[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The next time you see a crime about to happen, don't go

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 9

The next time you see a crime about to happen, don't go to it.

The precognition is dead.

Bury it.

Consider this mercy.
>>
File: 1473739188141.png (879KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
1473739188141.png
879KB, 1136x640px
>>86836339
Quotes thread? Let's go! Pic related is my favorite.
>>
>Tony was right in Civil War 1
>Tony was right in film Civil War
>Tony was right in Civil War 2

How can one man be more right than Rightclops? Also what was Cyclops even right about anyways? I completely missed that whole thing.
>>
>>86836491
Phoenix
>>
File: 1464001688161.png (2MB, 1588x1425px) Image search: [Google]
1464001688161.png
2MB, 1588x1425px
>>86836491
t. Thanos
>>
>>86836491
>Tony was right in film Civil War
Love how Tony was all about "We need to be in check" but said fuck it all and decided to go to Siberia alone and put Ross on hold at the end when they needed him.
>>
File: Stark.png (1MB, 1688x707px) Image search: [Google]
Stark.png
1MB, 1688x707px
>>86836619
To be fair, he still believes that, he just has since realized Ross is the absolute worst person to be in charge of the whole shebang. His priority throughout the majority of the film is the Avengers and what he can do for them. He understands the need to protect them politically, even if it means keeping Wanda in the compound in the mean time. Once he realizes Ross had no interest in actually mitigating the political backlash against the Avengers, he turned his back on him.

It's not until he realizes that Steve hid the truth about his parents that he snaps, but even after that, he still wants to do what he can for the closest thing to a family he has, and if that means covering Steve's ass after their falloujt, that'll have to do.
>>
>>86836339
You're right. Heroes should just let people die.
>>
>>86836353
Where the fuck did this come from? I feel like it was some loser's ERB but I dunno.
>>
>>86836339

Can I get some context for this?
>>
>>86836491
He may be right but he's not likable by any stretch
He's fucking Iron Hitler
>>
File: 1453656358130.png (122KB, 416x436px) Image search: [Google]
1453656358130.png
122KB, 416x436px
>>86836339
Why not just kill the precog guy?
>B-BUT AVENGER DOES NOT KILL PEOPLE

Yet hawkeye is okay killing hulk?
Who wrote this shit? And why the fuck /co/ didn't realize this?
>>
File: 1434195615431.jpg (115KB, 1012x675px) Image search: [Google]
1434195615431.jpg
115KB, 1012x675px
>>86837060
>Who wrote this shit?

Brian Michael Bendis
>>
>>86836491

he was right in civil war? his execution disproves that
>>
>>86837107
That comic book writer?
>>
>>86837005
No he is a patriot
>>
I just read CW2 5 and I gotta say, this is the biggest piece of trash Ive read in a while. No context for it whatsoever. Why do they keep giving shit for Bendis to do? It's not even selling well.
>>
>>86837060
>>B-BUT AVENGER DOES NOT KILL PEOPLE

And yet they have, more or less, killed people: Logan, Natalia, Steve, Carol, Clint...
>>
>>86837299
Exactly, and they never even think to kill the precog guy?
>>
>>86836946
We're talking Marvel heroes here. You think the moral compasses of these fuckers are firmly set as Supes?
>>
>>86836957
YOU ARE exactly right!
>>
File: no.png (482KB, 602x726px) Image search: [Google]
no.png
482KB, 602x726px
>>86837369
>to kill the precog guy?

But wouldn't he see it coming?
>>
>>86837299
*members that, more or less, had killed people

fuck damn fucking phone
>>
>>86836339
ITT: events that disregards all the other precogs and time travelers they have in the universe because

BENDIS
>>
>>86836491
>Also what was Cyclops even right about anyways? I completely missed that whole thing.

It's a reference to how everything he did in Schism and AvX was completely and totally justified, even more so now that mutants are a dying people getting hyper-fucked on by the Inhumans.
>>
>>86837060
Killing Ulysses on the basis of what he might do kind of defeats Tony's entire fucking point about killing or arresting people based on what they might do.

You can't grasp the most basic themes of a story written by fucking Bendis. Congratulations.
>>
>>86836491
>Also what was Cyclops even right about anyways?
He played russian roulette with the population entire fucking planet, but the bullet was in one of the other chambers, so it was the right decision.

