[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled, can we agree that although flawed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: 2893014-asm2.jpg (339KB, 1087x697px) Image search: [Google]
2893014-asm2.jpg
339KB, 1087x697px
Now that the dust has settled, can we agree that although flawed in terms of script and tone, the "Amazing Spider-Man" series had some excellent character moments?

>Peter standing up to Flash
>Peter saving the little boy in the burning car
>The tripwire web
>The school fight against the Lizard
>Captain Stacy's death
>Beat-up Peter bringing Aunt May her eggs
>Uncle Ben's voicemail
>The truck chase
>The Times Square battle with Electro
>Harry asking Peter for Spider-Man's blood
>Harry and Electro's team-up
>Gwen's death webhand notwithstanding
>The little boy standing up to the Rhino
>The swings

TL;DR let's talk about what went right.
>>
>>86811108
>can we agree that
>the "Amazing Spider-Man" series had some excellent character moments?

No. But you're free to think whatever you want to.
>>
>>86811108
>>The little boy standing up to the Rhino

no that was awful and I honestly don't remember most of that stuff

Harry and Electro yeah that was cool

I liked Gwen's death. I remember people were certain they wouldn't have the balls to kill her off
>>
>>86811108
They had some good shit but it wasn't enough to overcome the bad or meh shit, let alone the reboot stigma and shadow of previous films

They needed to be Begins and TDK good to do that
>>
>>86811180
>I liked Gwen's death

The actual act of it, the scene itself, was completely shit.
>>
>>86811254
I wouldn't say that but it was way too drawn out

The aftermath with depressed withdrawn peter was the best part
>>
>>86811189
>let alone the reboot stigma

That's one of the big reasons why I just couldn't. Even though as ill-favorable as SM3 was, it was still just too fucking soon for a reboot. That could be why I'm more positive for the MCU Spidey. It's been a more appropriate length of time since SM3 to justify a reboot.
>>
Tell me when one of the Spider Mans uses his webbing as a fleshlight.
>>
>>86811108
Andrew was a GOAT Spidey. Wish Marvel would have just hired him for the MCU, but Tom is a good alternative.
>>
>>86811273
That makes no sense though.
Spider-man 3 to Amazing 1 was 5 years Amazing 2 to Civil War was only 2. 3 for Homecoming. You've waited an even shorter length for this reboot.
>>
>>86811273
B&R to Begins = 8 years
TDKR to BvS = 4 years
TDK to SS = 8 years
SR to MoS = 7 years

The timing is less important than the execution
>>
>>86811108
>webhand
Thanks for the kek, OP. I had forgotten.
>>
>>86811403
>Spider-man 3 to Amazing 1 was 5 years

Exactly. It was too soon. they should've waited at least another four or five years.

> Amazing 2 to Civil War was only 2. 3 for Homecoming. You've waited an even shorter length for this reboot.

Only if you choose to acknowledge AMS. If you completely disregard and try to forget about it, then the time between SM3 and the MCU reboot feels much more appropriate.

>>86811725
>TDKR to BvS = 4 years
That one was too soon to.
>>
>>86812122
That's an arbitrary parameter you got going on there.
>>
>>86811108
>Harry asking Peter for Spider-Man's blood
You really should consider watching more than just comic book movies.

This was objectively terrible.
>>
>>86812122
>Only if you choose to acknowledge AMS. If you completely disregard and try to forget about it, then the time between SM3 and the MCU reboot feels much more appropriate.

If you are going to be that weird about it, why not forget Spiderman had movies before Homecoming if it's going to bother you that much?
>>
>>86811354
>Andrew was a GOAT Spidey

This. Holland is shaping up to be good though.
>>
>>86811108
The ASM series had some of the best Spider-Man moments to date.

However, MCU Spidey has blown all of that out of the water, and we've only gotten (less than) 20 mins of footage.
>>
>>86813485

Nah, his first fight against electro was 10/10.

The civil war fight just left me asking questions.
>>
>>86813443
>why not forget Spiderman had movies before Homecoming if it's going to bother you that much?

Because the Raimi films weren't unbearable pieces garbage like the ASM movies are.
>>
My only problem with the films is that they tried to appeal to the teen drama culture too much. And there were some scenes that were just really weird with odd music choices.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEz_zs67hwY
>>
>>86811180

WEB HAND
>>
>>86813639

When that song started playing I burst out laughing in the theatre. What the fuck???
>>
Could have been worse.
>>
>>86811354
I agree. Shame he was wasted on the ASM series.

Tom is good as younger spidey, Andrew killed it as more older/mature spidey.
>>
CAN WE AGREE THAT ASM 3 WITH THE SINISTER 6 WOULD HAVE BEEN GODLY
>>
>>86817074

No.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.