[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Brandon and Marion broke up, and Paul Pope is a messy drunk.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: CuPVLy2UIAAX_RV.jpg (143KB, 658x900px) Image search: [Google]
CuPVLy2UIAAX_RV.jpg
143KB, 658x900px
Brandon and Marion broke up, and Paul Pope is a messy drunk. Is there any other hot comic gossip?
>>
>Brandon and Marion broke up

ahhhh, that's sad.

lotta comic pros were saying that Pope stuff was really drummed up
>>
Woah, What's going on with Paul Pope?
>>
>>86825884
Fuck, that sucks.

Pope I had heard rumors of being a drunk, so this reveal doesn't totally shock me.
>>
File: CuMuGA1XgAAwjjz.jpg (154KB, 1200x829px) Image search: [Google]
CuMuGA1XgAAwjjz.jpg
154KB, 1200x829px
>>86825952
Paul Pope is also split up with his wife, I think he said he was married to an acrobat in Smoke Signals magazine, and has been pushing himself on women according to Dave Zissou.
>>86825922
It is a lot of second hand accounts, one getting taken from a Simon Hanselmann and Brandon Graham story getting exaggerated.
>>
>>86825884
>>86826057
I love that Brandon's identifier in comics is his elephant tattoo.
>>
>your marriage falls apart
>your creator-owned shared universe falls apart
Poor Brandon and Marian.

Poor 8House.
>>
>>86826057
Hansellman is hardcore sjw so I wouldn't be surprised if he exaggerated.
>>
>>86825884

literally who
>>
>>86826465
You must only read Big 2. Brandon is about as entry level as independent comics get.
>>
>>86826465
Don't worry about it
>>
>>86826439
Hanselmann is not a hardcore SJW, he is capable of actually making jokes about shit SJWs never would even think about.
However the shit he puts in his comics is literally always exaggerated
>>
>>86825884
Didn't this happen a while ago? I thought they had been apart for quite a while.

>>86825922
It was definitely more about the author's disappointment with Paul Pope than Paul Pope's sins, whatever they may be.
>>
>Brandon is finally going to get to fuck twink traps like he's always wanted
What is the downside?
>>
>>86826592

>However the shit he puts in his comics is literally always exaggerated

you will never convince me the David Sim strip isn't 100% accurate
>>
>>86826604
>Didn't this happen a while ago? I thought they had been apart for quite a while.

They just had an "open" relationship and lived apart from each other.
>>
>>86825884
Ok I can't feel sorry for him, nigga is traveling around the world and still acting like a bitch.
If he is so sad why not just fucking stay in one place and get your life in order?
>>
>>86826803

I imagine the traveling stuff is prior commitments that one can't get out of
>>
File: squall.jpg (110KB, 336x330px) Image search: [Google]
squall.jpg
110KB, 336x330px
>>86826554
>>
>>86826842
I hope so because running away never fix anything
>>
>>86826439
Yeah but it got more exaggerated to make it seem like he regularly got into drunken fights with people.
>>
>>86826341
What actually happened to 8House?
>>
>>86826953

I think it was just too ambitious? From Under Mountains and Mirror got trades tho. I'm hoping/wondering if some will show up in Island
>>
>>86826621
I don't think he's fucking twinks, the second part says he still hasn't been able to get back on the horse.
>>
>>86826984
Yeah, pretty much.
I was interested in 8House, but I feel like the delivery wasn't great. I needed something to kind of ground the story so I could figure out what the hell was going on, because the jumps from house to house seemed to have no noticeable connection and I couldn't stay interested.
I know it was meant to be a Seven Soldiers type story where each "character" seems only vaguely associated with the others, but as the story goes on they all become intertwined. But Seven Soldiers has the benefit of taking place in a world that we have some reference for, so we at least understand what's happening in each story before they all come together. I feel like if we were given a more direct frame of reference I would've enjoyed it more.
>>
>>86827149
The whole publishing approach to 8house seemed needlessly convoluted to me. It should've just been a straightforward series with the first arc focusing on House A, second arc focusing on House B etc.
>>
>>86826439
He really isn't, dude.
https://youtu.be/7HkJOcDQWK4?t=24m47s
>>
>>86827205
Yeah. I can understand wanting to jump from House to House, but I feel like if you're going to do that you need a clearer connection. Each house seemed so far removed from one another.
>>
>>86827252
One shots between each arc would probably have worked.
>>
I wonder if this thread will summon Brandon. Haven't seen him in a while here.
>>
>>86827149
Unrelated, but this post just made me realize that Sens8 is not only heavily inspired by The Invisibles, but Seven Soldiers in its storytelling style
>>
File: CuPVMyUVYAAjzVH.jpg (81KB, 700x537px) Image search: [Google]
CuPVMyUVYAAjzVH.jpg
81KB, 700x537px
>>86825884
>10 months
Oh. Bummer.

The Pope stuff is pretty bad. I knew there was something up with him and this was likely but man what a poorly written takedown. He's trying to bring one incident to light but then he starts pulling tweets and talking about how Pope's comics suck now and I just don't get it. And all throughout it he's really just focused on how Pope let him down personally instead of how genuinely scummy his actions were.
>>
>>86827233
I don't think Hanselmann is an SJW (he makes comics with rape jokes all the fucking time) but posting a 50 minute video with no reference to how it proves your point is retarded
>>
>>86827555
>t=24m47s
>>
>>86827581
When you open the embed here it doesn't put the video there. Most people aren't going to copy paste the link.
>>
>>86827523

I love em but those two love stealing from Morrison huh
>>
>>86827604
Okay. Go to t=24m47s in the video and he starts talking shit about pc culture for a few minutes.
>>
>>86826057
Where's this from?
>>
>>86827554
So, King City was kind of prophetic in hindsight.
>>
>>86826864
He's traveling for cons and work related stuff. I imagine his Italy trip is to go to Lucca, that's one of the biggest comic fests in the world.
>>
>>86827554
>couple of single dudes
So Marian is finally getting a sex change and Brandon can't deal with it?

Or maybe Male Marian wants to date girls.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.