[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's Hey Arnold!'s 20th anniversary! I (sadly) didn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 1_hey-arnold.jpg (86KB, 670x377px) Image search: [Google]
1_hey-arnold.jpg
86KB, 670x377px
It's Hey Arnold!'s 20th anniversary! I (sadly) didn't get into the show until 2013. While it's not my favorite 90s Nicktoon, I think (in my opinion) it's (objectively) the best 90s Nicktoon along with Rocko's Modern Life. The show had amazing characters and great stories. My favorite character was Helga, because she is a very complex character and she can be pretty funny at times. Helga also has a sad home life. I also loved that it wasn't always focused on Arnold. Characters like Helga, Harold, Sid, Stinky, Gerald, Eugene, etc. have had their own episode. It also had very fun jazz music, which felt very relaxing and fit the mood for the show. I am excited for the Jungle Movie!

Anyways, what are your thoughts on Hey Arnold!'s 20th anniversary?
>>
>>86805854
I don't like using this word very often because it's been run into the ground by "STAY WOKE NIGGUH" twitter people but it was very progressive show and I enjoyed watching it.
>>
Bump.

/co/ would rather bump bait threads than celebrate one of the best Nick shows of all time.

/co/mblr is real
>>
>>86805902
there's always a good version of every overused or irritating buzzword

but yeah I didn't get into it til 2013 either. It just looked so bad back in the day.
>>
>>86805854
>Anyways, what are your thoughts on Hey Arnold!'s 20th anniversary?
Can't wait to see the movie and Hey Arnold was one of those shows that I can still enjoy, even in adulthood.

On par with recess and The Weekenders.

>>86806962
/co/mblr isn't real, people biting bait for the keks and memes involved within said thread is.
>>
File: werefruits.jpg (112KB, 1402x794px) Image search: [Google]
werefruits.jpg
112KB, 1402x794px
>>86805854
Pete & Pete created my love for the slice of life genre and Hey Arnold made sure to reinforce it further.
There's is plenty of memorable moments and characters, I cant pick a single one.
Nick was godlike.
>>
Ghost Train>Four-Eyed Jack>Ghost Bride>Headless Cabbie
>>
>>86805854
The best episodes were the ones where Helga broke into the boarding house.
>>
File: April_Fool's_Day.jpg (27KB, 467x312px) Image search: [Google]
April_Fool's_Day.jpg
27KB, 467x312px
Those last couple of episodes are really interesting, knowing they take place after the movie.
>>
>>86807913
It's telling that I dislike the genre of their lives entirely, but I still enjoy watching the slice of said life.
>>
It's an overused term but Unique best describes the series.

Good writing.
Great music.
Characters you cared about.
Situations you can relate to.
No magic powers or talking animals.
Lasted just about the right amount of time and had few weak episodes.
Left on a cliffhanger that grew the fandom to a point it helped resolve the cliffhanger.

Sometimes a show gets it right- comedy, emotions, reality relative to the universe it inhabits and a great story.

Happy Birthday, Arnold.
>>
The strenght of Helga's character is her deceiving design. Her orginal role is that of bully's, which is why she looks like skinny Nelson. Unappealing and mockable.
>>
>>86809113
she's kind of a few different things rolled together, which I think worked well
she's too shrimpy to be an actual physically intimidating bully, yet we see she accomplishes things just fine with vocal threats.
she isn't one of those 'popular bullies with an entourage' because actually she seems to be utterly friendless aside from Phoebe, which is exactly what should realistically happen when you treat everyone like shit.
she dresses like a cutesy little girl, but otherwise is scowly and unkempt, neither of which really go with her outward persona, so there's at least three real helgas just from basic interaction with her, and then there's one more underneath that nobody gets to know about.
>>
I didn't fully appreciate this show as a kid, but now as an adult I really like it.
>>
Recurring question: What was Brainy's fucking deal?
>>
>>86809963
He was that kid who thought being creepy and stalkery was enough.
>>
File: 1475553204212.png (2MB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1475553204212.png
2MB, 1200x1600px
>>86805854
>Muh nostalgia
>Muh Jungle movie
>Muh Pataki's {okay. Maybe not}

Man I loved this show. If the new stuff goes through I'll totally go see it.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.