[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alex Wilder from Runaways is coming back again. This time, he'll

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 12

Alex Wilder from Runaways is coming back again.
This time, he'll be reforming the Pride in Harlem, and he'll face off againt Luke Cage and Iron Fist.

>"We’re eventually going to learn what happened to while he was dead, and everything he learned, because he spent six years in hell,” “He’s a cross between the original Doctor Doom meets Childish Gambino. He’s starting the new Pride. He’s recruiting people, and he’s got a strategy where everybody has to work for him.”
>>
>>86802419
So what's the bet on none of the Runaways showing up for this
>>
inb4 bitching Runawaysfags

I like how they're actually getting into the Marvel U
>>
>>86802419
Wtf is with his face
>>
>>86802461
He's black.
>>
>>86802448
>So what's the bet on none of the Runaways showing up for this
only the girls to fall all oer themselves for him
>>
So how's he gonna die
>>
>>86802419
>he spent six years in hell
That's, uhh, not how the Marvel timeline works.
>>
>>86802419
Also, Cottonmouth, Black Mariah, Tombostone and Mr. Fish (with a redesign) will probably be part of this New Pride.
>>
>>86802419
>He’s a cross between the original Doctor Doom meets Childish Gambino
Wow, what a way to instantly not sell me on a story.
>>
>>86802487
To be fair, it's been established in some stories that time goes by differently in Hell.
>>
>>86802487
Time can work differently in hell
>>
>>86802489
I'm digging the Mr. Fish redesign. Kind of surprised they didn't synergy up Cottonmouth.
>>
>>86802521
>>86802519
Fair enough.
>>
File: inflated slut.png (288KB, 402x438px) Image search: [Google]
inflated slut.png
288KB, 402x438px
>The runaways

Who gives a shit, Hopeless ruin anything about them.
>>
>>86802527
It would be pretty hard to jutify a bald old man with a white mustache and serrated teeth suddenly looking like a normal black guy in his 30s. Besides, the comics design is more distinct and recognizable.
>>
>>86802584
Synergy
>>
>>86802489
Oh, fuck no! Inferior Catwoman again!
Why do you put her in every book, Marvel? You can't even use her in your movies!
>>
>>86802489
Who's the guy under Tombstone and next to Mr. Fish supposed to be?
>>
>>86802627
>You can't even use her in your movies!
Yes they can, Sony and Disney reached a deal.
>>
>>86802419
Who the fuck wanted this?
>>
>>86802419
>“He’s a cross between the original Doctor Doom meets Childish Gambino

>We are already actively courting Donald Glover to play him. Don't miss Alex Wilder's upcoming stealth cameo in Spider-Man: Homecoming.
>>
>>86802634
Diamondback's accountant Slick, maybe?
>>
>>86803054
Shit. I mean Cottonmouth's accountant.
>>
>>86802419
eeeeeehhh
>>
>>86802489
>Cottonmouth, Black Mariah
S Y N E R G Y
Y
N
E
R
G
Y
>>
So I didn't read it. How did his reunion with him and Minoru go?

The only panel I saw was her insta-dropping her panties to get to him.
>>
>>86802838
oh, fuck, why do I get forgetting that?
I hope they won't waste a Netflix spot for her
>>
>>86803089
Except they look nothing like the Netflix versions. Have you not considered that maybe they're being used because they're classic Luke Cage villains, which is the exact same reason Netflix used them?
Now if they suddenly brought back Diamondback too, then you might be on to something.
>>
Honestly I'm not fucking with the lack of afro hair, gapped teeth, and enlarged lips.

Yeah it's great he's back and all but I dunno why he needed a redesign.
>>
I mean at least it's something.
>>
>>86803568
That's what we said about Arena and look how that turned out
>>
>>86803164
What? Alex and Nico reunited? In what comic?
>>
File: CuBf3x5W8AE3VTX.jpg-large.jpg (155KB, 666x1024px) Image search: [Google]
CuBf3x5W8AE3VTX.jpg-large.jpg
155KB, 666x1024px
>>86802489
Glad to see Luke's villains getting more use.
>>
>>86803678
I can at least be a little hopeful since I actually like Power man and Iron Fist.