People used to call him "Right" facetiously, then the meme caught just when all the heroes in Marvel started acting like complete idiots and assholes.
>>
>>86836491
>right in the film
I always wondered why people think this. How the hell would oversight prevent crisis?
>>
>>86837713
Who said it had to be Tony who's doing the killing?
Congrats, you're even more retarded for not thinking through.
>>
>>86837759
>He played russian roulette with the population entire fucking planet, but the bullet was in one of the other chambers, so it was the right decision.
Nope. He was aware of and trying to prepare for the inevitability of the Phoenix coming to town. A bullet was loaded in all the chambers. Scott just wanted to make sure the bullet would hit where it was supposed to.
>>
>>86836491
No he isn't. Everyone is just varying degrees of wrong.
>>
>>86837864
Tony's side believes in not killing or arresting people based on a hypothetical.

Killing Ulysses is killing someone based on a hypothetical. Why would any Avenger or hero side with Tony if they believed that was the right thing to do?

You dumb motherfucker.
>>
>>86838195
> hail hydra
>>
>>86838195
>Why would any Avenger or hero side with Tony if they believed that was the right thing to do?
Because it would stop the conflict completely you retarded idiot, just like how hawkeye would kill hulk.

Dammit Bendis, grew a brain already.
>>
>>86837148
Bendis? Yeah he wrote it.
>>
>>86838195
The roster for both sides are quite questionable, imo. A lot of wild cards.
>>
>>86838266
Point taken, but it wasn't the argument this idiot was making.

>>86838288
>Why doesn't Trump just kill Hilary? That would end the debate and prove him right!

This entire event is two sides trying to prove their side as right. Killing Ulysses solves nothing unless you're one of those dipshits who keeps whining WHY DOESN'T BATMAN KILL DA JOKER
>>
>>86836518
Kenneth Rocafort is my favorite artist.
>>
>>86836506

You know one of the things the Phoenix did in the old comics was rebirth dead planets on it's way to earth. Predominantly this was done to unfuck planets Galactus, Thanos, or cosmic events screwed over to keep evolution going throughout the universe. With Hope and Scarlet's "No More Phoenix" bullshit I wonder how they are going to realize that they really fucked up on not only trying to destroy the phoenix but fridging in that way to appease the Avengers. Cyclops was still right but I just think the writers did a dummy move.

It's times like these I wish deus-ex Franklin and the Beyonders didn't kill the Celestials. They hate/dislike Inhumans beause their "evolution" is tainted by relying on terrigen mist. Celestials want free form evolution that can happen naturally and without control from external sources such as mutagens and uniformity. I'm surprised they don't come back to Earth and just skullfuck Inhumans for messing with their massive gene experiment and trying to subvert their agenda. Then once the Celestials are done purging shithumans the mutants wave them off a second time for a job well done.
>>
>>86836339
what the fuck is this art.

Why are his arms so tiny and why is his torso so HUGE.

Fucking Tony Torso over here.
>>
>>86837060
>Avengers don't kill
That rules hasn't been around for most of the Avengers for years.
>>
>>86839883
Hahahah, you think the writers these days do anything more than a caustic Wikipedia check on the lore before writing this shit?
Marvel is in a sustainability issue where they keep killing off their cosmic entities for sales and hype but they risk reader apathy if they resort to making new ones for this purpose ala Fear Itself
>>
>>86838024
But if they took Hope out of the solar system then the Phoenix would never have come to earth.
>>
>>86839883
You forget that when Rachel had the Phoenix, it also took life from other places to power itself, so in effect Rachel killed billions without realizing it until the Phoenix told her point blank that her powers are only as finite as there are living things in the universe.
>>
>>86836619
>Tony was right

>Avengers not only avert literal world ending events, they do so with ludicrously low casualties.
>Said casualties aren't actually their fault most the time, the particular event that jumpstarts this bullshit is trying to remove a suicide bomber from the scene
>Cowtowing to the Accords would reduce the Avengers to moving at the speed of bureaucracy and put under the control of the most corrupt AND inept government official in the US
>Despite the "oversight" Tony decides to recruit an untrained minor to fight some of the most powerful people in the world. Without parental consent.
>Also just destroys an airport for no fucking reason
>Disregards the checks he forced to be put into play anyways
>All because he got guilt tripped for something that wasn't his fault

>Tony was Right
>>
>>86837769
Tony was right in the sense that "this Accords thing is going to happen, there's nothing we can do to stop it, fighting against it will end the Avengers or worse, get you dumbfucks killed with a drone strike that probably still has my name on the missile. PLEASE don't be retards about the Accords and just sign this bullshit so I can kiss the right asses and get them amended into something respectable."
>>
>>86842589
>Also just destroys an airport for no fucking reason
That was Vision and Team Cap fault.
>>
>>86838024

what were his other plans when hope getting the phoenix would have failed?
>>
>>86843396

>kiss the right asses and get them amended into something respectable

they would have come up with something even more draconian. hydras hands extend far too deep
>>
>>86836491
I thought it was always:

Tony is wrong, but for the right reasons.

