[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anything cool happen with Thor Odinson? Stopped reading Marvel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1

File: K3MToBW.jpg (755KB, 1920x2507px) Image search: [Google]
K3MToBW.jpg
755KB, 1920x2507px
Anything cool happen with Thor Odinson? Stopped reading Marvel after Odin couldn't lift Mjolnir.
>>
>>86853424
he has a robot arm i think, they're giving him Ultimate Thors hammer and letting Whor keep his
>>
You never read Marvel /tv/
>>
>>86853424
>>86853535
He also apparently cuts his hair off and wears a hankerchif around his head like an old slavic bambushka woman.
>>
Now has an uru arm and Loki is trump.
>>
>>86853551
Made the most comprehensive Fantomex and Cable respect threads you'll find

>>86853535
Shit, really? Cancer needs to hurry the fuck up. What about Hyperion? He was getting pretty tight with Thor last I saw.
>>
>>86853424
>I don't care about Thor Odinson if he isn't the strongest anymore.

You Sir, are a true fan.
>>
What are some essential Thor stories?
>>
>>86854522
The Simonson run.
>>
>>86853583
Asgard really could use a wall.
>>
>>86854425
Stopped fucking reading because they took away his solo series and had him appear for half a page once every 5th Avengers issue to remind people he's still weak as fuck and ashamed of something no one (not even Jason Aaron) knows about.

Not to mention all of this is after the fact he got chumped by a random metahuman in an Iron Man or Cap issue, got his ass handed to him by Angela and was pinned by 2 frost giants whilst getting his arm cut off.

God of Thunder was the shit but Aaron should kill himself.
>>
>>86854675
Riiiiiight. I'm sure THAT'S the reason you abandoned the character in disgust despite his inclusion in numerous stories since.

But hey, I get it. When I buy an Incredible Hulk comic I don't read any page that doesn't have a big green guy on it.
>>
>>86854879
Not that anon but quit projecting powerlevelfag.
>>
>>86854617
Isn't that the plot of that one story
You know the one, something about some mortal with a magic horse, something about Loki seducing the horse, you know what I'm talking about, right guys?
>>
>>86854425
So wait, are you saying it's GOOD to be a characterfag?
>>
>>86854949
Yeah. They got a giant or some shit to build a wall. He said he could do it in a ridiculous amount of time cuz he had a super good horse. Loki made a bet in behalf of the other God's that if he didn't finish in time he would be killed and that if he delivered they'd have to pay a shit ton or whatever. He's nearly done and they're all going to kill Loki if he doesn't find a way to get out of this. So he transformers in a mare to lead it away from the building. But then gets caught and fucked. Later he gives birth to an eight legged horse I think? But anyways the wall isn't built and The giant knows that they cheated but Thor kills him because the Norse God's are sore losers. Fuck if I know what the moral or point of the story was.
>>
>>86854879
Abandoned the character in disgust? Where did you read that? I stopped reading Marvel when Odin couldn't even lift Mjolnir which has always obeyed him over Thor. I did hear Whor had some fights with Odin too, further proving my point that Aaron doesn't know his shit.

I'll buy Marvel again when that bitch dies and drops the hammer and Aaron goes on to ruin some other character to please the tumblr feminists.
>>
>>86854949
>>86855089
They did that one in The Ancient Asgard Trilogy too. Some dwarf came with the offer and they bet one of the blonde godesses after Loki convinced them. The Dwarf was actually an Ice Giant and Thor killed him or some shit.
>>
>>86854911
Well it's either that or gyno-fear, he admits dropping the comic because his man-crush didn't have the biggest phallic symbol anymore.
That was his reason given.
He didn't care as to why, he didn't care about what was going to happen to him, he didn't give a damned about Thor Odinson if he wasn't the powerlevel prettyboy, or maybe he was just afraid of girls.
What's the other explanation?
That he's sat through years of crap stories taking it like a pro until just at the first instance of a new storyline being told he magically becomes aware that the next writer coming up is going to be SOOOOO BAAAAAD?
He admitted that he didn't even read what happened next, that's some weird way to judge a book: by not reading it.
So it sure as hell wasn't the writing that offended him. Now was it?

But it had to be something, after all ... here he is shitposting a comic on /co/.
>>
>>86855337
It can be hard to notice a slow decline if you're already invested into the story, but a huge change to the status quo like that can be an eye opener, even if it's no worse or even better than the preceding story.

