[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"Not killing people was a mistake. Because I thought

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 7

File: Arrow SeeSon Five.png (648KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Arrow SeeSon Five.png
648KB, 1280x720px
>"Not killing people was a mistake. Because I thought taking the high road was more important than saving lives and I will never make that mistake again. either I'm willing to do what is necessary or I shouldn't be out there at all."

Really makes Batman think, huh?
>>
>>86793629
Batman can take the high road AND save lives.

Ollie is just bad at the job.
>>
>>86794035

There's no Batman in the Arrowverse because Oliver snapped his neck a long time ago
>>
>>86794035
He cannot and he does not.
>>
>>86794035
Yeah, which is why the people of Star City can't wait to move to Gotham.

Oh wait.
>>
File: 1472274946558.gif (14KB, 416x416px) Image search: [Google]
1472274946558.gif
14KB, 416x416px
I LOVE how rump flustered this makes you faggots.
>>
this is amazing

who did this to Arrow?
>>
>>86794169
It's kinda weird how much 4chan wants their heroes to never kill when this place is the edgelord center of the internet.
>>
>>86794221
>4chan is one person
>>
>>86794221
/co/ has a few resident manchildren that are very pro censorship in their media.
>>
>>86794247
Correct. This place has as much of a hivemind mentality as reddit or any other forum on the internet.
>>
>>86794035
Gotham has something like two dozen active supervillains; Ollie's rogues gallery is maybe six people and he shares half of them.
>>
>>86794035
If one road has less innocent deaths at the mere expense of some dead evil motherfuckers, is it not higher?
>>
>>86794035
>Batman can take the high road AND save lives.
Okay but why is the Joker still alive?
>>
>>86794297
>I disagree
>Proving you incorrect

whoops
>>
>>86793629
Why did he leave the crazy anarchist with the big bomb at the start of the episode alive?

Also why was he such a cunt to Wild Dog? Getting shot in the leg could put him out of action for months.
>>
>>86795366
He's not murdering people out of spite; that one cop saw his identity and they had him like five to one.

I mean it'd be great if life was full of Boxing Glove Arrows, but it ain't.
>>
He should kill more people in his comic series, I feel. Less Robin Hood, more Che Guevara.
>>
>>86794074
>He cannot and he does not.
Im pretty sure saving the universe saves more lifes than killinf one single guy, but you casuals will remain casials regardless of any answers
>>
>>86794035
Someone needs to shop Batman and the trolley car.
>>
>>86795399
No I like him killing. I just wonder why he left the weird anarchist alive when he was a cunt that almost killed half the city.
>>
>>86794470
because comics

if the story were allowed to end the villains wouldn't break out over and over

hell they'd probably get the death penalty
>>
>>86794470
Because he simply refuses to die.
>>
>>86794270
...how does not wanting superheroes to kill equate to being....

fuck it nevermind.
>>
>>86795445
Well his entire entourage hadn't been gunned down by the flavor of the month crime boss yet.
>>
>>86793629
There's three general mindsets when it comes to heroes.

A) I don't kill, either because I don't think it's my call to make, I think it's just wrong, or both.
B) I kill when incapacitation isn't an option, but if I see a way to take them down non-lethally and save the day, I will pick that first.
C) I kill or severely hospitalize all villains, regardless of other options. (AKA the Frank strategy)

I prefer B, but there's also the hidden option D) Actually work to solve the problems that lead to crime instead of punching people in the face and hoping it won't happen again in a week or two.

