[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Writerfag here, Writing a Ghost Rider screenplay, wondering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 4

Writerfag here,

Writing a Ghost Rider screenplay, wondering if a necromancer OC villain who reanimates the corpses of innocents (with their original INNOCENT souls intact) as an army would be useful in slowing the Rider down at all.

I know plenty about GR in general but i wanted to float this idea around to a knowledgable audience since none of my friends locally are into comics and would have no idea.

Open to alternate villain suggestions, thanks in advance.
>>
>>>/fanfiction.net/

Keep this shit out.
>>
>>86849181
>Hi, High Schooler here
>I'm writing fan fiction

How about spend your time and effort creating something new and unique, instead of developing bullshit that will never go anywhere or become anything and can't be used by you in any actual capacity?
>>
>>86849274
Not fanfiction
>>
>>86849181
What books have you published? What screenplays have you sold? Are you a credited screenwriter or are you just a fag?
>>
>>86849181
Aside from the fact Ghost Rider has already fought a villain named Necromancer, the innocent souls thing wouldn't do shit, because zombies can't do shit against someone who regularly fights demons. That and zombies are so fucking over used and over done now.
>>
>>86849181
t. Kamala
>>
>>86849336
So you're an official Ghost Rider writer?
>>
>>86849337
Like im going to throw that info at you fags and have you sending pizzas and swat teams all over the place.
It was a simple question, anons.
>>
>>86849393
Not for the comics.
>>
>>86849431
And not for anything else either.
>>
>>86849397
>Like im going to throw that info at you fags and have you sending pizzas and swat teams all over the place.

>he posts something like that as a response

Either you don't use 4chan, are a young person, or are retarded.
>>
>>86849397
It's only worth my time to make fun of you, not to engage seriously with your question.

FYI, your answer screams "I am an amateur!" You can tell us how many scripts you've sold workout revealing anything about your identity. The fact that you get defensive about it means you've never been published and don't know enough about the industry to fake it.

Real writers lurk this board all the time and many of them pray anonymously. We know our own.
>>
You give writefags a bad name
>>
>>86849181
If the zombies pose a threat to the living the rider would have no problem destroying them.
>>
I remember when I was a kid who wrote World of Warcraft fanfiction and pretended I had good ideas or new ideas.

I realized much later it was better to write original stories and come up with new and creative ideas and fanfiction was a waste of time and fucking stupid shit mindless "fans" latch onto when they are bored and have microsoft word installed.
>>
File: Capture+_2016-10-09-14-38-26.png (128KB, 673x889px) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2016-10-09-14-38-26.png
128KB, 673x889px
>>86849445
I'm part of a writing team that is going to be pitching one of three GR adaptations to Marvel's Netflix division.

Notice how AoS didnt choose John Blaze? Its because he's the character that will bridge the gap between Netflix/ABC with Blaze having a few cameos on their side, and Reyes appearing briefly in the Netflix season which is slated for late 2017.
>>
>>86849503
Don't undersell fanfiction, it is a great way to learn the basics of writing action and dialogue even if you're using existing characters and narrative themes. There are plenty of writers, today, that got their start posting fanfiction - but it's a very juvenile, entry-level sort of writing; by the time you're seventeen it eighteen, you either stop writing or you move on to original work as you develop your craft.
>>
Ghostrider does not engage in complex moral theorizing.

Are they zombies? Yes.
Would they be better off dead again? Yes.
Will this in any way affect their souls? No.
Then they're toast...
>>
File: IMG_6702.jpg (117KB, 752x1062px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6702.jpg
117KB, 752x1062px
>>86849540
But i want blackheart
>>
File: 150120033119208379.gif (417KB, 196x409px) Image search: [Google]
150120033119208379.gif
417KB, 196x409px
>>86849569
No idea why he was in Capcom's games but I didn't mind. He was fun to play with.
>>
>>86849540
>John Blaze
Fuck off, m8. You're lying though your teeth and you don't even know what you're talking about.
>>
Might as well ask here, but how does one go about publishing original work and build a portfolio? I'm half tempted to write a book, or maybe be a screenwriter.
>>
>>86849627
Literally hundreds of companies for this.
>>86849613
Well i suppose youll just have to wait and see, fucker.
>>
>>86849181
Why are you making OC at all?
>>
>>86849181
You ain't gonna be able to sell a screenplay to Marvel using an Original The Character as the main bad guy. They want people who can re-invent their existing properties.
>>
>>86849657
I hope your pitch gets rejected.
>>
>>86849181
Your human shield concept sounds a little like what Scarecrow tried to do in that Warren Ellis story.

