[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>TFW nobody on social media ships Luke Cage with Jessica Jones

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 8

>TFW nobody on social media ships Luke Cage with Jessica Jones
>Claire Temple is back in comics
Please can we finally end this shit. Bendis can't have that much power anymore
>>
Didn't it already end with her comic this week?
>>
At his point people on social media only know the show exists and those people are in it for the racial elements. Of course they're not going to acknowledge a while woman.
>>
>>86794593

who gives a shit about shippers?
>>
>>86795212
Ritter is clearly Jewish
>>
>>86795212
Did you guys feel like the show was too topical? My brother was reading some FB complaints earlier bitching about the focus on social issues but I didn't feel like it was particularly heavy-handed. Cage himself is a departure from the comics but I still felt like his character was pretty thoughtfully considered and didn't come across as a mouthpiece.
>>
>>86795212
Despite their social justice tendencies, fangirls don't like to use black males on their shipping. Asian and latinos are fine but blacks don't
>>
>>86794593
What? No! Jessica Jones and Luke Cage are like the only superhero couple that don't get split up. I would stop reading Marvel if they split.
>>
>>86794593
Luke is a player he doesn't get tied down by anyone.

Not even by Danny.
>>
>>86795401
This, Sam had more chemistry with Steve than anyone in those movies bit fangirls still wanted Steve with the robotic rat tailed killer fuckboy because "muh bucky" I hope the fucker stays frozen.
>>
am I racist for not being interested in this show, or in the black panther movie?
>>
>>86795500
Nah. Though the show is really good.
>>
>inb4 they start shipping Jessica with Peter
>Peter has to take care of Luke's kid
>>
>>86795500
I mean are you uninterested because you just aren't interested or because of a deep loathing of black people?
>>
>>86795378
>Cage himself is a departure from the comics but I still felt like his character was pretty thoughtfully considered and didn't come across as a mouthpiece.
His speech in the final episode was pretty heavy handed. It felt like a rehearsed monologue, not something he just went into on the spot. I cringed pretty hard.

Overall he behaved noticeably holier-than-thou. The whole thing about not wanting to be called "nigga" (as if that word even carries any weight between blacks), his strange reverence for black history at really odd times, etc.
>>
>>86795644
>Overall he behaved noticeably holier-than-thou. The whole thing about not wanting to be called "nigga" (as if that word even carries any weight between blacks), his strange reverence for black history at really odd times, etc.

It would point to him engaging in respectability politics more than anything.
>>
>>86795500
I loved Luke Cage and Black Panther is probably my most anticipated upcoming movie, but I don't think you're racist for not being excited. They haven't promoted them nearly as well as they could've, and most people don't know BP outside of Civil War.

DESU I'm just kind of a Wakanda fanboy. Luke Cage mostly gets me because I really dig the street level vibe it gives off. Shit's cash.
>>
>>86795674
I'm black and am eh about Black Panther, but I don't really care for him as a character.
>>
>>86795711
Have you tried priest's run?
>>
>>86794707
Jessica has an ongoing?
>>
>>86795711
I think the thing you have to understand about BP when he's written well is hes not supposed to be 'Black captain america', he's an african prince, not an african american. Sure he's black, but he's a competent black man without much of the baggage many black character have to bear. Shit's pretty cool if you're into that political intrigue stuff and like africa outside of the 'colonial shithole' context.
>>
>>86795733
>>86795853
I just tried the newest BP run. I maybe read 3 issues but it just wasn't clicking with me. I'll maybe give it another shot.
>>86795744
Yeah, It just started. It's got Bendis and the original artist, so if you liked Alias, you'll like this.
>>
>>86794593
Did you miss the fact that Bendis is currently writing a Jessica Jones ongoing whose first arc is about her and Cage seperating.
>>
>>86795941
Why are they separating
>>
>>86795979
>asking a question about the plot
>It's Bendis
>only one issue is out

