of the Ultimate Universe

I believe that. Bendis will do anything to insure Miles Legacy.
>>
>>86949709
Another funny story was the hissy fit he threw when he was vetoed from killing off Scott Lang in Alias (even though Geoff Johns was using him in Avengers and had him front and center of the title) and defied Brevoort via writing the death in the issue and having the artist deliver the art to Marvel with Scott eaten alive via his own ants via Purple Man making him kill himself.

Brevoort got so pissed, he basically forced Bendis and the artist on Alias to rewrite the next issue so that Scott was alive and the death scene handwaved as Purple Man using previously unseen powers to project illusions on Jessica.

And Bendis, when asked to write Avengers, only doing so IF he could kill Scott Lang off (and getting pissy at Finch for refusing to draw Scott's corpse, tiny and charred, to prevent anyone from ever resurrecting him) and his pissing match with Heinberg, who flat out QUIT MARVEL when Bendis refused to let him bring Scott back (killing Young Avengers in the process) and then Bendis AGAIN trying to kill Scott (via proxy in the form of his BFF Matt Fraction) after Disney forced Marvel (who refused to bring Scott back to keep Bendis happy) to bring Scott back, so they could get Heinberg to do more TV work for the company.

Oh and Bendis only bringing OG Vision back SPECIFICALLY to fuck over Heinberg, to force him to kill off YA Vision, which in turn caused Heinberg to refuse to do the Avengers vs X-Men tie-in plot point that Children's Crusade was supposed to have (which was that Wanda went insane evil because Doom made her into the new Dark Phoenix, via bonding her to the Phoenix Force, as Heinberg changed the ending to make it a generic unnamed HP Lovecraft monster instead called the Life Force Entity)
>>
>>86949275
That was Bendis' retcon, Anon.
>>
>>86949870
Every time I learn something new about him I hate the guy more.
>>
>>86949870
Why the fuck does Bendis have a killing fetish?
Like damn nigga calm the fuck down with the killing.
I get he wants to be the next Stan Lee in remembrance of popular comic writers but you dont do this by killing and replacing folks with shitty OCs.
>>
>>86949870
And yet people keep acting like he's the nicest guy in the world.

I expect once he's retired or off Marvel books these stories will start coming out more and more.
>>
>>86928994
They made Wolverine the calm and collect leader while making Cyclops the rebel mutant loved by the mutant masses for being action oriented.

I will never understand this creative decision.
>>
>>86949987
Remender certainly had a killing fetish. Hope Bendis follows him to do shitty creator owned crap.
>>
>>86950037
I don't recall who Remender killed.
>>
>>86949870
Is there anyone who Bendis hasn't pissed off by killing characters they were using or would want to use? Did anyone get angry at him for Hawkeye?
>>
So OP, what do the other writers think about what Bendis did to Iceman, Iron Man, and Luke Cage.
>>
>>86949987
He has the list of characters he hates and he'll shit ob them at any chance.
>>
So are they really putting Jean and Logan together? Gross.
>>
So when do we expect announcements for this stuff?
>>
>>86950061
what did he do to luke cage, are you referring to to the new jessica jones issue?
>>
>>86928288
>hail mary pass to redeem himself in the eyes of fans.

This is entirely fiction and this line proves it.

Slott loves nothing more than pushing fans' buttons. He would never pander to peoples' expectations like this, nor would Marvel editorial ever let 616 Pete get married again since editorial was trying to figure out how to annul the marriage since pretty much day 1. Clone Saga was originally pitched as a way to remove a married Peter organically.
>>
>>86949987
Bendis is the type of guy who would sooner break a toy than let anyone else play with it. Even if he didn't want to play with it to begin with.

He's also a failed noir writer who literally wishes he was a TV or movie writer. Part of a generation of writers (like Ellis, Millar, Brubaker, Fraction, Gillen, among others) who couldn't get a job in "legit" media or publishing (or in the case of Gillen, forced to do video game journalism, AKA the interacial gang bang porn genre of journalism) and had to resort to writing comics.

Bendis is an Ayn Rand villain come to life. He doesn't believe one iota in heroism, hence why all of his stories have heroes as monsters and fuck-ups and murderers and fail at everything they do. And who idolizes villains like Norman Osborn and Maria Hill and Doctor Doom.

