[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did they waste half of Iron Fist's supporting cast on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

File: dfnc.jpg (286KB, 520x1214px) Image search: [Google]
dfnc.jpg
286KB, 520x1214px
Why did they waste half of Iron Fist's supporting cast on their other TV shows? I know Luke Cage had more than enough characters in his solo comics including police detectives.
>>
Doesn't matter, the tv shows aren't canon.

Iron Fist movie when?
>>
>>86798002

Meeeeeeeeeme
>>
>>86798002
They could make a great movie just based on Danny climbing all the floors of the Rand-Meachum building trying to reach Harold.
>>
>>86797991
Well, it's not like Misty and lawyer lady can't reappear in other shows. The latter was even in DD S2. Do we have a casting list yet?
>>
>>86798002
You stupid nerd, why would they throw away money like that?

Think before you open your mouth.
>>
>>86798245
They can, but as far as I've heard they won't be appearing in Iron Fist.
>>
Scarfe was fucking fantastic so im ok with that
>>
>>86798245
>Iron Fist no has another hamfisted lesbian love triangle sub-storyline nobody wants to watch

How about no?
>>
Misty was a cop before Danny met her. No problem with them using that iin another series
>>
>>86798287
They haven't even drawn up plans for S2, and it'll be years before they do that.
>>
>>86797991
After Agents of Shield Marvel learned that viewer is too dumb for obscure characters, they want characters that are IMPORTANT.
>>
>Misty going full dumbass at the end.

Why?
>>
>>86798304
She worked for his dad, so it's less "lesbian love triangle" and more "hilariously amoral lawyer does increasingly shady shit to help the hero".
>>
>>86798011
Only if it's as full of deathtraps as the comic version was.
>>
>>86798287
Hogarth is confirmed for Iron Fist though.
>>
>>86798443
>Why?

You don't get robot arms by not making mistakes.
>>
>>86797991
>I know Luke Cage had more than enough characters in his solo comics including police detectives.

Yeah, but they were all white, and I challenge you to name a white person from Luke Cage who wasn't at least morally compromised.
>>
>>86798443
>at the end
More like every single time. She was incompetent as fuck.

>>86799271
Does Clair's mom counts?
>>
>>86798002
>the incident
>hammer tech
>straight up say tony stark
>>
>>86799271
In all fairness out sode of pops and luke you cant find many black people ether
>>
>>86800884
In my understanding movies are canon to the TV Shows, but until the TV Shows are acknowledged by the movies they'll remain as non-canon for /co/.
>>
>>86800884
>none of the tv characters will show up in the movies
>same actors playing different roles in the shows and in the movies

it's almost a parallel universe
>>
Will Iron Fist have any sex scenes and gore or will it be the lightest show so far. Actually kinda hoping for the latter.

Also as long as we get Misty/Danny goodness later in the Defenders then I'm fine.
>>
>>86798292
this

best role along with mah nigga Shades
>>
>>86801084
>mah nigga Shades
Great taste, anon. Shades was based, except for the time he was beaten by a nurse and an armless cop.
>>
>>86799271
Bailey, the police tech guy that helped Misty in the second half. That's pretty much it for named characters.

>>86800838
Claire's mom is Hispanic, so it really depends on who you ask.
>>
>>86797991
Are you stupid?

Each of the defenders is tied to the others through their supporting cast.
>>
File: Luke-Cage-Diamondback.jpg (18KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Luke-Cage-Diamondback.jpg
18KB, 400x400px
I should probably just ask the Luke Cage general, but was Diamondback a corny motherfucker in the comics as well? I really couldn't take this goon seriously once he actually showed up on screen.
>>
Iron Fist is going to have all of kun lun, plus Shang Chi, Colleen, Hogarth, probably Madame gao again, Claire, and whoever else they feel like introducing

It's not like his show will be lacking for characters
>>
>>86801140
It was pretty stupid. I think they wasted the character a bit, cause
1. he wasn't scared of Diamondback at all
2. he barely acted and only manipulated the hag
so I supposed he'll be getting some really badass closing scene. He was really cool though.

>>86801165
>Claire's mom is Hispanic, so it really depends on who you ask
yeah, if she shot a thug in self-defence you bet your ass she'd become white all of a sudden
>>
>>86801071
>>same actors playing different roles in the shows and in the movies
Even counting Stan Lee, Joe Russo and Nathan Fillion as exceptions, by that logic CA:TFA and GotG wouldn't be canon to each other. Nor CA:TFA and Spider-Man Homecoming, nor TiH and Spider-Man Homecoming, nor GotG and Age of Ultron
>>
>>86798292
well besides the fact he was pointlessly corrupt
>>
>>86801529
This.

>Dude, corrupt white partner lmao
>>
>>86801529
Yeah, I wish they just gave him a throwaway line as to why he did what he did.

They gave him some background with his kid... and then nothing.
>>
>>86801078
Simone is here for it.

http://m.uk.ign.com/videos/2016/10/06/luke-cage-simone-missick-on-misty-knights-easter-eggs-and-marvel-future

>Around 9/10 minutes.
>>
>>86798002
Part of Agents of Shield Season 2 was Coulson building the helicarrier for Fury in AGE OF ULTRON
>>
>>86801242
Pretty much, I'd say... but he was only in one issue, wasn't Luke's half brother, didn't quote scripture, but DID get hoisted by his own petard.
>>
>>86802417

His comic origin story was far better, and he was much more evil there too
>>
>>86797991
Trinity is going to be in IF though. Scarfe dying sucked, but Ben Urich died in DD so it's not the first time they pulled that shit on these shows.
>>
>>86803219
I really liked his origin and Diamonback being his crazy half-brother for some reason.
>>
>>86801319
>2. he barely acted and only manipulated the hag

How?
>>
>>86804288
He had an air of a big-time hitman first he appeared, and he only had one action sequence afair. But he did pull the strings first on Cottonmouth and then on his cousin perfectly

Also when Diamondback is fucking hyped to be that psycho mobster everybody piss their pants before the exchange happens:
Willis: Did you forgot who you're talking to?
Shades: Did you?
That's pretty badass all right, but still no action.
>>
>>86797991
Hogarth will be in Iron Fist.
>>
>>86803219
His comic origin was as flimsy as his tv origin
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.