[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are the heroes of 616 so okay with mutant kind being wiped

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 577ebd0171ffe[1].jpg (238KB, 940x529px) Image search: [Google]
577ebd0171ffe[1].jpg
238KB, 940x529px
Why are the heroes of 616 so okay with mutant kind being wiped out and the inhumans not doing dick about it
did they all just forget how many times the X-men saved the planet
>>
why shared universes are shit?
>>
Never mind that. Everybody hates muties.

Explain to me how Inhumans went from being rejected Kree war slaves to the new future evolution of humanity with an absolutely baffling array of powers.

This is fucking bullshit. I know this is only happening because Fox doesn't want to return the X-Men, but goddamn is it petty.
>>
>>86824278
Because its flimsy writing to justify them being more important to push the movie that's going to happen and also its them being petty about the X-Men movie rights.

Inhumans are also literally space muties and I don't understand why the Marvel populous wouldn't hate their mist spreading guts infecting normal people to become part of their space mutie cult.

At least Earth born muties have the decency to stay to themselves for the most part and not try to pass around the X-Gene like an STD.
>>
>>86823557
Every one saves the world the x-men dont get special treatment.

The avengers cant fox every problem and they are kinda busy with general avenging.

And while theyve been playing nice since then i wouldnt be surprised ifnthe avengers are still pissed about avx.

The x-men (save logan) made it clear that their survival as a species is worth risking the saftey of the entire planet
>>
File: 189118_2.jpg (43KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
189118_2.jpg
43KB, 630x630px
>>86823557
Core of the Xmen lore. They're eternally hated by Marvel citizens and persecuted by other heroes and even their own selves.
>>
>>86824381
>Every one saves the world

There's plenty of B-listers and street level nobodies that haven't. Inhumans for example.

They stowed themselves away on the moon for decades and watched as the earth rotted. They're arguably more isolationist than the X-Men ever were.
>>
>>86823557
bad writing.

Seriously that's it.
>>
Imagine being a mutant, right. Your powers are nothing exceptional but give you an edge above the normal human and you have no visible deformities. You want to live a relatively peaceful life, maybe live as an artist or something.

Sure the protests and rallies suck but whatever, but then things start to progressively get worse. First there's infighting between groups of mutants that disagree with each other, suddenly people have introduced giant robots that exist solely for the purpose of exterminating your kind, an insane mutant wants to compile the DNA of every mutant and you are at a risk of getting kidnapped by not only him but the seemingly countless government organizations that want to do something similar and weaponize your powers, a telepath gets possesed by a space entity and in the ensuing chaos takes out the only organization that exists to protect you. An omega level mutant loses her tits and rewrites the universe so the already nonexistent mutant population decreases by some 95+% but you're one of the lucky ones all the while the first mutant ever wants to wage a war against the same humans that persecute you and you're on the edge but still you think "it's not worth it" and if you are lucky enough to survive all that, the "normal" superheroes who for some reason seem to be loved want to wage war against your kind and you've fucking had it, you're sick of everything and everyone and when the conflict is over you think "Dear fuck please let this peace last for a little bit" but no, now some chucklefucks who are badically space version of you (who are still loved) are nuking the planet with a gas that's giving your people the equivalent of mutie auds and at this point you feel like you could snap the necks of every single entity that antagonizes you in a 10 mile radius.
>>
>>86824467
I agree there isolasionist (so are wakanda and atlantis)

But to say they have never saved the world is false
>>
>>86824351
More like the same flimsy writing that's been a staple of X-MEN writing since the Claremont era.

ie. Other superheroes are almost always forbidden to help the Mutant plight to keep the tired status quo of persecution strong. If they did, the writers would have to stop writing love letters to Clairmont, and start creating original plotlines for X-men comics.

Heaven forbid that ever happen.
>>
I'm not that familiar with the xmen - other than the xgene, is there a way for the common folk to tell whether someone is a mutant ot something else? What would prevent me from going "no, you see -- I'm not a mutant, I'm a mutate"? Or even an alien?
>>
>>86823557
I don't know

Sublime, maybe?
>>
something something latent genetic mutant-hating bacteria
>>
>>86823557
AvX happened like 2 years ago in-universe.
>>
>>86824381
>avengers cant fox every problem

heh
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.