Cap is right, but for the wrong reasons.
>>
>>86838538
>prove their side as right
Why doesn't Tony then just go on national television and tell people about all shady shit Carol is doing? Wasn't father of that chick they though was with Hydra a senator?
This event is not about proving who's right or not. It's about punching each other.
>>
>>86836339
Fuck this shit.
Carol Danvers may be wrong because she's starting to go full-on minority report, but Tony Stark is EVEN MORE wrong.
If it were up to him, Thanos would have killed everyone at Project Pesgasus and stolen a bunch of Iso-8. Ulysses should be treated as a valuable source of intel, the same way the government treats any intel. You shouldn't take his word as absolute gospel and arrest people for nothing, but you should still act on it.
>>
>>86838195
>In Tony's entire roster, there's not one person who believes that working off of Ulysses's predictions is wrong, but isn't willing to compromise their ideals to end the conflict

Wow
>>
>>86837134
Shouldn't the fact that they are even having a Civil War 2 show that the superheroes of the Marvel Universe need some kind of babysitter to keep them from fucking up? At this point, after Disassembled, House of M, Civil War 1, Secret Invasion, Dark Reign, Age of Ultron, Avengers Vs. X-Men, Sins Past, Axis, Civil War 2 or any other recent event where heroes fought heroes over stupid shit, I think registering these people's asses and forcing them to behave would be for the best.

You know, as long as they don't let the Green Fucking Goblin get in charge of the program again. Which of course would happen, because everyone in the Marvel Universe is a fucking moron.
>>
>>86843692
There was no other plans
His plan B was another way to make hos plan A work
>>
Okay big CWII reader here. No, I don't think its good, but im making a panel-by-panels chronologycal version of the story with all the tie ins and it wins a lot of context. I have a strong chronology of the events. Lets see.
>>86844771
Tony is having a mental breakdown. That cleary stablished in invencible iron man, hes not thinking straight, and that's how bendis justifies a lot of stupid decitions. Tony couldn't go to national televisiĆ³n because before the suitcase girl carol had only trapped guilty people. She did nothing wrong until that point. And when carol crossed the line tony just took the chance to punch her in the face like he had wanted to for so much time.
About killing ulysses, both Magneto and steve tried to do so. Ulysses got ready for Magneto and steve decided to not do so because he's afraid ulysses will see him. All clear? My english is not the best
>>
>>86844833
Or you could just kill tony seeing how he caused every one of those conflicts.
>>
>>86844771
This.
Before their big brawl, Tony claims that Carol "literally left him no choice", which is objectively untrue. Tony had literally nothing to gain from fighting Carol, if he had "won" nothing would change unless he killed everyone.
Tony should have tried pressuring the government into shutting down Carol's operation by turning public opinion against her.
>>
>>86844833
>Disassembled
That wasn't really heroes vs heroes, it was Crazy Wanda vs everyone

>House of M
Ditto

>Secret Invasion
That was Skrulls vs everyone, with some heroes fighting each other because they think the other is a Skrull.

>Dark Reign
That was Norman Osborn and his army of villains vs the heroes

>Age of Ultron
How was that hero vs hero?

>Sins Past
Do you mean Original Sin? Neither of those stories was hero vs hero.

>Axis
To be fair, the heroes were inverted into being bad guys.
>>
>>86844938
>That wasn't really heroes vs heroes, it was Crazy Wanda vs everyone
Crazy Wanda is still a superhero. She caused Disassembled and House of M. Even worse, people forgave her because "muh possession," but the exact same argument could be made for Cyclops during AVX, and he didn't even go out seeking to get possessed. The Avengers blew the damn Phoenix up and shot it straight into him.

The Avengers blew a cosmic death entity up and caused another hero to get possessed by it. Really let that point sink in for a second.

>That was Skrulls vs everyone, with some heroes fighting each other because they think the other is a Skrull.
And it only happened because the heroes were so busy being assholes to each other that they could slip in and take over without anybody noticing.