Guess what.
>>
>>86796006
Was there a reason given in the book?
>>
>>86795378
I think it was more or less the correct amount of topical. It never derailed the plot but they also weren't afraid to touch on the issues. At worst, there were a few moments when Luke went full Cap and tried to drop an inspirational speech.
>>
>>86795500
Not necessarily, but probably.
>>
>>86794593
Who is Claire Temple?
>>
>>86796047
Nope. All we know is Jessica was sent to Super Jail and just got out.
>>
>>86795619
Luke Cage is pretty boring I'm not interested in heroes who just punch people and I think kings are a stupid so Black Panther is pretty boring
Mack is super cool on AoS though
>>
>>86796091
As in carol thought she was gonna do some thing?
>>
>>86796107
Don't know. Last I saw she was being a Mom in Power Man and Iron Fist. She hasn't played a role in CW2 and only recently (In Spider-Man) did she start Alias back up when she was investigating Miles Morales' life.
>>
>>86795979
Based on the first issue, she seems to have lost her child. Everyone's asking where Danille is, from friends to the father of her child, and not even her internal narration answers the question.
>>
Here's a link to Jessica Jones #1 senpai >>86754980
>>
>>86795671
I don't see it as respectability politics. Maybe I'm splitting hairs, but he isn't asking blacks to change their culture, if anything he celebrates black culture, or that black people only deserve respect by adhering to "white" standards. He wants us to live up to the legacy of our ancestors. It's more about respecting and doing right by each other.
>>
>>86796090
Luke Cage's original love interest in the comics. Debuted in Hero For Hire #2. She's played by Rosario Dawson in the Netflix series.
>>
Its painfully obvious they arent doing that horrendous interracial fetish pandering shit

Luke and Jessica arent getting together
Danny and Misty arent getting together

Thank god
>>
>>86795644
Not all black people like using that word. There is a minority in the black community that sees it as a word that blacks use to subconsciously keep themselves down. I'm not going to say if it's right or wrong.
>>
>>86796278
>Its painfully obvious they arent doing that horrendous interracial fetish pandering shit
>Luke and Jessica arent getting together
>Danny and Misty arent getting together
>Thank god
What? Luke and Jessica have been married for over a Decade. How is that pandering? Do you also consider Cloak and Dagger pandering?
>>
>>86795425
> I would stop reading Marvel if they split.

get ready to switch to DC then
>>
>>86796323
yes, considering they've had a platonic relationship since recently
>>
>>86796430
i mean until recently
>>
>>86796430
>platonic
>Cloak and Dagger
>ever

I don't want to alarm you, sir...but I'm pretty sure you ended up on the wrong Earth last time there was a crossover because your world's history don't match ours.
>>
>>86796323
Didn't Danny and Misty start hooking up in the fuckin' 70's or 80's?
>>
>>86795671
Him not wanting to be called a Nigger isn't respectability politics.

He was also raised by a Preacher who lived through the civil rights so it makes sense that he would revere civil right figures and for him to have some conservative views
>>
>>86796471
>Nigger
It's "nigga". When said between minorities, nigga is practically a term of endearment. It's like the use of "fag" on 4chan.
>>
File: sex cave.jpg (110KB, 715x614px) Image search: [Google]
sex cave.jpg
110KB, 715x614px
>>86795425
Joe Queseda is going to get us back to the sex cave even if it kills Marvel.
>>
>>86796091
We also know she took her kid and I'm guessing hid her somewhere because she sure as fuck isn't letting Cage see him.
>>
>>86796452
They've never been a couple until the ultimate universe.
>>
>>86796470

It was a very early ship, yes. She ruined a deep undercover assignment in the tropics just to run back to Danny the minute she learned he was in danger.
>>
BIG
>>
>>86795500
Don't worry Anon, I'm not interested either. Some things appeal to us, some things don't.
>>
>>86795401
Gross. Blacks are icky! Ewww!
>>
>>86796523
It's endearment for the younger generation but to the people thst experienced actual racism it's still like a trigger word.

We can't say nigga in front of my grandparents, my cousin said it once and I swear if it wasn't for my mother and uncle he would have gotten whipped by my Grandma.

My Great Grandfather hated it too, just as much as the word nigger which he really had to endure being called when he served dyring WW II.
>>
>>86796622
IRON
>>
>>86795853
"baggage"

>oh no my ancestors were enslaved 150 years ago, how will I cope

IDK like everyone else whose ancestors got enslaved ages ago?
>>
File: 147338261130275.png (1MB, 968x940px) Image search: [Google]
147338261130275.png
1MB, 968x940px
>>86796090
Night Nurse, at least they changed her style & made her qt now
>>
>>86796170
>danille is gone
>jessica is an unlikable turbo bitch
>every ine hates her
>luke and her have split

Its like a cbr wet dream.

