[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.polygon.com/2016/10/4/13 156398/adult-swim-female

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6

File: 1457126157289.png (134KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1457126157289.png
134KB, 500x375px
http://www.polygon.com/2016/10/4/13156398/adult-swim-female-writers?utm_campaign=polygon&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

apologize to mike lazzo right now anon
>>
> polygon
> not copy pasting the relevant bits

Not today, satan.
>>
File: ORRRG.jpg (94KB, 640x273px) Image search: [Google]
ORRRG.jpg
94KB, 640x273px
>>86758877
POLYGON REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>86758905

"on Monday, Lazzo took to Reddit to clear up what he said. According to Lazzo, he believed "women don’t tend to like conflict, comedy often comes from conflict, so that’s probably why we (or others) have so few female projects." He added that despite what employees had told Buzzfeed, he was considered one of the most approachable executives at Adult Swim and that he tried to help everyone tighten their idea or pitch into something that the network would actually want to get behind. Lazzo then went on to say that if unnamed sources were mad at him, it was an issue on their end, not his."

"If other executives are like Lazzo, who seems to have an excuse for why more women can’t be brought onto network shows ready to go whenever he’s asked about it, then television isn’t going to become any more diverse anytime soon."

"It’s not okay to say, "I wish we had more people like Tina Fey or Amy Schumer" when networks aren’t willing to give female writers the chance to prove they can be."

"Rick and Morty co-creators Justin Roiland and Dan Harmon spoke about the lack of women both on their show and in the cartoon space in general last year. In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter two years ago, Roiland joked that they didn’t have women in the writers room because it made his "wee-wee feel weird." The co-creator was lambasted with angry tweets and in a follow up interview a year later, fellow co-creator Harmon said that they had plans on hiring more female writers, but he didn’t want to force it."
>>
>>86758961
"The bottom line is that Lazzo’s explanation of why Adult Swim didn’t have more female creators wasn’t an apology and a promise to do better, but more excuses as to why he wouldn’t bring on more. It’s not a new trend for white men to outnumber women and people of color in a writers room, but Lazzo’s approach to rectifying the issue is to simply ignore it and carry on like there’s nothing wrong in the industry."
"But there is something wrong in the industry, and it’s time for action, not just excuses."
"We don’t need more creators acknowledging there is a problem: we know there’s a problem. We need executives to start hiring more women, more queer folk and more people of color.

No ifs, ands, or buts. It’s time for a change and it’s time for those in power to be the ones who do it."
>>
>>86758961
>I wish we had more people like Tina Fey or Amy Schumer
Nobody would ever say that because they're not funny.
>>
... am I supposed to agree with him? Companies have PR people for a reason, if he can't avoid fucking up every time he opens his mouth, maybe he should think twice before doing it.
>>
>women aren't terribly funny comedians

A new study shows that they also cannot write good sci-fi either. More news at eleven.
>>
>>86758981
fuck the writer of this article. Based Lazzo, having a calm and rational approach.
>>
>>86758998
Fuck you, every time Amy Schumer talks about her vagina I lose my fucking mind
>>
>>86759020
This. He's screwed the pooch.

Also he's not one to talk, Adult Swim hasn't been good in years.

Hope his ass gets fired and replaced with somebody competent.
>>
>>86759042

> Based Lazzo, having a calm and rational approach.

It's the exact same style of argument executives have used for years, though. "It's not us, it's the system/the public" only goes so far and people aren't really wiling to accept that anymore.
>>
>>86758961
>>86758981
>>86758998

In my personal opinion, it's not that women can't be be funny, it's just the ones that always seem to be in the spotlight are some of the most unfunny, self-righteous, talentless cunts.

I get that most comedy is subjective but compare a male comedian to a female comedian and there is a stark difference. From my perspective, most male comedians are will to let themselves be the butt of a joke, they're willing to share experiences that everyone has, and aren't afraid of a little irrelevant humor. A lot of female comedians always bring up the fact that they're a woman and have a vag. Honestly, the few women I find funny often tend to be older, British women who aren't even comedians.
>>
File: 1473621079175.png (602KB, 765x713px) Image search: [Google]
1473621079175.png
602KB, 765x713px
>Most female comedians tell jokes that rely on them being females
>Adult Swim's target demographic and audience has always been the 18 - 32 year old male
>Adult Swim hires writers constantly and isn't biased about who they are
>It just so happens most women don't want to be comedy writers
>It's somehow Adult Swim's fault

I'll bet it was the evil white man's fault for the Ghostbuster's reboot flopping too.
>>
>>86759350
Adult Swim should force female writers to work for them and fire all white people.
>>
>>86759350
>I'll bet it was the evil white man's fault for the Ghostbuster's reboot flopping too.
There's no maybe about this
>>
>>86759173
Keyword is SOME people are complaining. Just because the folks at polygawdwhyiseverythingsounfair.com are jumping up Lazzo's ass doesn't mean anything. If you had protests against Lazzo or people demanding Adult Swim to be shut down.

Look, if Adult swim wasn't the best its been in years, then maybe there would be a point, but Adult Swim is thriving right now. They have a bonafide mega hit, and lots of their smaller projects are having success while still falling back on their classics.

