[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who are some villains with genuinely creative powers and gimmicks?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

File: Spider-Rogues.jpg (98KB, 594x396px) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Rogues.jpg
98KB, 594x396px
Who are some villains with genuinely creative powers and gimmicks? nothing super-common like flying brick or freeze rays, please
>>
>>86779546
Sandman is pretty neat
>>
>>86779546

>The Chameleon can wear rubber masks

That's not a superpower, anon.
>>
>>86779690
>and gimmicks
>>
>>86779546
The Spot
Overdrive
Shocker
>>
any non-Spidey rogues?
>>
At least half of Batman's rogues gallery
Galactus was as unique as it gets when he first appeared
>>
Mr. Negative
>>
>>86779901
>batman's rogues gallery
What about the Condiment King?
You can't blame the guy for having a unique gimmick, even if it is hilariously stupid.
>>
>>86779546
Magneto was pretty original
>>
>>86779546
Literally Mister Mxyzptlk
>>
Mirror Master. Trying to think of other Flash rogues that come close but can't think of any, however they more just use their basic powers creatively.
>>
>>86780156
On that note, Music Meister.
>>
>>86780285
Isn't the most original thing about him his weakness?
>>
>>86780328
He's an cartoony imp from the 5th dimension with infinite power, his power is only limited by his creativity.
>>
File: brotherhood of dada.jpg (834KB, 1024x919px) Image search: [Google]
brotherhood of dada.jpg
834KB, 1024x919px
>>86779546
>>
>>86779546
Darkseid with his omega beams and sanction. They're really cool. The DCAU also had the Agony Matrix which I thought was also cool.
>>
>>86780361
>infinite power, his power is only limited by his creativity.
Ironically that's not really creative. The cartoony imp design coupled with that sort of is though.

Think other side of the spectrum: characters with a very limited and unique powerset.
>>
File: the wall.jpg (135KB, 400x392px) Image search: [Google]
the wall.jpg
135KB, 400x392px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPfa5VuTVN4
>>
File: 6K0w3q8.gif (51KB, 371x400px) Image search: [Google]
6K0w3q8.gif
51KB, 371x400px
>>86779546
It's not exactly the most original but I like probability alteration and it can be used well if it doesn't become complete reality warping.
Like Longshot, Black Cat or Domino.

Longshot's other gimmicks make him more unique though I think, he's unnaturally handsome and charming by design because he's made to be a TV show star, he only wieghs like 40lbs because his bones are artificial or whatever, and is a clone of himself or his own son or something (and a living time paradox)..
>>
>>86780501
Oh yeah and his power doesn't work if he uses it for his own gains.
>>
>>86780477
It´s making the wrong soundeffect. Can someone change it to trump?
>>
File: maximumfamily.jpg (382KB, 500x738px) Image search: [Google]
maximumfamily.jpg
382KB, 500x738px
Shirek has a lot of generic energy blast type powers. However the way she feeds off of and can manipulate peoples emotions is really unique.
>>
File: Great_Lakes_Avengers_Vol_2_1.jpg (198KB, 781x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Great_Lakes_Avengers_Vol_2_1.jpg
198KB, 781x1200px
>>86782774

Her powers seemed to get more and more random with every story.

>Sonic hand blasts
>Sonic scream
>Empathy/minor telepathy
>Produce aura that makes people go bloodthirsty and rabid
>Telekinesis
>Flight (though that may just be the TK)
>Strong enough to lift adults with one hand and shrug off being knocked through a wall and shit
>Could contain the Carrion virus for some reason
>>
>>86783807
>when squirrel girl was attractive
>>
>>86779787
I love it when Overdrive starts bitching about how everyone assumes that having a super power means he must have super strength and durability.
>>
>>86780361
>>86780406
Its creative in that he's something the hero has to outwit instead of outfight and that his motivation is to be a prankster imp instead of a megalomaniac or psychopath.

Mxy is elder-god tier.

>>86780404
>Omega Sanction

It made the Seven Soldiers Mr Miracle one of the greatest comics of all time.

That final page man...

>>86780301
Mirror Master is so fucking OP.
>>
File: John Doe.jpg (104KB, 506x751px) Image search: [Google]
John Doe.jpg
104KB, 506x751px
Thought this was an interesting take on mind control/power nullification
>>
>>86784163
that issue came out 4 months ago
>>
>>86784443
>Mixed pickles
I like him but "reality warping" is just not a unique powerset.
>>
>>86784432
It's somewhat of a requirement if you want to make good use of the majority of superpowers. Most powers break the very laws of physics, you'd have to have some kind of durability for your body to withstand something like super strength/speed.
>>
Coil from Worm.
He could spilt timelines in two, and live in both. Then close down one he didn't like. Using it too much gave him crippling headaches, and he is limited to two active timelines.

So if he has a dangerous meeting to attend he can split the time line. In time line A he attends the meeting. In B he doesn't.

He learns that the meeting is a trap because it is sprung in timeline A. So Coil closes that timeline off, and keeps the reality where he never went to the meeting.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.