His Ultimate Spider-Man was filled with this: from his second arc, where Spidey brings down Kingpin and rather than be praised, EVERYONE in the police force and the Daily Bugle call Spidey a complete monster, since in spite of portraying Wilson Fisk as a complete monster of a mob boss who among other things, bought controlling interest in the Daily Bugle SPECIFICALLY so he could silence J Jonah Jameson and threaten him with death on a regular basis if he ran anything about his criminal activities, Fisk was GOOD INFLUENCE on New York and getting (temporarily) dethroned as king of crime was going to make New York WORSE.

Not to mention the sick joke that was Peter Parker's death: killed by fucking up something simple, with the lesson being that Peter's only reward for being Spider-Man is that he got to die before Nick Fury could make good on his threat to enslave Peter and harm his loved ones if he refused to be Nick's slave when he turned 18.
>>
>>86950061
What'd he do to Iron Man? I haven't been reading his Iron Man books.
>>
>>86950194
>Peter's only reward for being Spider-Man is that he got to die before Nick Fury could make good on his threat to enslave Peter and harm his loved ones if he refused to be Nick's slave when he turned 18.
Holy fuck, you serious? I knew that Ultimate Nick Fury was an asshole, but that's taking it to the next level.
>>
>>86950242
He'e exaggerating. Nick says that basically Peter needs to work for SHIELD when he is old enough or Nick will have him arrested and would look into his friends and family as well.
>>
>>86948990
Did Seeley sign the DC exclusive because Blade got delayed and then he gave up on it?
>>
>>86950194
And you have gained all these intimate insights into his soul ... how exactly?

Aren't you just projecting your own contempt onto the focus of your irrational hatred?

This is basic pop-psy' 101 here.
>>
>>86950057
Fabian was pissed off but Brevoort (who apparently stuck his neck out to get Hawkeye his own ongoing when Thunderbolts got cancelled/turned into Fight Club-Bolts) didn't give a shit* and even embargoed anyone from using Clint for about a full year and a half after House of M, when the anti-Bendis fan revolt forced him to make Bendis bring him back.

(Bendis has admitted that Brevoort COULD have stopped him from killing Hawkeye, but agreed to let Bendis kill him off, because the failure of Clint ongoing apparently caused some internal politicking against Brevoort for pushing for the title as far as Brevoort pushing projects that failed sales-wise; supposedly this is why Brevoort gave the fuck up and didn't do anything to reign Bendis in on Avengers, as he let Bendis effectively castrate him for the sake of having a top selling book to keep rival editors from getting Jemas and Quesada to remove him from his cushy spot on the Marvel pecking order)
>>
>>86950279
how is that different from what was previously stated?
>>
>>86950299
Wouldnt be surprised
>>
>>86950279
That was the backpeddle when people called Bendis out on the implications of Nick basically telling Peter that he was going to be a slave of the US government once he became a legal adult.

Nick made it clear that once Peter turned 18 he'd be "drafted" and become a literal slave to Nick Fury, doing whatever bloody wetworks Nick ordered him to do, simply because he had powers.

Bendis backpeddled by having Nick claim that he meant that Peter would join the Ultimates and work for him as an operative, but stories that followed showed that Nick was bullshitting Peter to keep him from running when he told him that and was even working on plans to kill Spidey in the event he DID run on his 18th birthday
>>
>>86950432
Hey, so, what drove Remender off the X-books?
>>
>>86950197
The whole adoption and Riri mess. And bringing in Mar Jane.
>>
>>86950432
Hearing all of this just makes me miss old Nick Fury more. He'd beat the hell out of his Ultimate counterpart in a fist fight.
>>
>>86950061
I just really want to know what the writers think about the Bibby thing. Please tell us OP.
>>
>>86950483
*Bobby
>>
>>86950461
I'm amazed at how much free reign they've been giving this man. Who's dick does he suck at Marvel? Whom?
>>
>>86950474
Same here. :(
>>
>>86929678
Bi dude here, can confirm. There's also this insecurity common with gay guys and straight girls that their bi boyfriend will cheat on them with the other gender. It's hurt my dating life more than once
>>
>>86927702
Meh
>>
>>86950373
Enslaved is a loaded word and I don't think he threatened to harm his family, just put eyes on them.

>>86950432
Unlike other people in this thread, I read the comics and know what happen.
>>
>>86927702
They'd literally solve all their problems if they just started a new universe that's exactly like 616 except Civil War and everything afterwards is non-canon.

