[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6 QFS3DABzE "Do y

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: slutt.jpg (174KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
slutt.jpg
174KB, 1920x1080px
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6QFS3DABzE

"Do you always feel like you're doing fan fiction?"

"Yeah! Hey a check from Marvel!"

Well, at least Slott is aware he is fanfiction-tier.
>>
Well almost all superhero comics after their original creators' work is fan fiction.
>>
>>86823676
Does the cape genre have any intrinsic merit or is it all built on legacy and fanboyism?
>>
>>86824187
Along with all forms of fiction it's interpretive. So long as you're looking for one you'll find it. Even something as retarded as Sonichu can be proof of this.
>>
It's weird, but all Spiderman runs feel like fanfiction to me. Maybe it's because nothing outside the original run really sticks, or the new supporting characters they introduce, maybe the way Spidey's villains don't really have a strong connection to Spidey and just sorta show up, IDK.

I've read a good bunch of Spidey stories, I really like a lot of characters that spun out of Spidey books, but he's probably my least favorite "nucleus" from the Marvel universe, I'll take regular street level, cosmic, X-men and the Avengers over Spiderman's drama BS and scientist bank robbers any day.
>>
You guys always give him such unfair criticism when you don't even know Slott well enough to truly understand the guy. I've known this fucking guy for like 30 years. We used to eat hamburgers together all the time. He lost his virginity to my sister. We used to hang out after school and play Nintendo. I remember when he was first writing his first stories, and I remember being like "my god, this guy has a future in this".

And so to understand why his stories are always the way it is, you gotta understand where he's coming from, and who the REAL Dan Slott is, not just who you see. This motherfucker is a genius, and incredibly talented, and the true veterans in the comics industry saw his potential, even if you guys don't see it
>>
>>86824751
Slott, is that you?

>We used to eat hamburgers together all the time.
Well, it shows.
>>
>>86824751
Trust me, to follow Dan Slott's twitter is to know the real Dan Slott. He's a fat dude who throws hissy fits whenever someone says they don't like his work, even when they don't @ him. Just like that one time some girl said she didn't like the idea of Superior Spider-Man.
>>
>>86824751
Try not to pat yourself on the back too much, Slott.
>>
>>86824887
>even when they don't @ him
Someone should post that AV Club copypasta about him harassing that woman writer.
>>
File: 1442094665129.gif (910KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
1442094665129.gif
910KB, 250x188px
>>86824751
>We used to eat hamburgers
>>
>>86823574
is Dan a midget?
>>
>>86824187
It started as just silly stories for kids and then it turned into legacy and fanboyism.

Occasionally a writer will come in and do something good but it is still creatively shit.

>>86824751
>He lost his virginity to my sister.
Pretty sure Slott confirmed himself to be a virgin and it's not a surprise.

I mean even Bendis got himself a wife.
>>
>>86824751
new pasta?
>>
>>86826476

>confirmed virgin

Are you serious?
>>
Remember when Dan Slott wrote Sonic/Sailor Moon crossover fiction?
>>
You guys always give him such unfair criticism when you don't even know Bendis well enough to truly understand the guy. I've known this fucking guy for like 30 years. We used to eat hamburgers together all the time. I've lost my virginity with his girlfriend. We used to hang out after school and play Nintendo. I remember when he was first writing his first stories, and I remember being like "my god, this guy has a future in this".
And so to understand why his stories are always the way it is, you gotta understand where he's coming from, and who the REAL Brian Bendis is, not just who you see. This motherfucker is a genius, and incredibly talented, and the true veterans in the comics industry saw his potential, even if you guys don't see it.
>>
>>86824751
>you gotta understand where he's coming from

Which is...?

I know, I know, copypasta. But if it WERE real, it doesn't tell the reader a damn thing.
>>
>>86827566
>it doesn't tell the reader a damn thing.

You guys always give him such unfair criticism when you don't even know that anon who posted >>86824751 well enough to truly understand the guy.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.