[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Conclusive evidence that Superman can't breathe in space???

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: Evidence 1..jpg (19KB, 480x269px) Image search: [Google]
Evidence 1..jpg
19KB, 480x269px
Conclusive evidence that Superman can't breathe in space??? Idk DC fans so help me out. I screenshot this from Justice League Unlimited.
>>
>>86818876
Thats a stupid way to sell toys. Fuck them.
>>
I wish DCAUfags died.
>>
>>86818876
what about the trillion times he's been in space without any kind of life support
>>
>>86818892

we will all be dead in 100 years grumpy face
>>
>>86818896
non canon
>>
>>86818876
Kryptonians breathed on Krypton. They were just like us. Just because Kal is a god doesn't get rid of his evolutionary heritage as a creature that needs to breathe.

He can probably hold his breathe for a long time, though?
>>
>>86818905
Just so we're clear about who we're talking about here, Superman can hear soundwaves before they hit his ears.

This should be physically impossible, but some how for Superman it's not. He can literally hear the future.

I don't think he's worried about breathing.
>>
>>86818876
In the DCAU Superman can't survive in the vacuum of space like the comic version can. It was for toy reasons, but also to give him more obstacles.
>>
>>86818876
Just because it happened that way in the cartoon doesn't mean it's the exact same thing as in the comics. Even if you don't read comics you should be able to figure that much out.
>>
>>86818928
I still enjoy the explanation that Kryptonians are super physics.
>>
>>86818876
else where, in that same series, Superman is shown in space without that gear
>>
STAS Superman is arguably the weakest version (maybe even weaker than Golden Age Superman). But that's why it always sounds so stupid whenever someone tries to put Superman through vs debates against Goku or anyone else, while taking it completely seriously. There are so many versions, so while x character can beat one version of Superman, they'll be unlikely to beat another, such as his Silver Age incarnation, which means that you need to specify which one when making such a thread.

>>86818934
It's been explicitly stated, in Kara's case, that if she actually opened her mouth and lost the breath of air she was holding, that she would have drowned in the ocean during one fight, so I guess that means that New 52 Kryptonians can't breathe in space but can hold their breath for a longtime. With Superdad, Lex specifically gave a him a forcefield, during the Black Ring Saga, after becoming a god, so that he could breathe. Silver Age Superman definitely does not need to breath in space, though, and neither does Superboy Prime, another Silver Age Kryptonian, whose spoken and taunted people while in space's vacuum.
>>
File: Superman vol2 153-07.jpg (277KB, 990x1533px) Image search: [Google]
Superman vol2 153-07.jpg
277KB, 990x1533px
>>86818904
You fucking idiot. The cartoon is not canon.
>>
>>86818876
Pre-crisis he could do whatever he wanted.
Post-crisis he could hold his breath for a long time and survive on less than a normal person would need but needed an air supply for extended trips.
>>
>>86818876
...cant speak with out air...it's purely for communication. the rest of his suit is for stray kryptonite defense.
>>
>>86818876
I watched all of JLU recently and you are lying. Which episode is this?
>>
>>86819458

Not Op but how could you forget this episode?

It's from when Amazo (or whatever it's name is) comes to Earth to kill Lex.
>>
>>86819458
>>86819693
simply titled "The Return".
>>
>>86818876
Are you aware that multiple versions of Superman exist, right?
>>
YOU CAN'T BREATHE ON SPACE, YOU FUUUUUCKERS! THERE'S NO GDDAMN AIR!

SUPERMAN AT BEST HOLDS HIS BREATH!
>>
>>86818876
He doesn't need to breathe in space. There is no air in space so he can't breathe in space but that doesn't matter because he doesn't need to. He doesn't know this.
>>
File: 4554.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
4554.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>86821288
>YOU CAN'T BREATHE ON SPACE, YOU FUUUUUCKERS! THERE'S NO GDDAMN AIR!
There's an air in space museum!
>>
>>86821288
there is no such thing as a complete vacuum. space has minuscule amounts of various elements in it but so very little it's considered a complete vacuum. all that has to be said is he only needs one molecule of oxygen a day to breathe or something.
>>
>>86821288
He's literally spoken in space before. Speaking in space is a legit power. Starfire pointed it out in 52.
>>
He generally can't breathe in space but he can hold his breath for a very long time so it doesn't matter

The DCAU Superman was much weaker than normal and should not be used as an example any more than you'd use golden age pre-flight Superman as a comparison point. They're cool but not generally where he's at.
>>
Comic Superman can survive in space for a long ass time. DCAU Superman either couldn't or needed a suit to help him out sometimes. In that same series he went into space with no suit to stop the Watchtower from destroying a Cadmus base.
>>
Post-Crisis Superman originally had to hold his breath. Later, he learned to do it so well that he might as well have been able to breathe in space.
>>
>>86818876
Yeah, he needs to breath, but he can hold his breath for super long.
>>
They just went over this in Justice League an issue or two ago
When Superman went into the core to stop those bomb things. He said something about how he needs to get air or something
>>
>>86818905

Naw; under the influence of a yellow sun they just don't need to breathe.
>>
File: Superryu.jpg (25KB, 485x350px) Image search: [Google]
Superryu.jpg
25KB, 485x350px
>>86818876
OP, comic writers make shit up as they go along. They are not better than Toriyama. Well at least Toriyama will tell you that he forgot about it and no long care. If you want more consistently in stories, read novels. Then "TEND" to have better accuracy if their canon.
>>
>>86818876
>implying this wasn't just to sell toys
>>
>>86818928
He emits an electromagnetic field that lets him sense far away things, including sound waves.

Superman's powerset is really just energy manipulation but used in a way that amps his physical capabilities.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.