Everything started going to shit when Pete unmasked himself; that was the catalyst for losing MJ, resetting everything, assassinating characters for the sake of big "everyone vs everyone" events, and basically everything else wrong with current Marvel.

Just let the casuals and Tumblr artists consume 616 while all the real comics make up their own universe, where Spider-Man is a worthwhile series and the X-Men/F4 still exist.
>>
File: Untitled.png (2MB, 971x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2MB, 971x1500px
>>86950432
You're really projecting. Here's the page you're talking about. All Nick says is that he'll "belong" to him. He says nothing of wet works, threatening family, anything.
>>
>>86927943
>Deadpool vs Punisher
Would read.
>>
>>86928710
If he writes comics like he writes screenplays then I think I'll pass.
>>
>>86929249
But anon, you don't understand.
The Nu-Marvel Comics fanbase doesn't actually BUY stories, they just follow the big events so they can bullshit their way through a conversation with their trendy friends after getting out of the latest MCU romp.

If you make the stories complicated, then you lose this new market of attention-seeking idiots who will buy utter garbage like Squirrel Girl in order to look progressive and on top of things in the Marvel world.

If you get rid of this market of sheep who will eat up anything with a 1 on the cover, you'll have to actually write good stories. And we all know Marvel is allowed maybe two good books at a time.
>>
>>86950705
>He says nothing of wet works

He doesn't have to say it, he's Ultimate Nick Fury, that's literally the only kind of work he's involved in. The Ultimates do warzones and assassinations.
>>
>>86950705
Did anything good come out of Ultimate Marvel? Seriously, anything at all? I have no idea.
>>
File: alright guys.png (175KB, 358x331px) Image search: [Google]
alright guys.png
175KB, 358x331px
>All of Marvel's flagship titles are pandering garbage
>The only good books are niche ones that don't affect anything in terms of global continuity, like Cage! and Spider-Man/Deadpool
>>
>>86948524
Okay, how does he have any fucking pull on a book he doesn't work on? This is retarded. I want to say I don't believe this but seeing all those bobby is turbo gay now, the issue. This is disgusting on multiple levels As an actual gay person.
>>
>>86950299
He's having the time of his time mocking everything about Nightwing.
>>
>>86950802
That's how a lot of DC has felt to me too. It's always about the crossover events.

One of the worst parts is that people even recommend newcomers start by reading insanely complicated crossovers. "I'm new to DC, where should I start?" "Read Flashpoint and Rebirth, then the Crisis saga."
>>
>>86950532
Use the line that you're "pan-sexual" and tell them "you love the person for their soul, apart from gender", it's better branding.
>>
>>86950802
But SG is on cancellation numbers.
>>
>>86951037
DC does crossovers every now and then, it's never a big sham like Marvel has been. Heck from N52 the only time you could even call a line wide crossover was the anniversary months and that itself is a long stretch.

Marvel is doing everything wrong and soon everything is going to collapse under the weight of all this shit.
>>
>>86951062
Thank fucking god. What took it so long?
>>
>>86927702

i love this narrative of Marvel backpedaling on HYDRA Cap, it's fucking hilarious and bullshit
>>
>>86951058
Why the fuck do people care? If someone's going to cheat who matters if it's with a guy or a girl. Like that some how makes it better? You'd think you'd feel better if he cheated on you with someone who didn't have anything remotely similar to you than someone who was just better looking.
>>
File: vinjacket.jpg (194KB, 900x470px) Image search: [Google]
vinjacket.jpg
194KB, 900x470px
>>86927702
>Already, there are talks about retconning X-Men '92 into being part of the Renew Your Vows universe and potentially launching an Avengers '92 style book as well. The notion is to do what Archie did with "Life With Archie": Gwen/Peter Shippers would get the main Marvel Universe while the MJ/Peter shippers get the Ultimate Marvel 2.0 Universe.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