Why bendis gotta ruin some of the good things hes done
>>
>>86796470
70s. But Misty was seduced back away from miscegenation by black supercop Tyrone King in the 80s.
>>
>>86796676
Actually, Night Nurse was a seperate (trio of) character(s) that they merged with Claire Temple for Netflix.
>>
>>86796405
Are we sure marvel isnt the universe dr. Manhattan has stolen love from?
>>
>>86796734
>away from miscegenation

Too late. You can't un-have sex.
>>
>>86796676
Still not as cute as waifu Dawson.
>>
File: star-wars-poe-finn-155789.png (341KB, 655x334px) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-poe-finn-155789.png
341KB, 655x334px
>>86795401
Well after Star Wars and Civil War, I'm not so sure about that anymore.
>>
>>86796688
It's weird because this is the best Marvel writing Bendis has done in years but I hate the plot.
>>
>>86796676
I don't get the point of turning her into a Doctor. Actually now thinking about it I don't think there's ever been a /co/ character whose occupation was nurse practitioner.
>>
After the people getting pissy about the actor being married to a white woman in real life, I would not be surprised if people ignored Luke and Jessica.

>>86795401
Son. SON.

Poe and Finn got mainstream coverage and even the actors commented on the shipping.

Hell even T'Challa and Sam have popped up in a number of fic.
>>
File: Claire_Temple_(August_1972).jpg (42KB, 250x374px) Image search: [Google]
Claire_Temple_(August_1972).jpg
42KB, 250x374px
>>86796990
She was originally a doctor. I don't know why they demoted her to a nurse for live-action.
>>
>>86795378
Overall I thought it was well done. You could recognize the social commentary and it wasn't too preachy early on. Later on it got maybe a bit too, as Luke himself said, "on the nose." They mentioned hero for hire as a gag once, but later it was all about him being a black hero in a hoodie and a bulletproof brother.

>>86796209
There were some interesting moments. There was a theme about fathers and what they pass on. Baseball stated as a game you don't see in Harlem because the fathers aren't there to pass it down. Luke's father passed down things to Luke like standing up for himself, because he's "a Lucas" but the absence of fatherly love is apparently the key to his half-brother's descent. And yet overall what their father passed onto them was conflict and hate.

Pops acting as a kind of surrogate father figure for the whole community. It's in his name, after all, and the in-universe explanation only gives it duality rather than eliminates the connection. His name is really derived from a history of violence-turned-good. His own past is something he offers as a kind of lesson to everyone else, a legacy he's passing on. The baseball dad himself having a respectable past but leaving his daughter only disappointment. And is daughter almost ruined her life, in a church at a funeral service, no less. Claire and Misty defeat Shades there's that bit where they credit an uncle and father respectively for passing on what they know of self-defense (some people probably got pissed that a female empowerment moment was ruined by "crediting" males).
>>
>>86797031
>T'Challa and Sam
>Not Steve and Sam

See, now that's racist.
>>
>>86794593
>>86794593
The only person who ships Luke Cage with Jessica Jones is Bendis.
>>
>>86797871
Puts her a bit more in-the-trenches, so to speak. Her role is less as a nurse and more a triage medic for heroes. Even if she were a full doctor she'd behave the same way, but I think perhaps people would expect more of her being able to just poke and sew and people would be alright. Being a nurse it's easier to understand her doing patch jobs. It's shitty, but I think it's just about people's perceptions rather than the reality of the jobs. At least she gets recognized, like by the guy who empowered Luke hoping she'd stick by him.

Even then all of her patients have had enhanced healing, even Matt whose meditation and focused senses can speed his recovery.
>>
>>86797871
A doctor working as many shifts, doing as much work and having conversations with patients would be too unrealistic for the show.
>>
>>86796734
Daily reminder that actually creating a new identity for the sole purpose of cucking your arch-enemy, and actually SUCCEEDING will forever be the mark of pettiness that would make Thawne applaud.
>>
>>86794593
>Trying to pair of a nigga with another nigga's woman
The fuck is wrong witchu?
>>
>>86795644
>The whole thing about not wanting to be called "nigga"
I don't see how that make him "hollier than you" no one like being insulted.
>>
>>86796676
>>86797871
>at least they changed her style & made her qt now
She looks exactly the same desu, the only thing they did was switch out the afro
>>
>>86795425
They don't split up because Marvel is fantasy, and a white woman with a mulatto kid being a single mom is too close to non-fiction.
>>
>>86794593
Isn't their alt-grown up daughter showing up soon? Wonder if she'll have anything to say about the relationship's future.

Hope they do break up so Luke can be free to go after more interesting pussy. She-Hulk or maybe he can go cuck Blue Marvel's old man ass. Or go cuck Black Panther by getting with Storm. Bring Jean Grey back to life so he can go cuck Cyclops.

