[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many titles do you guys buy regularly? And do you ever just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: green-shift.jpg (442KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
green-shift.jpg
442KB, 640x480px
How many titles do you guys buy regularly? And do you ever just get a single issue of a title, as opposed to collecting all of them? I'm following 8 already, and I feel like I can't get more, no matter how much I want to. Am I just a cheap fuck or what?
>>

I only buy collected editions.
>>
>>86781898
I know trades are better and cheaper, but there's just something comfy about going to my lcs every week and pick up small, digestible books.
>>
>>86781768
It depends on how much disposable income you have. Comic books aren't cheap.
>>
>>86781768
I only buy trades and omnis. I torrent singles to see what I like.
>>
Island, Wicked + Divine, Vision, All Star Batman, are the only regulars
>>
>>86781768
I shamefully pirate almost everything. There's some small press stuff like Copra or Revenger where I buy every issue though.

Sometimes I will get a single issue of something if there's a decent reason. Like the next issue of The Wicked + The Divine is an in-universe magazine so I know I'll pick it up because that will feel better as a physical object.
>>
>>86783175
You really shouldnt pirate creator works and if you do at least buy the trades.
>>
My pull list right now is 17 books, one ended this week, three are minis or cancelled, one is cancelled but being relaunched because Marvel, and seven of them I wouldn't be surprised if they get cancelled in less than a year. I want to look into getting more, but it doesn't feel right to get floppies if it isn't from the start of the run. I'll occasionally get a single issue if I know it's self-contained and I'm not considering getting the trade, but that's rare.
>>
>>86783201
Right. I do. I follow the issues by pirating and buy the book if I can.
>>
>>86782984
this. It's much cheaper, especially if you buy online and get most things almost half off. buying floppies just seems silly to me.
>>
I pull about 30 books each month.

Archie

Archie

Betty and Veronica

The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

Josie and the Pussycats

Cinema Purgatorio
Black Mask

4 Kids Walk Into a Bank
BOOM!

Joyride
DC

All-Star Batman

The Flintstones

Doom Patrol

Shade the Changing Girl
IDW

Back to the Future

3 Floyds Alpha King

Black Science

Cannibal

Deadly Class

Descender

Image+ (Here’s Negan)

Paper Girls

Red One

Snotgirl

Sons of the Devil

Saga

Seven to Eternity

The Walking Dead
Marvel

Star Wars

Darth Vader

Poe Dameron

Han Solo

Silver Surfer

Squadron Supreme

Vision

Punisher
Titan

Tank Girl Gold
>>
I love going to the comic shop of every week, the dude that runs it is rad and we always end up talking forever about anything and everything and that's definitely incentive to keep going in, but I also just love getting all my new books and reading them in a seating. It's a nice little ritual, plus the guy is always recommending me new books when I come in.

Yesterday he got me to pick up more Marvel books than I've bought in years and I was pleasantly surprised, that said all the positives and the comfiness of it all probably leads me to buying too many books.
>>
>>86783595
What books did you get?
>>
>>86783641
All-New Wolverine

Cage (This one I was going to pick up anyways, I'm a sucker for Genndy)

Champions

and, Jessica Jones.

Prior, the only Marvel book I have been picking up was Moon Knight.

He also smoked me up in the basement which was pretty fucking rad. Thanks, Colorado.
>>
>>86783670
> Champions

lol he got u bruv
>>
>>86783700
Eh, I liked it. It could've been better for fucking 4.99 but it was better than I expected. It remains to be seen if I will pick #2 tho
>>
>>86781768

I haven't bought an American comic ever since DC fucked over Cassandra Cain. I buy quite a lot of manga though.
>>
>>86781768
My list for this year was Deadpool, Doctor Strange, Extraordinary X-men, Carnage, Uncanny Avengers, And The New Amazing Spiderman (its has a big title cant remember off the top of the head) I'm down to Pool and Strange right now though (was on a drug binge, and the comic store i go to to pick them up has a an asshole for an owner. He always talk shit under his breath when i cash out. calls me a douchbag and stuff like that. I think it's because I don't appear to be into comics or something. I'm pretty jockey looking so I think he has a vendetta against me for looking like a normie not a fat smelly fuck like himself. Or like half the fucking dweebs that go there.) Ill get back into it soon after i catch up on what i missed in pool and strange.
>>
>>86783670
Kek dude he conned you hard. All the retailers are trying to beg people to buy them cause they have way too many copies.
>>
>>86783521
Nice
>>
I buy 4-6 collected editions a month, from online retailers.
I buy 5-10 floppy comics a year from my """"local""" comic shop since it is 2 hours away so I only go about 2-3 times a year.
>>
Right now I have a pretty short list.