man tho I guess I should dig a return to Jacketvengers
>>
>>86951085
It's been on cancellation numbers forever. Even with the rebranding. They just haven't gotten rid of it.
>>
>>86927702
>>86927943
>>86928086
>>86928288
Why do you persist on pretending to be an insider, Jesse Baker?
>>
>>86951095
Feelings aren't called "rationals" dude, sometimes they do not make logical sense.
>>
>>86951112
I don't think I'll ever understand Marvel's business strategies.
>>
>>86951081
They did quite a few line wide crossover since New 52. Zero Year, Forever Evil, Future's End, Convergence, Villain's Month.
>>
>>86951062
>>86951085
hasn't it been on cancellation numbers for awhile though?
>>
>>86951095
Well they care more because the idea is that they can at least compete for their partner's affections as long as there's nothing that the other person provides that you can't.
Somehow the lesson that cheaters never stop being cheaters and you're better off without them doesn't sink in.
>>
>>86951147
Those aren't what you call line width.
>>
>>86927702
Wait, didn't all the heroes die in Renew Your Vows?
>>
>I know Robinson hated King's Vision, but softened slightly when King went to him, bent his knee, and asked permission to use Wanda in the book's second half and agreed to give Robinson final approval over his usage of her. Which made Bendis laugh and led to yelling between King and Bendis over Bendis being a jerk and ruining characters for the lulz. Which in turn was one of the reasons why King bailed for DC (since he like the idea that Bendis could crap on his Vision run at any time he felt like it).

it's wild how marvel functions just like /co/'s ideal version of it would!
>>
>>86950050
A ton of characters. Many are back by now, but here are a few off the top of my head.

Eric O'Grady
Angel (sort of)
Toxin
Different members of Flash Thompson's family
Death Adder
Max Fury
John Steele
Mar-Vell (after bringing him back)
Avalanche
Daken
Jamie Braddock
Hank Pym
>>
>>86951220
They did but Conway said only some things from Slott's RYV happened. And he also implied that the heroes didn't die since he was thinking of putting the Fantastic Four in.
>>
>>86951062
It's been doing cancellation numbers for like a year. They're holding onto it because it supposedly does well in trades, but I think the real reason is probably that they're not paying the team making it very much.
>>
>>86951224
There is of course no proof that the OP has any special knowledge at all.

Honestly, though, I'd believe it. There's a huge sense these days that Marvel is being run by gibbons. Nothing seems to be getting done well, or even done on time. It all feels very slapdick and amateurish, which would jive with what the OP is saying.
>>
>>86951294
OP is Jesse Baker who's been posting on other boards and writing for the occasional site. If you'd like to read more of his work please check out his reviews from a decade ago at http://insidepulse.com/insider/jesse-baker/
>>
Literally the one thing Marvel has to do to win me back is to give me that Death's Head ongoing they teased a while back. I still want to believe, dammit!
>>
>>86951249
Does Max Fury even count? He was a LMD.
>>
File: BakerQuestion.jpg (386KB, 1689x813px) Image search: [Google]
BakerQuestion.jpg
386KB, 1689x813px
>>86951337
>>86951294
>>86951224
>>86951202
>>
>>86951502

i dunno if my favorite part is the Renee hate ignoring that actual truth of 52, the idea people cared about nu52 JLI, or that JLA/JLA had a rivalry??

the gotham central thing is funny too bc multiple creators on the record as it ended bc the creative team was gonna change and they didn't wanna do it without the original group.
>>
>>86950878
Uncanny avengers is good
>>
>>86951337
>>86951502
This doesn't seem like the same guy writing here. Not by a long shot.
>>
File: bakerouthousers.jpg (201KB, 726x491px) Image search: [Google]
bakerouthousers.jpg
201KB, 726x491px
>>86951617
Oh it is. See http://insidepulse.com/2004/11/15/29114/
>>
>>86951294
>There is of course no proof that the OP has any special knowledge at all.

The thing that is the kicker for me is the Bendis vs. Heinberg stuff. Disney's interest in Heinberg isn't that well-known on message boards. Comic books don't have much crossover with shows like Grey's Anatomy, Scandal, Sex and the City, etc.

Disney does their damnedest to keep him working on shows for ABC. Him returning to do Children's Crusade after being gone for so long from Marvel had to be a carrot on a stick from Disney.
>>
>>86951617
>>86951659
And check out posts like >>86949870
>>
>>86951659
How?
>>
>>86951689

yeah and that shit has been known for fucking years at this point (that the two butted heads). also Cheung was part of the reason for delay.

Same with the Lang getting killed in Alias.

>>86951659

>scott denying he killed xavier

does dude not even read the comics?
>>
>>86951724
Phoenix force did it
>>
>>86951721
How?
>>
Here's a wacky idea: TRY PUBLISHING SOMETHING NEW, YOU FUCKHEADED SHITSTAINS.
>>
>>86927702
A fun read but I get the impression Marvel doesn't give a shit about anything these days.
>>
>>86951739
Technically that implicates Jean.

