[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Garth Ennis >Mark Millar >Brian Michael Bendis Which

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: download (1).jpg (7KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
7KB, 183x275px
>Garth Ennis
>Mark Millar
>Brian Michael Bendis

Which is the worst?

If they all teamed up, what would their comic be about?
>>
>>86850746
>Hating Ennis
I mean sure he writes a lot of boring edgy trash but he also writes honest stuff with heart and soul. Just avoid stuff where he's Franking too hard or whining about capes and you'll be fine.
>>
>>86850784
pls read this
>>
Millar, no question. His work is pretty routinely awful, and despite his moderate successes, his lows reach levels of shit that I've never seen even Bendis reach.
>>
Bendis. It's not even a competition.
>>
>>86850746
Ennis writes a bunch of dumb juvenile scenes from time to time but his track record is stronger than Bendis and Millar.

Bendis initially was a better writer than Millar during the Marvel years but at some point Millar become a better writer by comparison.
>>
Ennis won a GLAAD award which is kinda surprising to me
>>
>>86850817
I would take Ultimate Spider-Man over Ultimates, but I'd reluctantly accept that Millar's Civil War was better than Bendis' Civil War 2.
>>
I like Ennis, Millar is hit or miss with me. Bendis is the worst.
>>
>>86850843
>GLAAD award
what
how
>>
>>86850746
Bendis gets my vote. It's not even about his writing style but on how he handles projects and the characters that were entrusted to him.
>>
File: starlight.jpg (136KB, 565x850px) Image search: [Google]
starlight.jpg
136KB, 565x850px
>>86850817
Starlight is better than moderate
>>
>>86850892

he didn't win (from what I can find).
but was double nominated one year for The Boys and Midnighter.
>>
>>86850892
For an arc in The Boys. It was about how the media pretends to care about gay people when in reality they wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.
>>
>>86850746

Bendis. Bit of an unfair competition. Like putting two mediocre professional artists against a retarded child who draws on crayons.
>>
>>86850892
All you gotta do to win a GLAAD award is write a gay character that isn't a complete joke.
>>
File: gay-steamroller-by-the-oatmeal1.png (36KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
gay-steamroller-by-the-oatmeal1.png
36KB, 300x200px
>>86850843
oh winning an award from the gay mafia
>>
>>86850856
True, but Civil War is by far not Millar's lowest of the low. This is the guy who wrote Wanted, Nemesis, AND Trouble.
>>
>>86850746
Bendis has aged the worst. Ennis is basically the same as he always but he only writes a mini or two a year. Millar now writes mediocre movie pitches that range from fun and enjoyable (Starlight) to meh (Chrononaughts). Bendis hasn't written a good comic since the mid-2000's and Civil War II makes Millar's Civil War look like Watchmen.

At their prime Millar was easily the weakest. Ennis wrote Hitman which is better than anything the other two wrote, Bendis wrote USM and Daredevil which are both pretty damn good and Millar in his prime wrote The Ultimates and The Authority.

I'd say Bendis is the worst based on how far he's fallen.

>If they all teamed up, what would their comic be about?
A world where superheroes are dumb assholes and the only useful person is a street level jewish irishman who wins through poorly explained asspulls.
>>
>>86851072
Millar in his prime was Superman Adventures and Swamp Thing.
>>
>>86851110
I liked some issues of his Swamp Thing but I wouldn't call it his prime.
>>
>>86850746
Ennis: edgy, fucked up sense of humor not for everyone
Millar: juvenile edgy movie pitches are his comfort zone
Bendis: actually believes he's writing great comics worth wasting $5 each every month

i don't know, which sounds to you like the most delusional?
>>
>>86850746
It's Garth Ennis and Mark Millar, so there will be a fuck ton of rape.
>>
>>86850843
How so? I think he writes gay characters pretty well. I liked his Midnighter.
>>
>>86851449
Garth Ennis, Mark Millar, and Alan Moore team up to write the rapiest comic in existence.
>>
>>86850746
Bendis by a LARGE margin.
>>
>>86850746
Ennis has made good stuff, so I'm not sure why he's even on the list. Was it because he uses curse words and adult themes and that triggers your ever delicate sensibilities?
>>
>>86851205
Swamp Thing ranges in his prime considering its one of the better thing he wrote.
>>
>>86851521

some of his lower end stuff is pretty edgy and tryhard (most of Crossed)
>>
>>86851862
>pretty edgy and tryhard
So it triggers your delicate senses just like I said. Good to know you can be ignored.
>>
>>86851521
t.fedorathiest
>>
>>86851985
t.faggot
>>
>>86850930
>>86850937
Who was gay and positive role model in The Boys?
>>
>>86852010
t.tryhard
>>
>>86852034
Terror?
>>
>>86852051
Terror banged that puddle or whatever? Bi as fuck.
>>
>>86850746
Ennis & Millar, with all their faults are not near to the shit writting of the today's Bendis.
>>
>>86850990
This.
>>
>>86850746
Ennis is must read 20% of the time, OK 30% of the time, and unreadable 50% of the time.

Millar is entertaining when he's not edgy.

Bendis is just garbage.
>>
Both Ennis and Millar got their fair share of crappy comics but at least they have a good chunk of their work that is unanimously solid. Ennis did the Punisher which resides as a must-read in the medium. His run in Hellblazer, Hitman (and his subsequent Section 8 minis), The Boys and Preachers are also well-liked and are worth a stop. And like it or not, Crossed spawned a few good stories (from Ennis and others) in his vast existence.
Millar also got a few good things under his belts (although we could credit Morrison's heavy involvement on certain regard). Red Son became a classic among the elseworlds imprint. His Superman adventures are also well-liked and I heard good things about his Flash. His run on Swamp Thing is also among the best around the character. On Marvel's side, he did Old Man Logan and Civil War with the latter being really popular among the normies. And then there's Superior which is probably one of the last good comics he did in the last few years.

So here we have two writers with a fair amount of good to excellent works although their careers. While I'm not completely familiar with all these works (I've only read an handful of them), these are all titles that are notoriously good and gets repeated a lot on recommendation. But then goes Bendis. What the fuck has he done that is worth to read besides Daredevil and USM? How does his careers impacted the industry besides being the go-to writer for Marvel each time they want a new flagship book?
>>
>>86852776
Bendis also wrote Alias and Goldfish which are both books I enjoy though they are full of Bendisisms and I can see why people wouldn't like them

Overlooking Millar's Ultimate work is criminal. while his 616 stuff is generally readable at best Ultimates 1 and 2 are two of the highlights of his career
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.