D's shit though. No one wants to watch D.
>>
>>86795433
Trolley problem vs. Batman with prep time.
>>
>>86795542
It's a WayneTech Trolley that can lift off the track to hop over the one worker to avoid the death, before turning into the BatWing.
>>
>>86795519
I mean D isn't something that works in an adventure story. Hell you can show your heroes doing D all the fucking time and guys on the internet will still crack wise about how it never happens because the genre will have more punching because the genre involves a lot of punching.
>>
>>86794035

/thread
>>
>>86794470

Okay but why is Slade still alive?
>>
>>86795571
Oh yeah, I totally agree. Like people who say Batman doesn't use his money to try to help put an end to crime, when he totally does philanthropic stuff on the side.
>>
>>86795495
To being pro censorship? Because not killing arose from the CCA and became a common trope. How do you not know this?
>>
>>86793629
DUDE JUST KILL EVERYONE LOL

WHAT'S THE WORST THAT COULD HAPPEN?
>>
>>86795715
If he doesn't know it arose from censorship, then clearly his reason is not being pro-censorship.
>>
>>86793629

>This tired argument

If you're going around killing people then you're violating the rule of law and are therefore a criminal yourself. The cops need to arrest you and throw you in jail cause you're no different than a serial killer, plus you're endangering the public.
>>
>>86795822
He's the mayor now and thus above the law.
>>
>>86795859

Which makes it even worse.
>>
>>86795822
Being a vigilante, hero and superhero is equivalent to being a criminal in that they do things like the obstruction of law and breaking and entering and all that.

Killing just makes him a murderer on top of that.
>>
>>86795784
Just because you're too stupid to know you're advocating for censorship doesn't mean you aren't.
>>
>>86795822
You're a criminal if you're a vigilante of any kind, fucking moron
>>
>>86795967
He's also in a team that nuked a city. He's literally part of the worst terrorist group in history.
>>
>>86795982
The reason some people don't like superheroes killing has nothing to do with censorship, Anon.
>>
>>86795983
It's not vigilantism is you're made mayor and ruler of the city.
>>
>>86795880
>the mayor is killing people and the chief of police is covering it up
Or is Lance not chief of police? Either way can you imagine the media shit storm if that ever was discovered?
>>
>>86796056
Name one good reason for Batman to have a no kill rule that doesn't have to do with censorship of "muh recurring rouges gallery".
>>
>>86796161
In universe or out?
>>
>>86796184
In universe. Anything out of universe would pretty much fall under the "rouges gallery" but.
>>
>>86796056
I honestly think it has to do with people internalizing what were initially conceived as a bunch of bullshit excuses for not only censoring cape comics, but for keeping moneny making villains such as the Joker around. Only within the cape genre do people care about this at all, largely because its what they're being fed; meanwhile, you can still kill bad guys in a Western or in a story about knights, and come out pure as the driven snow.
>>
>>86793629
>>"Not killing people was a mistake. Because I thought taking the high road was more important than saving lives and I will never make that mistake again. either I'm willing to do what is necessary or I shouldn't be out there at all."
IS ARROW GOOD AGAIN????
>>
>>86796161
Keeps the cops off his back. Less major offenses are less likely to be investigated thoroughly. It's the difference between a couple of investigators with a joke board that says "Suspected individuals: Abraham Lincoln, Sasquatch" and an anti-Batman Militarized Task Force.

And in that crossfire, a lot of cops will end up getting hurt over the years of your career as a vigilante. Gotham has proven it's willing to turn a blind eye to the Batman but if he was murdering people it'd be a step too far for sure.
>>
>>86796198
No, thst it is the traditional portrayal and not wishing to break thr image is a decent out of universe reason for a writer to keep the rule.

In universe Batman has a psychological aversion to killing.
>>
>>86796222
It's a possibility.
>>
>>86794759
More like
>in denial
>>
>>86793629

and i though ollie was liberal
>>
>>86796161
In Batman's case, it's hard to say because he's had so many fucking writers. In some cases he absolutely has killed people.

One of the standard modern reasons for Batman not killing is that he trusts Gordon and wants to make the city a better place without killing people, because he's super Freudian about his parents getting killed in front of him.

But Batman is a terrible example because it really depends what Batman you're talking about. Frank Miller's Batman was a fucking unhinged psychopath.

