[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that only dykes hated Tom >"Oh no a straight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: Daria_and_Tom.jpg (23KB, 483x357px) Image search: [Google]
Daria_and_Tom.jpg
23KB, 483x357px
Reminder that only dykes hated Tom

>"Oh no a straight white cis male that's a positive influence instead of a dumb asshole like they usually are on this show! HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS"
>>
>>86783539
But he was patronizing and pretentious hence why she dumped his WASPy ass.
>>
what dykes? The world was less sjw back then
>>
>>86783674
Watch season 4 again.

He put up with a LOT of her shit.
>>
>>86783674
>he was patronizing and pretentious
And she wasn't?
She dumped him because they where going separate directions in life.
>>
>>86783709
Oh I'm not denying that. I never thought they would last though.

The triangle thing was the worst part of the series.
>>
>>86783709
>>86783724
These, he wasn't an asshole, but like her, he had his own things going on. They both cared for each other, but Daria recognized first that they were headed in different directions, and he acknowledged later.
Daria x Tom > Daria x Trent
>>
>>86783724
>separate directions in life
Yes with vastly different experiences that will drive them further apart.

>>86783765
I always thought they were better as friends. I don't actually hate Tom but he didn't have much of a personality (I blame the writers). We all know Daria/Trent would never be a thing.
>>
Not all relationships can last, even if both partners are good people.

Tom was rich and wasn't afraid to use his family's influence to get ahead.

Daria was upper-middle-class and didn't want to use Tom's family's influence to get ahead in life.
>>
Also, I really needed a Daria thread so thanks OP. I was too lazy to make one
>>
>>86783697
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>86783539
What's this old show, grandpa
>>
>>86785779
Lesbians didn't exist in the 90s? Who knows
>>
Nah fuck him. He was a bland asshole who showed up out of nowhere and had no flaws so Daria could act however she wanted without driving him away and they had nothing in common.
>>
>>86783539
the whole last season was shit in general man. a complete shift in tone and character dynamic because MTV didn't want to renew the show if it was still going to be about a pessimistic teenage girl who views everybody around her as shallow and ignorant.
>>
>>86786067
The last season was definitely the weakest
>>
>>86783765

>daria X tom > daria X trent

>implying daria X jane isn't infinitely better
>>
>>86786407
You're gonna invoke the wrath of OP
>>
>>86786028
bad writing doesnt mean a bad person.
daria also suddenly became shit when he showed up. she started acting really weird, paranoid, playing mindgames.. i guess the idea is that women can't help it. Either they have no experience, and thus don't know how to handle real life, or they HAVE experience and said experience teaches them to fuck people over for personal gain.
>>
>>86786067
Yeah, but I felt that some of the last season was still better than that stint of weird episodes after the amazing musical episode. The mystery/detective ep, the holiday(s) one and a few others felt like them not giving a good shit and just trying to spoof other genres. At least the last season had a good finale episode.
>>
>>86787792
He was a bad character. Daria acted normally for how she would in a relationship that wasn't right for her. You need to get the fuck over it.
>>
>>86788652
ehh she didn't really.. the problem i think is that she was clearly just going for it because she was sick of telling people 'no, this isn't for me' and followed their pressure to just shut up and be normal. just about everything in that 'relationship' drew from that.
>>
>>86788609
>amazing musical episode
please tell me you're being sarcastic. that singing alone was enough to kill me

The only episode that saves season five is Boxing Daria imo
>>
>>86783539
Tom was the shark jump of the series.
>>
>>86789591
It had some pretty clever shit. the dammit song was great. the men song..
>>
>>86786407

Never post again.
>>
File: 1.jpg (106KB, 458x700px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
106KB, 458x700px
>>86789790
I probably would've liked it more if they didn't have the voice actors trying to sing. It's not the most awful episode but it's not one of my favorites
>>
>>86789889
that was the best part. apparently daria's actress was like "crap.. they expect me to sing? i can't sing!" and they were thankfully like "no, don't.. daria doesn't sing. just talk-sing"
>>
>>86789921
She wasn't so bad, probably because of that. I think Brittany's voice killed me the most.
>>
daria is mai waifu
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.