[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember in sandman when prez said that stuff about fixing broken

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Prez_01.jpg (24KB, 284x274px) Image search: [Google]
Prez_01.jpg
24KB, 284x274px
Remember in sandman when prez said that stuff about fixing broken watches.

Maybe thats why they cancled prez when it comes time to throw down with manhatten prez will appear and save the day.
>>
Is Prez any good?
Both the original and new one
>>
>>86837300

>yfw you realize who Prez's archenemy is

>>86837757

yes
>>
>>86837757
Well the only prez i have auctualy read is the sandman issue i mentioned in the op but i have heard a lot of good things its near the top of my reading list.

As for the issue it would make a lot of sense it ended with him going off to save other worlds.
>>
>>86838050
can you elaborate, I've only read the new one
(Corndog could save everyone)
>>
>>86839112
In the issue a stranded traveler is told a story of prez.
It covers his life and rise to being the greatest president ever. In the end at his death the lord of his world comes to claim him but dream as he has become such a legend saves him so now he wanderd the planes of existence looking for watches to fix fixing a watch being the metaphor for how he fixed america.
>>
>>86839636
that sounds super cool
Prez and Prez should team-up to beat up the Watchmen
>>
Prez is good and funny, if you can stand that the main character behaves like a teenager - lots of apathy.
>>
>>86837757
Original is alright. Four issues with little bearing on each other, not much like the Jesus Parable from Sandman.

The new one is great, but little like the original.
Think Transmetropolitan Lite, with a cute girl as your protag.
>>
File: prez_art_print_mike_allred_02.jpg (164KB, 650x950px) Image search: [Google]
prez_art_print_mike_allred_02.jpg
164KB, 650x950px
>>86839636

So if he ends up stopping Dr Manhattan, the watchmaker of the Watchmen, does that confirm that the Hypercrisis is real? That would literally be decades worth of unintended foreshadowing and coincidences for something that absolutely makes total thematic and symbolic sense.

Prez, the embodiment of hope for the future, will make the DC Universe bright and beautiful and heroic again and save it from the abyss that comics have been in since Watchmen changed the game.
>>
>>86841650
It would certaintly make me belive in the hypercrisis.
>>
>>86837300
He looks like Hillary Clinton
>>
>>86842432
Interesting thing about that. Issue three has him trying to ban guns, then he learns why that's a bad idea when some idiot descendent of Washington shows up with an army.
>>
>>86837300
Was he unironically quoting Neville Chamberlain?
>>
>Corndog prez TP2 never
:(
>>
>>86839636
>>86840697
>>86841650
>>86842403

The President dying and coming back to life with the aid of a physical god, that's a major plot point in Pax Americana
>>
>prez was supposed to be a baby boomer who ran on hope and love and shit
>today we have hillary the bank-owned whore who is a baby boomer running for president

Baby boomers were a mistake of a generation
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.