He's actually been arguing diminished capacity from the godhood-induced crazy.
>>
>>86951249
>Mar-Vell (after bringing him back)
Editorial.
>Daken
Revived him himself
>>
>>86951898
He was alright at first, it was only after they got rid of the other 3 that Scott went over the edge and absorbed Emma's power as well.

Fucking Avengers, Scott was eradicating poverty and horrible weather conditions and this is how they repaired him for a mess they started in the first place. I'm so glad all that Wakandians died.
>>
>>86927943
Wolverine sucks so I hope they fuck him up as bad as they did Spiderman. Make the whole Marlel brand poison.

And as good as the Rom/Micronoauts books are, a Hasbro strong enough to tell Marvel to fuck off is a good thing. It means they're not afraid of Disney buying them out.
>>
>>86928218
Jean Gray is reprehensible. Emma Frost is much better for Scott.

Scott needs to tell Jean to fuck off once and for all.
>>
>>86952300
Emma is fucking shit. Generic le snarky bitchy princess stereotype. Yawn.
>>
>>86952336
That's not a stereotype, that's an archetype you retard.
>>
>>86952348

also Emma's not like princess? She's femme fatale
>>
>>86952357
Apparently all white rich girls are princesses.
>>
>>86952173
Those three after Namor lost it were cracking up hard, but that doesn't mean that Phoenixclops wasn't losing it too, that one just knows how to repress feels better.

And if anything was the trigger it was Professor Brainrape telling him it's time for another mental adjustment, PhoenixFrost was losing it hard before the fight began but she kept it together and didn't kill anyone, Phoenixclops was keeping it together beforehand and ended up killing Chucky, then going Dark'.
What was the difference? One was getting an unwelcomed telepathic lobotomy at the same time as they were keeping all that Phoenix crazy at bay.
>>
>>86928580
>Also, the guy had been plotting to kill the main Peter Parker for a couple of years: it's why Miles survived the purge of the Ultimate Universe.

everybody knows this is true. This isn't even a leak. It's patently obvious
>>
>>86928713
You mean posting? Like Bendis?
>>
File: HappyPlace-10012.jpg (284KB, 640x971px) Image search: [Google]
HappyPlace-10012.jpg
284KB, 640x971px
>>86952406
Oh...
Now I just have to post a pic of Emma crawling through a sewer...
>>
>>86952300
Emma is crap when she tries to be a good guy. Much much better as a villain. Jean on the other hand is fantastic, except for the current AU version we seem to be stuck with.
>>
>>86952605

It's weird how a lot of character's best pairing is with their first love interest. Worked for almost eveyone.

Hell Betty is almost as good as MJ. If they kept the older woman shtick it might be
>>
>>86929249
>How about focusing on just making interesting stories with their characters

when is the last time Marvel could do that? Their entire workflow and corporate structure is based on NOT doing that. It is literally impossible for them.
>>
>>86929327
...and?
>>
>>86949856
I hate how integral Miles is right now. He's incredibly uninteresting, yet starring in like 3 books right now.
>>
>>86952674
>tfw I'm not reading a single book with Spideyshit cameos

Granted I'm only reading UXM, but ayyyyy
>>
>>86952357
>femme fatale

Femme fatales should be reserved for characters like Black Widow, Mockingbird, Domino, or Spider-Woman. Emma is just a bored rich whore with magical mind powers.
>>
>>86950878
What a time when Deadpool's still consistently good for three years straight.
>>
>>86927702
But didn't Slott say numerous times on Twitter that he would never ever ever bring Gwen back?
>>
Anything about Hawkeye getting his mask back or possibly getting with Mockingbird again?
>>
What is that House divided teaser we keep seeing at retailer events for and what is Marvel planning to do with the X-Men other than the Jean/Logan thing?
>>
>>86951659
Dude. I just went through his Twitter. They don't seem remotely the same. This guy is very much a dope. Hates Slott, but enjoyed Bendis' X-Men. Also substitutes letters like "u" for "you" and writes a shitton of swear words. Highly doubt it's the OP unless he radically changed in half a year.
>>
>>86953653
It's you, isn't it.
>>
>>86950461
To be fair, the whole adoption thing wasn't Bendis. It was Gillen.
>>
The 2 big comic book companies are like the crowds at major sporting events...just there for atmosphere, and to support the real commercial venture, which is broadcasting.
>>
>>86953862
No.
>>
>>86954058
>>86953653
Give it a rest OP, we'll forget it all by tomorrow morning.
>>
>>86949870
how did bendis try to kill scott thru Fraction? Wasnt Matt the guy who made Scott competent and awesome in FF before Spencer turner him into a generic lovable loser type.
>>
>>86949870
Jesus. Is Bendis a sociopath or just a man-child?
>>
These threads are much better than current Marvel books. You laugh, you cry... like a good fiction.
>>
>>86954396
A big manchild.
>>
File: BLACKED.png (2MB, 1594x1242px) Image search: [Google]
BLACKED.png
2MB, 1594x1242px
>>86949870

Remember this?