Or we could just let him and Danny finally be happy and keep Luke single and pure
>>
>>86797871
Because female doctors are less novel now than they were in 1972?
>>
File: 015.jpg (22KB, 184x225px) Image search: [Google]
015.jpg
22KB, 184x225px
>>86795401
>nobody likes niggers
>not even the people defending them
>>
>>86795500
I can't bring myself to watch Luke Cage for some reason and I wasn't hyped about it at all, probably because I was pretty disappointed with DD S2 and JJ wasn't that good.

Looking forward to Black Panther mostly because of Coogler, I loved Creed. Surprisingly enough I'm the most excited for Thor Ragnarok in Phase 3, which is weird because I didn't care about the Thor movies at all. Waititi as director, no Jane and Darcy and the film taking place in space 90% of the time makes me interested.
>>
>worry that loli has ruined my dick for real women
>watch Luke Cage
>cannot stop staring at Misty's impossible gropable breasts

Thank you, magical negroes
>>
>>86795425
Reed and Sue are still together last I checked.

So are Titannia and the Absorbing Man.
>>
>>86799261
>Ignoring civil war and star wars
>still
Plus they're technically just black guys, not nigs.
>>
File: 20140513-SGE.jpg (43KB, 700x393px) Image search: [Google]
20140513-SGE.jpg
43KB, 700x393px
>>86800474
>they're technically just black guys, not nigs.
>>
>>86794593

god hates dads.jpg
>>
>>86800718
You are aware theres a diffrence right
>>
>>86800944
Only aware that really insecure white people and uncle toms want there to be.
>>
>>86801002
Wrong

No one hates niggers more then black people
>>
>>86801024
Oh look he thinks a Chris rock comedy bit is reality
>>
>>86801002
A nigger, if must be used, is the worst of the worst.
They're the dumbasses that make being black harder with their retarded antics, or really, just anyone, regardless of race, just being extremely dumb or ignorant.
No matter how desensitized you might be to "nigga", never, EVER accept being or being called a nigger.
>>
>>86801147
Its funny cause its true
>>
>>86797031
Jar Jar Abrams was shipping Finn/Rey with all his strengths but the reception was underwhelming. Even Finn's actor was annoyed with the gay shipping until someone on Disney put the nigger on his place. Gay shipping works under different rules, the bottom is the self-insert and Finn was obviously a bottom
>>
>>86801189
Of course, there's always "my nigger", anyway, so like all things, context, or whatever.
It don't matter. None of this matters.
>>
My black friends use the word nigga in exactly the same way way my non-black friends use dude. In context it's really not the same word as nigger used by trumptards.
>>
>>86796688
To be honest. Jessica was an unlikable bitch in Alias so that still the same, but it's like she lost all character growth.
>>
>>86801337
I like to say "dis nigga..." a lot when my friends do or say something silly. Also, no one use the "er" when saying "my Nigga."
>>
>>86795378
>Cage himself is a departure from the comics

This. I'm surprised how drastically different he was
>>
>>86795481
Go back to your bottle Tony
>>
>>86802995
I have no idea how Cage is supposed to be. In some comics he's like this "Shaft-like" character, in some he just a badass who doesn't take shit, and in the most recent Power Man and Iron fist, he's a Dad trying to make money and help his friends. I don't think Marvel really cares all that much.
>>
>>86803244
different stages in his life.
>>
>>86803244

I don't see how those are mutually exclusive.

Netflix Cage felt different than all of that.
>>
Seems like they wanted him to be some kind of warrior poet.
>>
>>86801337
Nobody says "my nigger" with full enunciation in real life.
>>
>>86801024
the only people that do the "niggers aren't black people" thing are white people.
>>
>>86796151
Jesus Fuck Marvel do you go out of the way to ruin everything and drive readers away?
>>
>>86796633
It's true.
>>
>>86805204
It's how they can justify their dislike of black people by saying they like the ones who don't act a way they hate. Blame Chris Rock.
>>
File: lukecagenetflixstryker3.jpg (39KB, 373x373px) Image search: [Google]
lukecagenetflixstryker3.jpg
39KB, 373x373px
>>86795979

reset the status quo so Luke Cage can be more like his Netflix self
>>
>>86805204
>implying im white
>implying i havent seen/lived the divide my self
>>
>>86805501
They'll find anyway to justify their hate, it doesn't matter how well some of us do. At the very least there's a hard division that people can point to. Without it, it'll be even easier to group em all together.
>>
>>86805501
I generally dislike people that act in a way I hate. Pretty sure that's how it works.
>>
Cancer is deciding character relationships by popular opinion.
Thread posts: 115
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.