[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Gargoyles still worth watching, even if I have no nostalgia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Disney_Gargoyles_logo.png (47KB, 333x258px) Image search: [Google]
Disney_Gargoyles_logo.png
47KB, 333x258px
Is Gargoyles still worth watching, even if I have no nostalgia for it? (I barely saw it as a kid)
>>
Absolutely - it holds up very well on all fronts, and has some downright amazing voice acting. I'd go one better, and say it's better than most of the action cartoons of the past 10 years.
>>
>>86829824
Yes, but only the first two seasons and the comic book. Avoid the third season ("The Goliath Chronicles") like the plague.
>>
I watched the first 2 seasons for the first time about 8-9 months ago.
I thought it was pretty great and lived up to what everyone says about it.
>>
Yes, good cartoons don't stop being good.
>>
>>86829953
It's better than ALL of the action cartoons of the last ten years and most of the action cartoons of the last TWENTY years.
>>
The first season definitely. The second season is pretty good too. Around the World in 80 Goliaths is much more miss than hit since it goes wacky as shit at times.
>>
Yes. Can we do something to get it back on the air? Dunno why it was taken off Disney XD in 2012.
>>
>>86830000
quads don't lie anon

also, same story, only saw it last year for the first time and it was really good.
>>
Not really.

For one, the action is poor. Also, a majority of the protagonists are shitty since most of the episodes with them are a drag and take too long for them to have any semblance of payoff. Plus, the general quality shift at the end of (and after) "City of Stone" from pretty good to ridiculously contrived is staggering.

I can't recommend it.
>>
yes, I didn't have any nostaligia for and watched it as an adult, its now my favourite show
>>
File: 360px-Elisa_Maza.png (136KB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
360px-Elisa_Maza.png
136KB, 360x270px
Fuck yeah, it's amazing.
I just watched it last month and it's definitly holds up.
Goliath is an awesome MC (with an amazing voice). Xanatos and Demona are both fantastic villains, for different reasons.
At some points you have to remember that it's a kids show, but mostly it's simply great.

That being said, you really don't need to watch the 3rd season. That is a really uncomfortable mix of over-the-top, yet probable racism.

Also, Elisa is hawt.
>>
>>86829824
> Best Disney villain, top 10 if not
> Shakespeare references everywhere. Dostoïevski's name is dropped.
> There is time-travel done right for a change.
>>
>>86829978
>Avoid the third season ("The Goliath Chronicles") like the plague.
except of course the first episode of that season "The Journey" that one is canon(even if it did get retold in the comics)

>>86830306
even at it's worst the Avalon World Tour is still decent and watchable

>>86830496
we'll have to agree to disagree about that
>>
The first half of season 2 and some other episodes were lamer than I originally remembered but over half of the pre-Goliath Chronicles stuff is ok.

Zanatos isn't impressive looking at him these days. He was mostly just a breath of fresh air after a lot of tantrum-throwing and unrealistic villains before him. You notice his stupidy with things like trusting Gargoyle Hitler as much as he did more as an adult.
>>
I want to shove my cock in Brooklyn's tight red asshole.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.