[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Before cancellation Peter was dumb but a well meaning person

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: family-guy-2.jpg (873KB, 2400x1350px) Image search: [Google]
family-guy-2.jpg
873KB, 2400x1350px
>Before cancellation
Peter was dumb but a well meaning person and a good father
Lois was a good mother/wif but had a few faults
Brian was the voice of reason who primarily fucked other dogs like he should
Stewie was a serious little evil thing but had some humor involved
Chris was a well meaning idiot
Meg was homely but an intelligent/sweet girl
Cleveland is the black voice of reason
Joe is a handicapped but well put-together person
Quagmire is simply a player

>After cancellation
Peter is pants on head retarded and an overall destructive person also an extremely abusive father and bad provider
Lois is a raging slut and a bitch who abuses her own daughter and is a terrible wife
Brian is an annoying liberal caricature who fucks human women primarily.
Stewie is a gay stereotype who makes inventions because he's bored
Chris is dumber than before and basically a down syndrome retard
Meg is a psychopathic borderline personality disorder bulimic edgy stalker
Cleveland becomes an annoying oreo (this is more prominent in the Cleveland show)
Joe is a depressed pathetic person
Quagmire is a rapist and ephebophile

What the hell happened to this show?
>>
Stewie got better after cancellation.

Evil! Stewie wasn't very funny.
>>
>>86824913
>Meg was homely but an intelligent/sweet girl
Meg was a bitch before cancellation.
>>
>>86824913
Peter really has become bored with his life and his Family. He's willing to do anything to distract himself, and only cares when he is in danger of losing it.

Lois is just someone who loves to make whatever is happening about her. Something I noticed is she is starting to contradict her morals from precancellation.

Brain is a victim of his own short coming. Being Peter's moral compass is a pretty easy job. Precancellation he tried to be more independent and failed. The fact is acting like an ass gets him more results.

Meg is. . . Basically giving you a reason she is the shows punching bag.

Chris is a lot more Jaded than he was and has abandoned his art. Much like Peter, he is happier distracting himself than facing reality.
>>
What if instead of Family guy, it was called Family le?
>>
>>86825655
What
>>
>>86825317
And Stewie?
>>
>>86824913
>What the hell happened to this show?
that was never a show very concentrated on his characters, it's basically "Hey what happens if we put Peter on that wacky situation?" also it's a comedy anyway.

that was not the kind of show who correspond to your expectations if you wanted a lot of character developpment and dramatic storylines.
>>
File: 1435841260459.png (59KB, 167x195px) Image search: [Google]
1435841260459.png
59KB, 167x195px
sometimes my little brother watches family guy funny moments videos
sometimes I laugh
>>
>>86825042
Yep. The majority of laughs I get from post cancellation episodes are from him. I'd say post cancellation Chris is better, too, because he actually does stuff. He basically existed as a vehicle for "lol teenager" jokes, a la Zits.

That being said, yeah, the show is overall MUCH worse. The last episode of the last season where Brian falls for a Indian call center worker is basically unwatchable and the first episode of of the latest season, while not as bad, was just a worse rehash of one of the better post cancellation episodes (the one where Peter and Quagmire start a folk band).

Also, thank fuck Frank Sinatra Jr. is dead. Those episodes are so fucking dull. We get it Seth, you like New York in the 50's.
>>
>>86828692
He's now the gay but reasonably sane one, hates Lois out of obligation now
>>
>>86828692
Queer
>>
>>86829014
Hey, don't be mean.
>>
>>86824913
Its the same with simpsons and american dad
The new writers have no talent and the audience is okey with crap, they are okey with dumb and unlikable characters
>>
File: tenor.gif (2MB, 497x280px) Image search: [Google]
tenor.gif
2MB, 497x280px
>>86829102
No, I mean, that's literally what he is. He's said that. In those words.

>>86829111
But American Dad is still as good as it's always been?
>>
>>86829111
Actualy im starting to think its not the writers
This guy worked on the simpsons for 13 years, he made some of the best episodes and then later some of the worst
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Swartzwelder

Is it because they know the show is popular and that there job is secure, so they just get lazy, get less passionate?
>>
>>86829111
why /co/ always want responsables characters? and every situations resolved by the power of love or friendship?
>>
Call me a huge fag but I think the show generally is funnier now. Usually gets at least one smile out of me, which is more than I can say for most pre-cancellation FG or zombie Simps.
>>
>>86829459
You're a huge fag

I generally think post cancellation Family Guy isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be, with some genuinely really funny episodes. I just think pre was better, overall you cumslut.
>>
>>86829453
Because nobody is doing that anymore.
>>
>>86825042
Evil Stewie >>>>>>>>>> faggy gay stewie
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 282x179px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 282x179px
>Before cancellation
Adam west is a brilliant character

>After cancellation
Adam west is a brilliant character in a shit show

Prove me wrong
>>
>>86825042
Evil Stewie was funny however Stewie was funny when it was implied he had an active social life outside the family despite being a baby

Later when Stewie was treated as a baby for one off jokes
>>
>>86829453
There's nothing wrong with fucked up unlikable piece of shit characters. In fact, I'd take them over bland "relatable" characters any day. I think the specific problem everyone has with Family Guy is that it's writing is horrendous, so all you're left with is this cast of vile assholes with nothing funny or engaging to back them up. It's just really easy to despise them.
>>
>>86824913
Escalation. In order to prevent it from becoming tired and stale, the show constantly tries to top itself. It pushes the line further, becomes grosser, the characters become more sociopathic, all these things in the vain attempt of trying to continue shocking the audience for laughs.
>>
>>86825042
I dunno, I thought the idea of him using his evil genius to try and destroy broccoli was pretty funny.
>>
Peter
>Dumb characters are easier to build jokes around
Lois
>Edgy jokes help bring in the [as] crowd and edgy teens
Seth Dog
>An artificial heart that tries to spout lib/moral bs. Also "Lol this dog fucks human chicks, ain't that weird?"
Stewie
>"Lol, them gays sure are weird"
Chris
>Same as Peter
Meg...
I honesty don't know. That bullshit lightning rod thing I guess.
Black guy
>His only purpose was and always will be being a black guy
>Also race jokes
Quagmire
>"lol rape"
Joe
>"lol cripple"
I don't wanna go all moral fag here but basically they made everything 99% more edgy to appeal to teens wail also shoving shitty warped morals so they can get an Emmy. Obviously the writers can't handle both and end up making a shit product as a result.
>>
>>86824913
>What the hell happened to this show?

Dan Povenmire finally sold Disney on Phineas and Ferb.
>>
>>86830244
Basically this. Archer has a cast full of unlikable pieces of shit but at least the show was funny (for the first few seasons). Family Guy doesn't have that justification.
>>
I fucking hate when they don't even attempt to make a joke in newer FGs. Like when Peter was ordering a salad from a pizza place or when they were buying band aids at Mort's.
>>
>>86830091
really you could say the same about him in real life
>>
When the show's premise was half parody of family sitcoms, half show about a dad whose life lessons all came from family sitcoms, it was fantastic.

Didn't someone come up with a weird re-boot/time travel retcon, in universe explanation for why the show is so different? Like, each time Stewie goes into the past, he changes everyone's characterization?
>>
>>86832957
How much does Dan Povenmire leaving have to do with FG's tank in quality? Sure, he was hands down the best director the show had and Seth often let him inject anything he wanted to make a better show but the thing is you and I don't exactly have a list of things Povenmire contributed. Until you find that, I don't think I can agree.

The problem is the writing
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.