[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Disney World shuts down everything for 4th time ever exc

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10

File: Muppet-Mobile-Lab_Full_28940.jpg (224KB, 1280x855px) Image search: [Google]
Muppet-Mobile-Lab_Full_28940.jpg
224KB, 1280x855px
>Disney World shuts down everything for 4th time ever except Disney Springs for hurricane Matthew, waives cancellation fees. Opens at 5:40 am to make up lost revenue.

>Star Wars Land rumor: Possible Tie Fighter X Wing drone fights.

>Disneyland TOT hollywood hotel sign taken down, ride still operates partially in total darkness.

>Muppets Great Moments in History open.

>Avatarland to open late 2016/early 2017

>Main Street electrical parade to return to Disneyland after 20 year absence.

>Fast pass plus trials beginning at Disneyland and DCA for select rides

>Haunted mansion gets a trial cellphone game that sends you around the park helping ghosts back to the mansion for a special audio overlay on the ride.

Disney Land Star war construction progress:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhv9-l4GswY
>>
Fuck, forgot the header: Disney Parks thread.
>>
>>86836195
> Encouraging people to use their phones in a dark ride

Disney no.
>>
>>86836195
>Disney Land Star war construction progress:
That seems to be coming along nicely.
>>
>>86836195
>partially in total darkness.
>partially
>total
Hmmm
>>
>>86836250
Is it just the rain that slows down Disney world? cause they're nowhere near where land is.
>>
>>86836277
I meant the ride itself is still running, but it's done in total darkness, with none of the visuals.
>>
>>86836195
>Allowing cellphones in the Haunted Mansion to appease the fucking plebs
First movie theatres now this cocksucking devolpment.
>>
>>86836195
>Fast pass plus trials beginning at Disneyland
So how terrible is it going to be?
>>
>>86836195
God damn that's a lot. Star Wars and Avatar lands coming?

How many days does it take to do all of Disney World?
>>
>>86836513
So the way it works, it's going to royally fuck up anybody trying to ride a mountain who doesn't have a fast pass.

at Disney World, they were waved through everybody waiting in stand by, turning a thirty minute wait into an hour easy

At least, that was my experience at world last year.
>>
File: skdjfh9231.jpg (255KB, 900x1291px) Image search: [Google]
skdjfh9231.jpg
255KB, 900x1291px
Op forgot : Haunted mansion holiday got a new animatronic: Sally
>>
File: cartman lines.jpg (88KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
cartman lines.jpg
88KB, 960x540px
>>86836195
>Fast Pass..... Plus
... what?
>>
>>86836195
Have any of you ever ran into the Muppet thing by any chance? How is it?

>>86836552
If you wanna at least try everything, I'd say you'll need about a week or so.
>>
>>86836558
How is it different than normal fast passes though?
People are already waved through to, near enough, the front of the line but the cast members seem do a good job of shuffling them into the normal line.
>>
>>86836195
>Avatarland to open late 2016/early 2017

Can't understand this at all. Anything that whoever owns Avatar is trying to do to make it some big movie franchise is too little too late. Who even wants more to do with such a forgettable movie?
>>
>>86836552
There's an old saying, that in order to do everything at disney world it would take the better part of a year. 4 theme parks, 2 water parks, downtown disney/disney springs, two golf courses, Then all the stuff around the hotels like the water parade, boating/parasailing/fishing/kayaking,
Camping at fort wilderness

When I went I got a tone of recommendation and we didn't do half of hollywood studios because there's so much to do (well less now that hollywood is basically a 1/3 of a park.
>>
>>86838287
You do it weeks in advance. It's a preplanning tool.
Super useful if your vacation is a year out.
>>
>>86836453
>movie theaters
What?
>>
>>86837301
You get to skip the line to skip the line, and if there's a line to skip the line to skip the line you can spit on the handicap people until it's your turn to ride. If there are no handicaps available, a child shall be crippled for your convenience.
>>
>>86839029
I think it was amc, the ceo said he's allow cellphones in the theaters.

Got told the fuck off by twitter and dropped it real quick

The haunted mansion thing is they make you have a radio app running on the ride so you get a special message from ghosts you go around saving throughout the park.

It's basically for pass holders who've been to disneyland like 90 fucking times a year.
>>
>>86838897
The waterparks are just generic waterparks with elaborate themeing, same with the golf courses, and disney springs is a shopping center with a balloon ride, an outdated arcade and the circus show thing

then you can eliminate nearly half of epcot under the merit of "boring," half of animal kingdom under the merit of "the animals are never out/it's just a zoo" and half of hollywood under the merit of "it doesnt fucking exist anymore"
>>
>>86839675

My only issue with Avatarland is that with that done Disney is going to hold back on any development for a large Zootopia ride.
A "car chase in Zootopia" with 4D effects on a soft roller coaster would be great.
>>
>>86839675
>generic parks with elaborate theme

.... which is ALL of disney? For fucks sakes, space mountain is a slow ass psycho mouse with disco lights, stop being a retard.
>>
>>86838821
In Disney's defense, they got the rights to build it back when Avatar was still popular and the sequels weren't in the depths of development hell/
>>
>>86840337
>they have money for a GOG roller coaster in epcot
>nobody at Disney thought of putting a fucking Tron Light cycle ride at fucking epcot.
>>
>>86838821
Need I remind you that the other two BIG move tie-in at Animal Land are for the movie Bugs' Life and Dinosaurs?