>That was Norman Osborn and his army of villains vs the heroes
Sentry was among the Dark Avengers, and Daken could be called a hero depending on what day of the week it was. Same with Venom, though not under Gargan. But really, the point of that was that the hero community had gotten so bad that literal villains were seen as the better choice to be Avengers than the real Avengers.

>How was that hero vs hero?
Invisible Woman and Bub McSnikterson went back in time and murdered Hank Pym, then realized that was a fuck up and fixed it only to break time and space as we know it, thus inflicting Galactus on the Ultimate Universe and causing all sorts of other problems. The Marvel heroes are so bad at being heroes that they literally broke time as a concept.

>Do you mean Original Sin? Neither of those stories was hero vs hero.
Nick Fury, former SHIELD director and hero from WWII murdered the Watcher in cold blood. Also, a lot of heroes had hidden asshole pasts.

>To be fair, the heroes were inverted into being bad guys.
To also be fair, it happened because the heroes fucked up a magic spell stopping a supervillain that only had the power he had because another hero vs. hero war killed Xavier.
>>
>>86838305
He's a comic book writer?
>>
>>86845032
>The Avengers blew the damn Phoenix up and shot it straight into him.
>The Avengers blew a cosmic death entity up and caused another hero to get possessed by it. Really let that point sink in for a second.
And the Avengers saved the world in doing so. Hope was briefly posessed by the Phoenix and couldn't handle it, she begged Wolverine to kill her before it was too late. Either Hope would have gone Dark Phoenix, or Wolverine would have had to kill another redhead.
>>
>>86845032
>the point of that was that the hero community had gotten so bad that literal villains were seen as the better choice to be Avengers than the real Avengers.
No, the point was that the American public are fucking idiots who thought that Norman Osborn was awesome because he was lucky enough to shoot Veranke before anyone else had the chance to kill her.
>>
>>86844872
What about all the shit that's gone down in Ms.Marvel? It was before the big fight at Triskellion. Tony saw Carol abandon one of her Carol Youth cadets. And that cadet got arrested for impersonating police. Even though she was acting on Carol's orders, using Carol's intel and gear.
>>
>>86836491
Cyclops is right about everything.

But more specifically, Wolverine (for some reason) wanted to stop young mutants doing combat lessons so they could "just" be kids and Cyclops was all;

No, because mutants are still at risk (they were), SHIELD is probably hiding sentinels (they were) and they kids need to learn to defend themselves.
>>
>>86836491
He was right in CW1 but his execution fucking sucked
agree on film
but in 2 he's wrong, and Carol's in the same position he was in for 1. She's right but she's being such a fascist bitch about how she does everything
>>
>>86836339
>When Tony Stark should have started having problems with Future Vision
When Carol started holding people for cries they hadn't yet committed, and in all likelihood wouldn't commit.
>When Tony Stark started having problems with Future Vision
The moment he realized there was Future Vision.
Thank god no one told him about Destiny back in the day. he would have rained an unholy fire down on Mutantkind.
>>
>>86845380
>Thank god no one told him about Destiny back in the day. he would have rained an unholy fire down on Mutantkind.

Wasn't Mystique the only one really using her? She kind of deserves it.

Anyway, my take is that if Carol focused solely on aversion and avoided punishment and made any effort at all to stop the people she "leads" from murdering good guys she'd have a leg to stand on instead of being laughably horribly wrong in all of this.

She'd still need to get her entire organization torn down, of course, but at least she wouldn't look like such a fascist while it was happening.
>>
>>86846988
But Tony's been harping on this since before she even started that.
And considering what a "Futurist" he is you'd imagine his solution would be to work with Carol so she didn't end up crossing that line. Instead of going out of his way at every point to make himself less credible. It's like he was so set on getting ready for "The War" he didn't even bother trying to prevent it.
Say what you want about Tony in the first Civil War, at least he was trying his best to keep things from escalating. He saw the threat of a Superhuman Registration Act, and he felt the best way handle it was working with the government instead of declaring a war. Now he's just opposed to this because, honestly I don't know why. I mean I get it, its an infringement of civil liberties and obviously it's a flawed system. But Tony's been acting like an idiot since issue one cause "Muh RHODEY!".
And I swear when he accused Carol of "Messing with the natural order" it made me want to vomit up my gizzards.
Yeah, the man with a fleet of robot suits who once himself built a future telling device to predict crimes (pretty much the same method being used here, go back and read Force Works folks) is talking about how much he doesn't mess the natural order. Does Bendis' even here the shit that comes out of his own mouth?
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.