When it comes to general reasons, a few I could think off the top of my head were:

Some people don't want all their heroes to be entirely above the law.
Many people IRL would beat a man up but wouldn't kill him because they view that as more "wrong" than the act of beating him up in the first place.
Some people want some heroes to be more than just superpowered executioners.
Not every hero should be willing to kill because not every hero is the same fucking character with the same morals.

These are all reasons that don't involve endorsing censorship.
>>
File: doom.jpg (419KB, 867x1300px) Image search: [Google]
doom.jpg
419KB, 867x1300px
arrow is going to be good again
>remembers the past 3 seasons

flash is going to be good again!
>remembers all of the second half of last season
>>
>>86794035
but almost everyone in the Bat-family is competent unlike Team Arrow
>>
>>86796220
I honestly think it has more to do with some people simply finding killing distasteful in a modern context. We expect knights and cowboys to kill their enemies because of the time periods they come from being a bit grimmer, grittier, and a little more lawless. Knights and cowboys also often tend to be pretty close to the law in a lot of cases, whereas supers are modern vigilantes.
>>
>>86796296
What does that have to do with anything?
>>
>It took one episode to win arrow fags back.
You people really do suffer from beaten wives syndrome
>>
Cape comics were a mistake
>>
>>86796329
>e second half of last season
>second half
the thawne episodes (11 and 17) were both in the second half of the season.
season 2 was primarily dogshit.
not
>"half"
>>
>>86796198
Killing is wrong and Batman, as a hero, has to be a paragon of morality like Superman. If he kills people then he's setting a bad example for everyone else.
>>
>>86796424
I'm just in this thread to watch the arguments, I haven't watched Arrow since mid season 3.
>>
>>86796409

He's overriding all the civil liberties of the murdered. Due process, right to a trial, etc
>>
>>86796220
>>86796380
i wish there were more stories and series that both
A) had protagonists that killed on a regular basis,

and

B) showed the fallout from those deaths, not the affect killing has on the hero, so much as the friends/family/circle of influence of the dead.
I mean, you can kill mob guys, sure, but those guys all have families of their own, parents, siblings, cousins, etc
especially mooks.
>>
Green Arrow is a menace that needs to be stopped. Will Flash stop him? Or Superman? If he can't save people without killing he doesn't deserve to be called a hero.
>>
>>86796296

He's liberal about killing again.
>>
>>86796459
Huh, maybe he shouldn't be a fucking vigilante then.
>>
File: 1475035455225.png (77KB, 250x190px) Image search: [Google]
1475035455225.png
77KB, 250x190px
>>86793629
>>86794035

In real life, supervillains would be put into maximum security prisons and never escape, so there'd really be no need to kill them.
>>
>>86796533
You don't have to double down on every crime just because you're breaking a couple minor ones.
>>
>>86796632
Yeah you do. Once you drop a napkin and become a litterer you have to commit mass rape and genocide. Remember: breaking one law means you absolutely HAVE to break them all.
>>
>>86794035

Batman has plot fu on his side, also he has admitted to blood on his hands every time the Joker or some other mass killer gets out.
>>
>>86794470
Because there's no death penalty in Gotham.

Which Batman has nothing to do with. He believes the court system is fine, it's "the cops suck at catching 'em" that he got into the game to help out with.
>>
>>86796695
Joker's never really killed anyone.

He's killed faceless, weightless plot devices by the thousands.

But no actual people. At least none that stayed dead.
>>
>>86793629
And it took 3 seasons to realize this
>>
>>86796767
I think the Joker has killed less people than Felicity. Never seen his kill count reach 10,000.
>>
Good. Glad to see Oliver get some of that old edge back. I loved how he'd go full Punisher back in season 1.
>>
>>86796490
Ollie turning full anti-hero punisher is the only thing that could possibly save this show. No way CW will do it though. It's probably just another phase and Felicity will be there to show him the light and how killing people isn't the answer.
>>
>>86795542
Batman derails the trolley before it reaches any of the potential victims. Method of derailment depends on if there are people on the trolley. Done.
>>
File: b673(1).jpg (177KB, 964x580px) Image search: [Google]
b673(1).jpg
177KB, 964x580px
>>86794074
Fuck off, millennial.
>>
>>86796161
Because I ethically believe that killing another person is wrong.
>>
>>86796533
Oh, an absolutist, I see.
>>
>>86794470
Killing Joke
Europa
End Game
Akham city

In Death in the Family Superman prevented Batman from murdering Joker.
>>
>>86796767
Jason Todd's mom
>>
>>86796161
He has psychological problems dealing with the concept of death.

