[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are any of these worth reading? How about other John Carpenter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (528KB, 1400x2168px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
528KB, 1400x2168px
Are any of these worth reading? How about other John Carpenter related comics?
>>
>>86814024
The first arc from the Big Trouble in Little China comic was alright, a bit too jokey at times (even more than the movie) but overall decent enough. I haven't read any of the other comics.
>>
>>86814024
The new crossover with Big Trouble In Little China is awesome.
>>
>>86814024
i liked EFNY, but i did not like BTILC

i have the crossover, but haven't read it yet, so i don't know
>>
>>86814024
The anthology thing he did Tales for a Halloween Night was pretty decent. He only wrote one story in it though.
>>
>>86814024
Escape from New York is godly. A bit lax on the art, but the plots are batshit insane and the individual issues feel very dense and packed. Just plain great stuff all around.
Big Trouble is ehhh. I only read the first few arcs and was turned off by them trying to make Jack into someone a bit more special. A lot of references are made to him getting into trouble with supernatural stuff even before the movie and overall he comes off as more cool in an Ash Williams kinda way than as a dude way in over his head. It's fun but it loses some of what made the movie special.
>>
>>86815794
Does it have anything to do with Halloween? The movie I mean.
>>
File: 1475691090650.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1475691090650.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>86815842
I'm going to second this and add the fact that the crossover is fucking neato.
You can read it in >>86759895
>>
>>
>>86815986
Nah. It's basically John Carpenters version of Creepshow.
>>
>>86816089
We need more Kurt Russells
>>
>>86816172
Next crossover should add MacReady and Captain Ron
>>
>>86814024
Are the thing comics any good will we ever get a continuation of those? Does anyone know where I can read the Viking one
>>
>>86814024
Escape From New York was one of the books I most looked forward to, but I've fallen a few months behind thanks to changing LCSs after moving and they've been taking forever to get copies in for me.

Big Trouble In Little China is a bit of a mess. Those Eric Powell covers lured me in, but then it turned out to be written almost exactly like The Goon's goofy parts with BTILC characters tossed in. They changed writers and his first arc was essentially a Family Guy-style pop culture reference overload with Jack Burton being brought to present day. They've now got a really awesome artist and the writer seems to be learning from their mistakes and toning down on the random humor with the current (?) (again, a few months behind) story arc where Jack and an aged Wang storm an international sorcery convention to rescue Margo and Eddie.
>>
>>86816148
That's more along the lines of Bodybags, innit?
>>
>>86816172
>>86816201
I've been saying that the follow-up should involve Snake Plissken, Jack Burton, R.J. MacReady, Stuntman Mike, Captain Ron, Wyatt Earp, and anyone else we can Russell up set on a cosmic collision course in an epic so insane it could only be called "Crisis On Infinite Kurts".
>>
I've read the first four issues of BTILC and I really enjoyed them - enough for me to want to continue reading.

It is a lot more silly and it could have done with distancing itself from the movie, just a wee bit so it could be judged on its own merits, but it picks up right as the movie closes.

The crossover rocked too.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.