Level with me OP. How much do yo know about GR and his ever changing backstory? What is he going to be this time, Zarathos, an angel, Johnny with his head in fire?
>>
>>86849627
You have to know people in the industry. Some people will tell you it's possible to do otherwise. In a sense they are right. You can do one or two steps of the publishing process by yourself with a lot of hard. But you CANNOT do all of them. You need someone on the inside to give your work ANY chance of becoming real. Please just listen to me now and focus your energies elsewhere. They are guaranteed to be wasted on this.
>>
>>86849657
You do realize his name is Johnny Blaze not "John Blaze" right? At least do some simple research before pitching your fanfic.
>>
>>86849627
Good news is that it's easier than ever to get started. With things like Kickstarter, Patreon, and digital distribution, it's very easy to make content and have it make money for you. So long as the content is good, you'll attract an audience.

If you put out good content at a decent pace, and finish a few projects, you'll be able to build up a pretty beefy portfolio pretty quickly.

Also, because of the internet, it's easier than ever to jump onto zines, anthologies, and indie projects. Those look great on a resume as well.
>>
>>86849759
Do NOT listen this guy. His naivete is proof that he has never actually tried to do any of the things he talks about. Just fucking give up like the rest of us.
>>
>>86849746
>John Blaze

John Blaze is Method Man.
Method Man was on Luke Cage.
Method Man has a cousin's friend's neighbour's sister's acquaintance who has been cast as an extra in a crowd scene on AoS.
OP is telling the truth.
>>
>>86849596
>he will never stomp on the ground to summon demons ever again
>>
>>86849785
I've delivered on two kickstarters, and my content pays for most of my bills. I make up the rest on commissions and live pretty comfortably.

Enjoy giving up though if that's working for you.
>>
>>86849677
Order from the execs mainly.

>>86849678
Not the main bad guy; the endgame is Blackheart but the series was ordered to be a slow burn; start out as minimalistic horror and by the end it becomes full on nightmare-esque H.P Lovecraft with references to Blade and Dr.Strange.

>>86849696
It's just one small aspect of the pitch; at least the new character part. For the most part it's going to be focusing on Johnnys problems in terms of how he cant escape his own shadow. And its definitely Zarathos in this iteration. It was part of the guidelines.
>>
>>86849802
He'll never be part of Blackheart/Shuma-Gorath duo again, either.
>>
>>86849793
He's been called John Blaze in the comics plenty of times by people.
I suppose i should have specified, but it seems to me whenever someone says John Blaze in contextual relation to the Ghost Rider, the message gets across.

Sorry to confuse you with the possibility of Method Man getting his own chance at playing Ghost Rider on Netflix.

He had a cool Cage cameo though so; plausible.
>>
>>86849823
I know this is 4chan and all, but OP is a real person with a real life. Don't fucking lie and ruin it for him just to look cool on an anonymous image board for a few seconds.
>>
>>86849891
Yup, you're telling the truth.
No one but an honest fellow would politely answer an obvious troll.
>>
>>86849851
Is Johnny going to be traveling across America or is he going to have his circus? Will the medallion get any play? How did Johnny get Zarathos and how does Meohisto/Satan play into it?

Please have him be Satan this time or have Mephisto and Satan be names for the same entity. Don't pussy out.

What are you going to do with Roxy?

I've actually read all of the Bronze Age GR and most of the other stuff. Assuming you're on the level Id love to help you with this.

You got an email or something?
>>
Why aren't you going for simple coercion?

You don't need reanimated corpses.
>The villain captures someone's wife and daughters.
> Will kill them if the husband doesn't kill one person
> Three lives v/s one?
> Is the husband guilty or innocent?
> Holy dilemma, Ghostrider!

So, Ghostrider cannot kill any of the ones being controlled. He has to take them down without using his powers. He is, accordingly, slowed down.
>>
>>86849963
He will start out in Nevade but over the course of the series will end up in NY for the final three episodes. Netflix is trying BADLY to, and this is rumour, get this sold to the execs to have a small appearance by Strange, to get Blaze a way into Hell to confront Blackheart. That is the highest of hopes for the people who are trying to get the show made.

Satan plays a small-ish role, at least physically. Same entity, doesnt show up much.

Roxy will be mentioned but isnt seen, the focus is heavy on Johnny's burden and everyone feels a love interest would muddle that.

Unofficial help like this would fuck my asshole, sorry, can't throw that out either.
>>
>>86849627

http://www.writersdigest.com/whats-new/your-straight-forward-guide-to-publication
>>
I daydreamed about something like this a while back.