He wants to be as legitimized as a vigilante possibly can be, or at least for the higher ups in Gotham government to be willing to overlook/ignore his existence so that he can continue to work WITH Gordon rather than Gordon's superiors constantly pressuring him to bring in the Bat. To do that, he has to be seen as safe, not an unpredictable loose cannon who will do who-knows-what to a perp. He's gotta be "the guy who just collects evidence or makes it easier for us to apprehend already-wanted men with warrants out"
>>
>>86797062
Is that still canon?
>>
>>86796444
Then he becomes just "lesson" instead of being real character.
Morality and ideals are just a bunch of cool words if you don't challenge them.
>>
>>86793629
Didn't he kill a bunch of mooks in the first season? Has he even killed anyone 'important' yet?
>>
>>86793629
He'll be back to sparing villains in no time.

Hell, he left Anarky alive after he attempted to bomb -something- in the same episode.
>>
>green batman kills on the first season, season is good
>green batman stops killing, series goes to shit
>starts killing again, series becomes good again

This is just a reminder that killing is fine. And green arrow and Batman (and pretty much everyother street level hero than spiderman) should kill all they want.
>>
>>86797149
>green batman stops killing, series goes to shit

Motherfuckers act like they forgot about Slade.
>>
>>86797054
Not really, it's just absurd to complain about civil rights over murder. That line was crossed long before that point.

It's like crying over spilt milk when a bomb killed a family and overturned their cereal bowl.
>>
>>86795519
But whenever 'B' happens, people lose their shit over it.
>>
>>86795519
What is "I offer the villain mercy and a chance(s) to walk away and not harm anyone, but if they do harm anyone after that they're dead"?
I don't see that often.
>>
>>86797313
Why would you let a criminal go away? Shouldnt he go to prison at least?

You would make for a terrible vigilante
>>
>>86797313
Think I've seen it before with non-violent crime, basically never happens with violent or especially capital offenses for what I should hope are obvious reasons.
>>
>>86797313
It happens a lot but then the villain doesn't take it seriously, either laughing or launching an attack because they think the hero's guard is down...and then they die.

It's more common in movies though, it's the standard "we need to wrap this up in 2 hours and this guy ain't coming back for the sequel" option
>>
>>86797313
That's like a staple of anime, especially if the protagonist has forsworn violence.
>>
>>86797103
Well I meant an in-universe role model but okay.

>Morality and ideals are just a bunch of cool words if you don't challenge them.
Why?
>>
>>86797103
Batman's ideals are challenged all the time.

And he holds firm instead of betraying them.
>>
Why hasn't Batman just used the rape strategy? When will he shove his winker up Joker's tight warm hole?
>>
>>86798697
He used bat math to figure out that raping the Joker will only make him stronger.
>>
>>86795519
D is Star Wars prequel trilogy
>>
>>86794470
Why is Felicity still alive?
She killed more people than any Arrow villain.
>>
>>86798718
If it's going to make Batman stronger then he should just do it already.
>>
>>86793629
that's why you are a C-lister while Batman and Superman are A-listers

go play with your meme arrows now
>>
>>86794470
Raping him will be less effective if he's dead.
>>
>>86793629
It's just a set up for him to go back to the no killing when challenged with the not-punisher presence.
>>
File: youfool.jpg (6KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
youfool.jpg
6KB, 480x360px
>>86797313

>pic related
>>
>>86793629
>not killing people was a mistake
t. Adolf Hitler
Thread posts: 112
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.