Jessica having sex with Scott Lang in ALIAS and feeling nothing, but then being butt-fucked by Luke and feeling that sweet, sweet pain and humiliation she so desperately craved.
>>
So the old phrase of "You should never meet your heroes" ought to really be "You should never meet the wrtiers of your comic book heroes". I knew Bendis was a shitlord but didn't know the petty exents he would go for full authoritative control. Most of what OP describes is like a never ending bitch fit to the tune of "I know how Character X is supposed to be better than you!".

DC Rebirth is looking better by the minute. Although to be fair I bet they have just as much in-fighting about how a hero should act or be represented.

I'm just glad Bendis won't have anything to do with Bullseye next year.
>>
>>86954811
Bendis isn't a jew: he's a super jew. Jesus Christ. And this is the fucker who's going to be EiC some day.
>>
>>86955612
The guy who comes in next needs to treat Bendis's ocs like he treats everyone's elses. That'd be funny.
>>
>>86955833
>Miles gets axed the second Bendis leaves
I'd pay to see that shit.
>>
>>86950194
I mean Fury later apologized to Peter and said that what he meant was that he was going to offer the kid a job as soon as it was legal and it came out wrong because everything was terrible at the time. It was a pretty good scene.
>>
>>86952744

>mockingbird
>femme fatale

my sides.
>>
>>86954811
I mean Jessica's a piece of work.

Knowing the politics behind this kind of damages the scene though.
>>
>>86937727
So, kinda like Nu52? What could possibly go wrong?
>>
>>86941890
>having Aunt May die for good
Nah.
>>
>>86929817
Give an example of an interview
>>
>>86955953
Or have his name officially changed to Kid Arachnid.
>>
>>86950194
>doubting Gillen's love for video games
>downtalking games journalism
>ignoring the fact that all of the writers you listed are now more revered than most people in tv and movies
Prick
>>
>>86956811
Aren't they calling him that in the cartoon now?
>>
>>86956816
>defending game journalisim

Go back to gahzi
>>
>>86956816
Games journalism is garbage.

>>86956811
>not Arachkid
>>
>>86931211
DC is ahead in market share for the first time in decades (I think...)
>>
>>86953547
Duh. Do you really think this shit is real?
>>
>>86957275
I don't think DC has ever been ahead of Marvel since Marvel first hit the scene. I could be wrong though, but that's what I remember reading.
>>
>>86927702
>>86927943
It's all true. Marvel is on the verge of bankruptcy due to the failure of the Wii U and Sony will buy them any day now.
>>
>>86957335
They were until the middle 70s.
>>
>>86957275
>>86957335
DC has been ahead of marvel before, like the September gimmick months and first 3 or so months of new 52

Wish I could find it again but somebody had sales figures since the mid 90s and had the number of months marvel was first and the number DC was first, and marvel was first at a waaaaaaay higher number than DC. Like 5-6+ times higher and DC being higher meant they did something special or marvel fucked something up.
>>
>>86927702
These fanfics are almost as bad as the DC ones posted a few weeks ago. And those are only worse due to the blatant misinformation and not paying attention.
>>
>>86957467
The worse part is how plausible they are, considering how much stupid and fail marvel has been up to.
>>
>>86951659
what a cuck faggot
>>
>>86957335
It's because Marvel and DC have very different publishing strategies. Marvel publishes way more books at a time than DC does, which inflates their sales.
>>
>>86957381
>Marvel is on the verge of bankruptcy

marvel was literally on the verge of bankruptcy multiple times.
>>
>>86928218
Isn't Cyclops dead? XvI kills him, we just don't know how yet
>>
>>86958407
If I had to guess, they'll show it in Death of X. They already killed Jamie Madrox in the first issue.
>>
>>86949354
cite your source
>>
>>86957107
Kid Arachnid is what they call him in Ultimate Spider-Man.
>>
>>86927702
Hey OP, who's the new Venom? Just curious.
>>
>>86958236
at most all that would happen now is disney gives them more money to pay debts and then takes a more direct hand in the comics wing
>>
>>86960355
Maybe whatsherface? I'd hope Brock.
>>
>>86927702
>Marvel's panicking with the failure of Marvel Now 2.0
Good.