I've already given up hope for anything good happening to the runaways kids so the only thing I can do now is hope they show up in other books and not get killed.
>>
>Evil Alex
Let this shit die
>>
>>86803722
>Terrifying weirdos in masks with cybernetic bits and horrible mutations
>and one ugly fat black woman with missing teeth in a garish dress
I love when realistic street level villains try to hang out with the weirder ones.
>>
Only David Walker can make me uninterested in Luke Cage villains coming back
>>
>>86803839
But he IS evil.
>>
File: Flashmob_(Earth-616).jpg (239KB, 1280x1057px) Image search: [Google]
Flashmob_(Earth-616).jpg
239KB, 1280x1057px
>>86803722
>>
>>86802419
yawn
>>
>>86803722
I loved that sequence in Earth's Mightiest Heroes where Luke and Danny fight a shitload of their respective villains.
>>
>>86803089

Cage doesn't exactly has a long list of villains.
>>
>>86803054
I think it's Piranha Jones
>>
>>86803699

Perhaps it was Avengers Undercover?

I honestly cannot remember but dude had returned from Hell fresh out the gate and the first thing she did was run over to kiss him. I dunno what happened after.
>>
>>86802634
http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Raymond_Jones_(Earth-616)

>>86804289
Yup
>>
>>86802448
Is this the artist that did the crappy "Runaways" during Battleworld? That at least had (a very badly portrayed) Molly.
>>
>>86803846
>Implying Black Mariah isn't the most realistic villain out of the bunch
I've seen more angry fat black women roaming the streets than I've seen fish monsters.
>>
>>86803699
Avengers Underground

it was quickly cancelled
>>
File: wd2.jpg (198KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wd2.jpg
198KB, 1920x1080px
>>86802419
>Alex Wilder from Runaways is coming back again.

Is he leading a multi ethnic group of hackers?
>>
>>86802419
Real talk though how is this guy a threat to Luke cage and iron fist?
>>
>>86804663
With the help of other villains most likely
>>
>>86804608
Well there's one white woman >>86802489
>>
>marvel shitting on Runaways even more

How can be one publisher so loathsome?
>>
>>86804913
How is it shitting on Runaways? BKV already established that Alex was a piece of shit.
>>
>>86804913
Nigga this is probably the best treatment a Runaways character had in years.
>>
>>86804913
>A marvel villain being brought back as a villain

Why do people who don't read comics complain abut them?
>>
>>86802489
>the new Black Mariah

T H I C C
H
I
C
C
>>
>>86804204
What about Iron Fist?
>>
>>86804419
So Luke Cage has TWO villains that are black crime bosses with sharp teeth?
>>
>>86806971
It gets really awkward when they go to the same party.
>>
>>86802489
The dramatic return of Black Cat's cleavage
>>
>>86802419
>picking up on the worst thread from Avengers Undercover

Aw shit, nigga, what did you do?
>>
>>86806971
They seem to be running with Tombstone being a Cage villain now, so make that three black crime bosses with sharp teeth.
>>
Wonder if this is where Danny's suicidal tendencies get explored.
>>
File: 250px-Runaways09.jpg (25KB, 250x371px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Runaways09.jpg
25KB, 250x371px
>>86802419
As a runaway fan a couple of problems here. Alex lived in Malibu, was a fanboy/gamer. Really bothers me seeing that he is a shoehead swagfag kid. One of the reasons I liked the Runaways was that took place in Cali and not New York like everything in Marvel does.

>he spent six years in hell
Are they going to explain why he transferred out of purgatory?
>>
>>86807802
>Are they going to explain why he transferred out of purgatory?
Daniel Heslstrom somehow got his hands on his soul
>>
>>86802503
Fucking this.
>>
>>86807802
>Really bothers me seeing that he is a shoehead swagfag kid

Where the hell are you getting this from?
Do you see the room this nigga is in?
>>
>>86808150
Yeah your right. I take it back, just something about those shoes I hate. Not a fan of the way his face look either.
>>
>>86808266
>Not a fan of the way his face look either.
It's how the artist draws all black people.
>>
>>86807951
>Daniel Heslstrom
You fucked up your spelling of Daimon Hellstorm
>>
>>86806261

I think he has even less.
>>
>>86807802

Like I said I am really not feeling his new look facial wise. Nigga was fine as is. Looks like Angstrom's bratty little brother now.
>>
>>86806971
Just wait till Marvel folds Barracuda into 616 to tie into Netflix Punisher, then we'll be up to three.
>>
>>86807802

I wouldn't worry too much. They said they're going for Doctor Doom meets Childish Gambino. Donald Glover may never admit it but that dude is hella nerdy.
>>
>>86802419
The only respect i have for the character was because he bang Nico Minoru. Otherwise i dont care what happen with his character after Runaways.
>>
>>86802454
>I love shit because it has characters names on it

I love Runaways because of how well BKV wrote the characters and their relationships. More so than any other "family" in comics, the Runaways seemed like a group that truly needed each other to survive. Having Nico abandon her responsibility of leading the group to join A-force, felt totally contrary to the character. Victor as a drug addict that turns up to kill Visions kid? Totally unthinkable for the kid who was programmed to be goodie superhero nerd. Now Alex is back and starting a Pride that in no way reflects the more apologetic Alex we saw stuck in Limbo?