>Gwenpool
>Meme Knight
>Carnage
>Silk
>Ms. Marvel
>>
>How many titles do you guys buy regularly?
15-20 per month, plus some titles I'm trade-waiting and manga

>And do you ever just get a single issue of a title, as opposed to collecting all of them?
Not often but sometimes. My favorite artist doing a fill-in issue/arc or something.

>Am I just a cheap fuck or what?
Yeah, a little. I spend around $120 a month but some people spend that getting their daily coffee, smoking or on booze

>>86783521
>Archie
>Betty and Veronica
>The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina
>Josie and the Pussycats
>Image+ (Here’s Negan)
>Red One
>Walking Dead
>Silver Surfer
>Squadron Supreme
Shit, that's half my pull-list.
Jughead, Afterlife with Archie, The Shield, Green Arrow, Birds of Prey, Blue Beetle, Cage!, Groo, Badger, and Renato Jones. Plus Vision and the Star Wars books in trades.

>>86785240
You know there's comics that aren't Marvel/DC, right?
>>
>>86786064
Gross
>>
>>86786392
Don't you have a mediocre Batman run to go jerk off to?
>>
>>86786415
No but I do have some Eternaut to read. Acquire some taste.
>>
>>86783521
>>86786377
What's the deal with Archie? I read Archie vs. Predator and absolutely loved it. Is the rest of Archie's stuff, at least modern stuff, that quality?
>>
>>86786457
>thread about current series we pick up
>talks about a comic from decades ago

Cool hipsterisms.
>>
>>86786534
>not knowing it just go rereleased

Wew lad I bet you talk about both kinds of comics, Marvel and DC!
>>
>>86781768
I only buy big two and pirate indies because I don't give a fuck.
>>
>>86786557
Is it not just as a TPB though?
>>
>buying comics
>>
File: 7c7.jpg (7KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
7c7.jpg
7KB, 267x200px
>>86781768
I don't buy shit because my lcs overprices to hell and back, and it's literally the only comic store in my fucking city.
>>
>>86786690
Omni and Op never said anything about ongoings. I'm telling you every book on your pull list is hot garbage except Moon Knight and maybe Ms. Marvel if you are a pedo, branch out.
>>
File: 5432634-5+josie#1ricksccvar.jpg (317KB, 1000x1538px) Image search: [Google]
5432634-5+josie#1ricksccvar.jpg
317KB, 1000x1538px
>>86786508
Afterlife and Sabrina are pretty damn good.
The rest is kind of a mixed bag but worth checking out if you're a fan of Archie stuff already.

>>86786733
>my lcs overprices to hell and back
How so, they mark-up new books?
>>
>>86783521
>>86786377
I feel like anything not marvel and dc isn't worth getting in floppies. I might as well just get the trades, as there's no crossovers, no sense of things happening simultanioisly and no urge to keep up to date. Anything not superhero I just wait for the trade, basically
>>
>>86781768

I only buy my Top 5 favorite comics. I buy #1 issues of other titles and stop if they don't seem like something i have to follow but I might buy them later in collected edition.
>>
Not a ton. Currently:

Gotham Academy
Batgirl
Batgirl and the Birds of Prey
Southern Cross
Deathstroke
Supergirl
Teen Titans
Doom Patrol
Shade, The Changing Girl
Dark Knight III
Raven

Recently dropped Hellblazer, picked up the first issues of Champions and Frostbite but won't be sticking with either, and plan to pick up the other two Young Animal books once they launch.

I follow other currently ongoing stuff, but wait for the trades:

Spider-Gwen
All New-Wolverine
Paper Girls
Ms Marvel

Also writing it all down makes me realise just how teen/girl heavy my list has gotten lately. Maybe white men really are rubbish after all!
>>
>>86787177
I don't know how true it is but I figure buying floppies from non-big two does more to support the creators and small press guys.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.