>reunite Gwen/Peter as a couple in the main Marvel Universe
No, this is the wrong type of nostalgia pandering. Nobody cares about Gwen/Peter, Gwen's been dead for far, far longer than she was alive and Peter/MJ is the widely-accepted cross-platform OTP. You might as well put Peter back in high school somehow.

>Classic-style Ultimate universe
I'm down for it, hopefully a) it's done well, b) the fans buy it, c) its success means some more old-school elements trickle back into 616

> culling the Avengers line and bringing someone outside of Marvel to do what Grant Morrison did with the X-Men books
Yes, but
>with a "traditional" line-up of the current legacy characters

Is not that. All the legacies + a handful of classic Avengers is literally Waid's run right now. This isn't going in any sort of new direction. Do a Bendis-style shakeup of introducing brand-new members (although that's incredibly hard since basically everyone's been an Avenger at this point) or go the Busiek route of embracing continuity with a traditional (and not "traditional") lineup while writing new stuff.

> bring Logan and Jean Grey back
Not yet, the X-books are in a sorry state and I don't see a quality, visionary writer on the horizon. If you want to do this, I'd prefer a general Heroes Return/Brightest Day type thing, bringing back all the old fan-favorites who needlessly died in recent years.

>Jean/Logan
Literally the most boring idea possible. It's worse than Clark/Diana because at least those two had never been really been in a quasi-romantic situation before. Jean and Logan spent twenty fucking years doing the temptation/forbidden love aspect, and, like Gwen/Peter, would just be character regression.

Honestly, as much as I prefer Scott/Emma, I think you could write a very strong story about Scott and Jean finding redemption through each other.

>New FF
Give us the Richards family in any form pls thx
>>
>>86960355
OP isn't an actual insider, the thread already established this.
>>
>>86954058
Nice try, Jesse.
>>
>>86962113
You DO know there is no such thing as "Jesse Baker" right?

"Jesse Baker" is a sock puppet account along the lines of "Gossip Girl, created by one of the producers of Beast Machines to troll Warren Ellis back on his old Delphi Forum.....

There are multiple people across multiple fandoms (comics, cartoons, television, wrestling) that have used the idenity. Passing around the name and social media profile log in information like the Gossip Girl laptop. Using the name to shitpost and troll and say things they couldn't normally say to others faces or even online.

To say you are " Jesse Baker" is akin to saying you are Dread Pirate Roberts
>>
>>86962771
>It's a "Jesse Baker is found out so he does the sock puppet excuse and blames it on people he used to know" episode

Fucking Pathetic. Are you also going to claim K-Box posted as you, too?
>>
>>86963034
Jesse being a sock puppet account has been a longstanding WEF/V theory.

So its not exactly old news....

KBox, Micah Wright, Jard Davis, and possibly Dan Evans are the only ones who might no for sure if there ever really existed a Jesse Baket
>>
>>86963235
Do you do this to convince others that you're real or to convince yourself that you're this super-trolling mastermind who's able to make people think you're a real Marvel Insider?
>>
>>86962051
>Nobody cares about Gwen/Peter,
I do.
>>
>>86963288
At this point who gives a shit?

My god, you guys talking about people 99% of us don't know derailing a perfectly good anti-marvel circle jerk. Some of us don't give a fuck about garbage interest gossip about f-list nerd internet celebrities
>>
File: 1466218113322-01.jpg (119KB, 335x654px) Image search: [Google]
1466218113322-01.jpg
119KB, 335x654px
>>86963431
Me too, that's just what MJfags would rather believe.
>>
>>86963431
>>86963566
Why? What aspect of Gwen do you actually like that wasn't added in during modern reinterpretations like Ultimate or the ASM movie? She's such a fucking nothing of a character, her existence was a cocksleeve for Peter, why do you think Conway killed her off?
>>
>>86963469
>"it's a Jesse Baker pretends to be someone else in order to deflect" episode
>>
>>86963657
She was a great match for him.
Thread posts: 512
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.