Comics are notorious for that thanks to the slow once a month and the story arcs that constantly lead into the next one so you keep getting invested without realizing how much you're hating what you're reading since you only get fifteen minutes a month to feel that feeling.
>>
>>86855439
You're talking about the issues that were liked by the OP: the "before" stories.
>>
>>86855539
Yes? I don't understand your comment. OP was reading a story and didn't realize he didn't like it until a big game changer happened and opened his eyes so he finally realized it wasn't getting any better for a while yet. Kind of like a final straw.
>>
>>86855586
So your explanation is that Anon#1 there follows a shit comic, doesn't notice that it's a shit comic, currently praises that shit comic past as the glory days of the comic, learns one day that there's going to be a big change in the comic that takes things in a radically new direction and will involve a brand new writer,
AND THEN he drops that shit comic because the coming changes are "the final straw" of that past of shit comics by other writers (that he enjoyed) involving shit subject matter (that he enjoyed) that wasn't going to continue???
>>
>>86855318
>>86855089
Good shit. Good shit.
>>
>>86855812
OP/Anon#1 here. I dropped Marvel entirely because of the lead up to him losing the hammer and the loss of the hammer and his arm being incredibly disappointing and anti-climactic.

Like I said earlier; just before losing Mjolnir, in that abortion of an arc that is Original Sin, Angela annihilated Thor and then in a separate Iron Man or Captain America issue, a new metahuman-level unknown humiliates him in two pages. That coupled with losing his hammer due to a whisper instead of an actual unworthy act and his arm because he got jumped by 2 Ice Giants and Malekith... is that your idea of a great story? This just coming off God of Thunder, one of the most metal Thor arcs they've done since Spiral and Ragnarok. It being Jane was just icing on the cake, could have given it to Brunnhilde, Sif, Earth-14412 Frigg, but nope. I would have been fine with any Asgardian or even Carol at the time. But it had to go to a relatable ordinary Earth girl who has loads in common with previous wielders.

And that fucking name haha. They've referred to Thor as being a title only one time, near the end of the Mighty Thor in Everything Burns. And it was more of a legal defense than a sincere acknowledgement of it being a title. It's his fucking name. Ugh. Atrocious.

Coupled with their complete neglect and sabotage of the X-Franchise and denial of anything shady going on.

But sure, it's because I'm afraid of girls and need my hammer-dick.
>>
>>86853535
Which is fucking retarded, it means Reed brought him back with his arm still missing, and he's fucking worthy again, just take the damn hammer back.
>>
So there's a superhero who has a magic hammer.
And this magic hammer only works for someone who is worthy.
No full explanation of what makes someone worthy is ever given.
For years and years this superhero is one of the only folks who are ever worthy.

What's the obvious storyline to explore?
>>
>>86854425
I'd say so. Current Whor is shit.
>>
>>86859629
Too bad Aaron has instead spent the last year dicking around doing fuck all. Fucking Hickman treated Thor better.
>>
>>86859629
If they ever make a reboot I hope they drop the "worthy" shit and make Thor just being Thor.
>>
>>86856368
I understand completely, but you need to understand that the Marvel editorial offices are hot garbage, /co/ is inundated with trolls, and sometimes I feel like everything is shit forever now, and I blame the movies.
I guess DC is doing good work. Pretty psyched for the Young Animal stuff, and Deadman and the mansion of forbidden horror romance comics is amazing.
>>
>>86859877
This is a monkey's paw wish if I ever heard one.
>>
>>86860026
>Thor as portrayed by Gaiman in his Sandman comics
>>
>>86860016
>DC still does good work

You keep believing that. Enjoy your issues of Harley Quinn.
>>
>>86860026
Why? Does Superman always have to be worthy to keep the title Superman?
Does someone have to give him that power?
>>
>>86853424
While we're here, Ribic doesn't seem to be exclusive to Marvel. At least that's what I think because I haven't found anything about him signing an exclusive deal.

Why not?

I would love to see his work on Batman.
>>
>>86860060
I'm not reading Harley Quinn? The only questionable things on my pull right now are Nightwing and Titans. Not Teen Titans, RIP, but full size titans. Really sad about the Teen Titans, looks the curse is real.
>>
>>86860128
> Does Superman have to be super in order to "be" Superman?

YES!!!!! YESYESYES! Yes! YYYEEEESSSSS! ! ! yes. Y. E. S. !. ...Yes.

How the fuck can you be posting on /co/ and not know this??????
>>
>>86855089
Obviously the moral of the story is its only okay to fuck horses if your life really depends on it.
Or more likely don't put all your eggs in one basket.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.