They were scrambling for an animal tie in, I imagine.
>>
>>86840337
Don't worry anon, Chapek will see to it that they'll reskin Splash Mountain and call it a day
>>
>>86841076
What if, what FUCKING if, Zootopia
>>
>>86841221
Nothing like that is going to happen there for a while now that reputations are cast on Avatarland as the must-see attraction of that park.

Maybe by the time Zootopia 2 is released.
>>
File: 1472710810878.jpg (2MB, 1920x853px) Image search: [Google]
1472710810878.jpg
2MB, 1920x853px
I was just in Disneyland & California Adventure last Sun.-Tues. Hadn't been for 6-7 years so noticed some changes to the rides forsure

Materhorn has new yeti animatronics that was cool

I didn't like how new Star Tours doesn't care about timeline and skips from OT to PT during the ride

New Cars ride & land are very cool

Met Kylo Ren and Spider-Man. Good trip

/end blogpost
>>
Wait, they're still making a whole fucking land based on that forgettable Avatar movie?
>>
>>86841384
What in God's name has Avatar got to do with Disney in the first place?
>>
>>86841684
Two attractions and probably a lounge/restaurant area within Animal Kingdom.
One water ride and one simulation ride.
>>
>>86841689
James Cameron funding half of the project = great deal for Disney
>>
>>86841689
They were scrambling, as I said.

Other than Finding Nemo they didn't have any recent animal movies that were very successful.

Fear of drownings probably keeps Finding Nemo from spawning any large ride tie-ins.
>>
so how long do you think Avatar Land will stay around before Disney replaces it?
>>
>>86841966
I'm sure Cameron has a contract anywhere between 5-20 years, and knowing Disney World, it'll stay for at least 30.
>>
>>86836277
maybe it's advanced darkness, so it evens out
>>
>>86842674
>I'm sure Cameron has a contract anywhere between 5-20 years, and knowing Disney World, it'll stay for at least 30.
I doubt it'll last beyond 10, at least assuming Avatar 2 either never comes out or bombs horribly
>>
>>86836552
3-5 Days to fully expericence DisneyWorld if you only care about the main parks. Protip: You can do Epcot\MGM Studios on the same day since they are right next to each other (all you need to do is take the Beach club resort boat from one entrance to the other.)

also family employee secret if you go to the Beach club resort and say you are there for the "Character Breakfast" they will let you park in the hotel lot for the entire day for free no hastle and that way you can do Epcot\MGM in one day.

1-2 Days for Universal Studios. which is only 20 minutes away from Disney world

and if you care about them Busch Gardens is 1 Hour away and Sea world is 20 minutes away
>>
File: disneymagicband2_f.jpg (726KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
disneymagicband2_f.jpg
726KB, 1200x800px
>>86837301
>He dosnet even know about magic bands.

I swear it feels like they have been trying to phase out the old fast pass system for ages in order to make more people buy the magic band fast passes.

also i think they have been recently doing a phone fast pass system too.
>>
What's with the heavy Disneyland shilling going on at this board?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incidents_at_Disneyland_Resort
>>
they recently released what the "plot" of the Guardians tower ride will be and the supposed look they are going for.

the only cool part of the ride i guarantee you will be the queue, also they better have an intractable Howard the duck Holo-cube in the queue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcytWMZUx_w
>>
Here's the Muppets new show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZONJvKEtvY
>>
File: Front_Entrance_of_Disneyland.jpg (2MB, 2600x1414px) Image search: [Google]
Front_Entrance_of_Disneyland.jpg
2MB, 2600x1414px
Has anyone here been to Hong Kong Disneyland? I'm visiting the city in December for 5 days and was wondering if it's worth taking a day to go there? Will be me and two friends my age.

I've read a bit saying maybe it's better for families?
>>
>>86844957
Well, I know the Chinese basically trashed Shanghai Disney, I dunno about hong kong.
>>
File: Magic-Band-Disk.png (169KB, 571x308px) Image search: [Google]
Magic-Band-Disk.png
169KB, 571x308px
>>86843514
Nah, they're moving onto customizable bands with pucks instead of having to mass produce rfi chips.
Magic bands are super popular because of their automatic souvenir-ness, but having to produce a seperate chip each time you by a new band isn't cost effective.
>>
>>86844966
>trashed

In what way?
>>
>>86836453
>>86839029
>>86839135
I'd much rather they have special screenings where people are allowed to talk. It sucks that audience participation only applies to Rocky Horror and ghetto Madea screenings. People being allowed to use their cell phones in those screenings would just be an added bonus.
>>
>>86840965
More like Tron Test Track makes it redundant.

Though rumors now are pointing towards Guardians being back at Studios, but not overlaying Tower.
>>
>>86845222
Wrecking landscaping, taking dumps in the flower beds, litter
>>
>>86843460
Fuck, I haven't been here since I was a kid. I still have my old key card.
>>
File: WildeTimes.jpg (311KB, 1100x561px) Image search: [Google]
WildeTimes.jpg
311KB, 1100x561px
>>86840337
How do we make Wilde Times a thing?
>>
>>86837816
Here's a 9 min YouTube vid of it action at Epcot, crica 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcC75ZUrjN0
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.