[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>ITT: Wrong opinions in comics And when I say "wrong",

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: cmt141027.gif (66KB, 300x387px) Image search: [Google]
cmt141027.gif
66KB, 300x387px
>ITT: Wrong opinions in comics

And when I say "wrong", i mean factually; not subjectively

I don't think anything can beat pic related.
>>
>>86781513
You know what the really funny bit is?

Not only has Pokemon remained consistently popular, TMNT and Star Wars made comebacks and Power Rangers is poised to do the same next year.

It's about as wrong as he could possibly be.
>>
File: jar-jar-candy.jpg (55KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
jar-jar-candy.jpg
55KB, 640x360px
>>86781689
>Not only has Pokemon remained consistently popular, TMNT and Star Wars made comebacks and Power Rangers is poised to do the same next year.

I don't know if I'd go that far. Newer TMNT movies and cartoon are about as popular as any other movie or cartoon that comes out, which is pretty bad for something in an established franchise like that. Power Rangers will probably be about the same. And nobody fondly remembers Jarjar Binks even after Disney paid off news outlets to retroactively realize the prequel trilogy was okay.

You won't see kids lining up to go to a live TMNT show. You won't see power ranger halloween costumes selling out. You won't see Disney even acknowledging Jarjar. Nothing is like Pikachu.
>>
File: jar jar pop.jpg (126KB, 712x902px) Image search: [Google]
jar jar pop.jpg
126KB, 712x902px
>>86781513
>>86781689

The copyright date on that is 1999 and the date it was out was 10/26. It's a logical guess to assume at that point, since a lot of trends die out for a while or longer. TMNT was pretty much nearly dead by then, Next Mutation and the Image comic were the last major things done and those ended before or on 1999 (and by then not many people even noticed those). The next TMNT cartoon wouldn't be out till 2003.

Power Rangers still kept going, but its popularity definitely wasn't as big as it was back in the first four or five years by 1999.

And like >>86781914 pointed out no one really cares about Jar Jar (this comic was made like four months after Phantom Menace was in theaters). Well except for those willing to overpay on a Jar Jar Funko Pop, but I don't expect that to last long.
>>
>>86781914
There's Turtles merch everywhere man. They're on almost anything you can think of. There aren't many cartoon franchises that have that going for them.
>>
>>86782571
Yeah, I'd say by this point it's still a strong franchise, bad recent movies aside. They're popular enough to take up a good chunk of the action figure aisle. You wouldn't have guessed this in 1999, though.
>>
>>86781914
>You won't see kids lining up to go to a live TMNT show.

Pokemon LIVE was a long, long time ago, Anon.
I can't remember the last time I even saw a Pokemon costume on sale.

But it still sells merch. Your definitions of success seem pretty arbitrary. When was the last time kids were jazzed about ANY Live Show?
>>
>>86782559
The moral of the story is: Time makes fools of us all.

ALWAYS
>>
Wait was this made when Pokemon was first invented, or is he one of those people who thinks it started this year with GO? Cause if it's the later I'm gonna be pissed.
>>
>>86782868

If you can't see the date and the copyright year, see >>86782559
the comic was made on 10/26/1999, that was like when Pokemon was getting really popular in the US.
>>
Once a franchise crosses the generational gap, it's pretty much set for life.
>>
What's funny is that Pokemon is arguably the only one of those four that never stopped being popular. It didn't quite match up to the late '90s Pokemania consistently, but it never went away.
>>
File: Top-Gear-crew.jpg (69KB, 600x391px) Image search: [Google]
Top-Gear-crew.jpg
69KB, 600x391px
>>86781513
Why the fuck is The Stig there?
>>
>>86782892
Oh thank god. I was about to get irrationally angry.
>>
99% of Marville, if I posted images it would practically be a Storytime
>>
>>86783601
Do it senpai
>>
>>86781513
I feel like i'm the only person who legitimately likes American sentais and has never stopped watching power rangers
>>
>>86785280
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who never liked any of those things depicted.
>>
>>86782559
> $100

What
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.