I'd rather they'd have just disappeared from the marvel U until someone wanted to restart their own book.
>>
Why does Marvel uses Childish Gambino as a reference for all it's black characters? Is it because he's super white?
>>
>>86812505

i think to reflect his multifaceted talent. or hes the only young black dude they know
>>
File: AWILDER.jpg (13KB, 240x327px) Image search: [Google]
AWILDER.jpg
13KB, 240x327px
>>86802419
> "because he spent six years in hell"

are Marvel writers functional illiterates?
>>
File: Doom.jpg (38KB, 650x430px) Image search: [Google]
Doom.jpg
38KB, 650x430px
>>86802419

So he's MF Doom?
That actually sounds pretty good.
>>
>>86812563
Avengers Undercover established that it was hell. Walker is just following up on that.

The six years thing is weird
>>
File: absolutely phazon.gif (2MB, 357x238px) Image search: [Google]
absolutely phazon.gif
2MB, 357x238px
>>86812600

>Following up on anything Hopeless wrote
>>
>>86807802
I think it was already established on Avengers Undercover he made a pact with Hellstrom to escape Nothingness (where he was trapped)
>>
>>86812600
My question stands though, as Hopeless is a marvel writer and seems to be a functional illiterate if he read that page of Runaways and thought it meant Alex was in Hell.
>>
File: CYFm6VyWEAQgjN8.jpg large.jpg (35KB, 506x355px) Image search: [Google]
CYFm6VyWEAQgjN8.jpg large.jpg
35KB, 506x355px
>>86812588

>comparing garbage ass Childish Gambino to the super villain, MF Doom
>>
>>86812640

gambino is actually pretty good, and not as lazy as mf doom
>>
>>86812625
Are you still in denial that every single thing that happened on Arena/Undercover is and forever will be canon no matter how much all the babies on /co/ whine about it?

>>86812629
See >>86812627
>>
>>86812625
Ignoring it doesn't fix anything

The only way to recover is to actually address the issue and write a solution
>>
>>86802419
>“He’s a cross between the original Doctor Doom meets Childish Gambino.

Wow that's insanely cringy.
>>
I've had this idea for a Runaways soft-reboot for years so I'm just going to post it.

I'd start with an arc entitled "Whatever Happened to Victor Mancha?"

It begin with Victor waking up in the streets of Miami, he'd wander the beach before coming upon the Miami House completely intact. There he'd encounter the rest of the Runaways with no memory of the entire series. It appear as if none of the series had ever happened. The characters have all reverted to their pre-series personalities (example Karolina is still closeted). Victor is stunned by this because he still has all his memories of the series, and he's even more stunned to see all the deceased characters are alive. The Parents, Alex, and Gert are all alive and well. In this world they're all just family friends on a vacation in Malibu. Victor can't handle this and begins investigating the parents to prove they're The Pride. Nothing comes of it as in this world, the parents have no dark secret, they're totally normal.
>>
>>86813148
cont.

Victor gives up and leaves the families alone, arguing to himself that they're all better off in this version of reality. Until he begins to see visions of Klara screaming in pain. The paradox of klara's existence in this time after the events of Runaways have been undone leaves her in a torturous limbo.

Victor returns to the families and tries vehemently to get the Runaways to remember his version of events. That's when he's confronted by the person who changed history, Nico's grandmother as the new Witch Breaker. She and an unknown person made a deal to change reality, so Witch Breaker could have better conditions to groom Nico to be her apprentice, and he could replace the original Pride with himself.

Victor confronts Witch Breaker and doubles his efforts to break through to the Runaways. Eventually the fake reality starts to wear down. All of the resurrected characters turn out to not be originals, but copies made by Witch Breaker.
>>
>>86813249
Finally the characters memories come back to them, and the fake reality collapses around them. Now the characters are all together again and have a renewed interest in remaining together.

The series would then go into exploring who Witch Breaker's co-conspirator was. It be revealed as Chase's uncle, the one who appeared in the very last issue of the last volume for no fucking reason. He'd be developed as a CEO style super scientist, and he'd create a corporate version of the Pride.

This is all contingent on King not killing Victor in the finale of Vision, but if Victor lives through it I'd just totally ignore the drug induced murder bit because I still hold it as out of character.
>>
>>86812505
Because he was the guy the raised the big stink about how Spider-Man could be black, and Bendis probably owes him money for Miles Morales?
Thread posts: 95
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.