Have you considered having him fight the deadly plagues? They're now itinerant and rebellious because they fulfilled the purpose God gave to them, so they're harassing the Middle East with locusts, frogs, flooding, famine and infanticide.
>>
>>86850068
>love interest will ruin that

Is her loving going to be the reason why Zarathos is only partially bonded to him? He spent most of the Bronze Age series running from Roxy. You could have Roxy be the source of salvation Johnny doesn't feel worthy of approaching.

Is Johnny an orphan? How does Crash Simpson fit into everything?

And the big one, what is Zarathos this time around and how does he get in Johhny? Is it a deal to save Crash that Satan rips him off with?

I don't want any recognition or credit. I just want to make sure this GR doesn't suck. There's very few good ghost rider stories out there.

Is Zarathos going to be a chaotic evil demon or spirit of pragmatic vengeance? The distinction determines how moral dilemmas can play out.
>>
This is the most cancerous thread I've seen in a long time on this board, and that is really saying something. Anyone who actually engages in OP's fanfiction needs to fucking kill themselves NOW.
>>
>>86850325
It actually doesn't matter what you want, if you contribute to the script in any way you have to be credited according to union rules.
>>
>>86850325

Im pretty sure stuff to do with her is slated for the hopeful season 2, which it seems inevitable it will get. The fact that Punisher got his own season opens up the doors for a Netflix Marvel Knights esque run, including Blade and possibly Moon Knight.

Johnny is indeed an orphan, think classic 616 origin, with minor modernizing tweaks such as setting and whatnot. Crash plays his classic role: to die.

Classic Zarathos classic deal classic rip off classic bike crash

And Zarathos will have his/its own struggle
Begins as chaotic demon, becomes pragmatic vengeance.
>>
>>86849917
I'm pretty sure >>86849823 is talking about, like, CREATING a whole series as in comics or animations while the other people are asking about just being a writer, which is very different and much more difficult to break into. Well, maybe not more difficult, but you certainly won't be getting thousands of kickstarter dollars for writing short stories, that is.
>>
>>86849181
>Max Landis looking to steal ideas from /co/ again
>>
>>86850457
>Zarathos development

Interesting but potentially a dangerous idea. You aren't going to turn him into the grinch and have him grow a heart will you?

In the Bronze Age Zarathos just wanted to kill shit and be a demon but because Roxy fucked up his possession of Blaze he could use his willpower to bargain Zarathos down to just fucking up bad dudes.

It was really only with Noble Kale and the medallion that you had a real "spirit of vengeance" concept. My advice is to keep Danny simple if you use him at all. 90s Midnight Sons GR got way too convoluted.
>>
>>86850379
How would you even credit advice on 4chan?

>>86850457
>classic deal

How classic? Because that "Bounty hunter for Hell" stuff wasn't classic and was invented for the movies.
>>
>>86849471
>we know our own
jesus christ
>>
here's a tip OP. Do something different than Abrahamic mythology. It's boring as shit. Keep the basic elements, but have him fight something different. There's too much mythology and folklore to pull from just to see another boring heaven vs. hell narrative.
>>
>>86849540
Why are screenplays written with nearly every name, noun, and verb in all-caps?
>>
>>86849596
From what I understand, Marvel basically gave Capcom a copy of the Official Marvel Handbook, said "these specific characters have to be in, you can choose whichever others you want from this book."

That's how we ended up with Shuma-Gorath. They were just flipping through the book, found his page, and really liked his design so they added him. I imagine the same is probably true for Blackheart.
>>
>>86851039
That's precisely why he can't be seen overtly taking our advice.
>>
>>86851223
Because studio execs are borderline illiterate.
>>
>>86850997
No, he will just sort of have a shift in his purpose. Still will be a "lets kill everything that meets my criteria" type of motherfucker.

Danny Ketch will be a mention, thats all. Also, Reyes wont be considered a real Ghost Rider like in the comics. Blaze will also be listed by Strange as one of the most powerful beings on the planet thanks to how damn near indestructable he is.
>>
>>86851924
>change in purpose

Be very careful how you handle this. This could easily blow up in your face.
>>
>>86849540
>Not even correct screenplay format.
>Way too much action.
You'd never be hired on a writing team let alone be able to pitch to Marvel/Netflix.
>>
>>86851394
I feel like you're wrong about something. Like union rules probably only apply if the person giving and taking advice is in a union.
>>
Fucking stop this cancerous thread, jesus christ.

Stop.

STOOOOOOOOOOP.
>>
>>86852892
or what? :^)
>>
Anything without a soul is immune to the penance stare, but that's just his one-shot, not his main ability.
>>
>>86853140
ban hammer
>>
>>86852644
>too much action
>marvel netflix

Have you even seen any of the shows? OPs few paragraphs here would amount to probably like 30 seconds.

Gtfo faggot
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.