>>86759213
agreed completely. Many female comedians on the lower scale of fame are wonderful. The big names are terrible though.
>>
Please do not defend Mike Lazzo to spite your supposed SJW enemies, thank you.
>>
So pretty much:
>There aren't enough women who want to be comedy writers or interviewing for jobs. There's nothing we can do about there not being enough women wanting to write for our shows.
>t-that's bad!!!! fix it!!!!
What the fuck do they want him to do, force women to take writing jobs all for the sake of diversity? Are these people completely delusional?
>>
>>86759553
>What the fuck do they want him to do, force women to take writing jobs all for the sake of diversity? Are these people completely delusional?

Yes
>>
>>86758877
>"[But] the day there is a female writer in that writers room, that person is definitely not going to be thinking that they're a quota writer," Harmon told the magazine.
Well, at least they painted the R&M writing staff in a good light. The Pickle Rick animatic shown at Comic-Con this summer was done by a woman so it seems like Harmon meant what he said.
>>
Buzzfeed must've gotten really mad their attempt to get MDE cancelled had no real response.
>>
The writer of this article looks like the perfect example of a woman who thinks she's funny but really isn't.
>>
>>86759418
The objectively bad film with the worst fight editing this decade (even worse than the sharknado movies) didnt sell tickets.
..... white man's fault!
>>
Well Lazzo's a grade A twat but so is anyone who whines about lack of diversity as if it's a conspiracy.

>>86759213
A lot of it has to do with them being in the spotlight, I think. Tina Fey was a writer on SNL for years and nobody knew who the fuck she was until she got in front of the camera. The article mentions Wendy Molyneux who nobody's heard of. It also credits Kristen Schaal for South Park, though she was a writer for just a season, while Pam Brady was a producer/consultant for over a decade.

I think the problem isn't whining that the executives need to do something about it, since they clearly won't. I think the chucklefucks who do the whining should put the spotlight on funny women, so that maybe they'll get the rub. And in an non combative manner, because articles like this pretty much prove Lazzo's point.
>>
>>86759855
It's the fucking white male director's fault. They should have gotten a proud woman of color to do it
>>
>>86759036
>A new study shows that they also cannot write good sci-fi either.

A new study shows 97% of studies are pull right from your ass.
>>
>>86758998

tiny fey has her moments
>>
>>86759590
Most of the season 3 writing staff is women.
>>
>>86760125

maybe they're just good writers ?
>>
>>86760060
The molyneux sisters have pretty much commanded the bobs burgers writing since season 1, which makes sense because they've done some of my favorite episodes
>>
>>86760150
Man you must be really projecting to insert some sort of bias into a purely objective comment.

I have no issue with the writing team being mostly women. I'd kill for more female role models that aren't flagrant rich whores they're supposed to emulate. Giving women creators more opportunity leads to more female creator driven shows which would be a welcomed journey away from all the stupid female centric shit that is made by
Men for women, like gossip girl, etc that solely focuses on drama and pedantism that is destructive to young humans regardless of gender identification
>>
File: BPRD Really.jpg (169KB, 393x722px) Image search: [Google]
BPRD Really.jpg
169KB, 393x722px
>>86760209
>gender identification
>>
Basically, we need less Amy Schumers cause this shit isn't funny.

https://youtu.be/L1Wqv_qTTP4
>>
File: IMG_1547.jpg (38KB, 408x408px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1547.jpg
38KB, 408x408px
>>86760277
They should bring back the "everything on this site is a work of fiction" notices because you seem to have some trouble discerning what is being said with serious intent vs sarcasm
>>
>>86760296

less amy schumers and more wendy liebmans i'll give you a second to look her up
>>
>>86760350
I love her on dr katz
>>
>>86758961
>>86758981
They should have all writings and creative portfolios be sent to people as anonymous to the writer/artists gender

If you truly want more female writers to be treated as equal to male writers simply cut out the gender and let everyone be hired on merit of their work.

But then again I doubt anyone would be willing to try.
>>
>>86758877
>polygon
Posting this from your iPad at Starbucks too, Larold? Don't you have that Neocolonialism paper to finish?
>>
>>86759020
>>86759148

wew back to tumblr
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 325x244px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 325x244px
>>86759112
>>
>>86760076
ARE YOU SAYING THAT THEIR ALL-FEMALE CAST ARE INCOMPETENT ACTORS THAT CANT SAVE A SHITTY MOVIE?!

YOU FUCKING SEXIST PIG
>>
>>86759148
>Adult Swim hasn't been good in years.

You kidding? Adult Swim's had some of its better programming recently.

>Venture Brothers
>Eric Andre Show
>All their weird experimental meta-horror garbage that wouldn't fly on any other network

I watched Adult Swim when I had nothing to do in High School, and I thought the endless Squidbillies re-runs were trash.
>>
>>86760122

One pair of butthurt X chromosomes detectes.
>>
>>86760417
But anon, you can't do that!

It lets people freely exercise their prejudice by refusing to hire Shaquandra because they know only a black person could have that name!
>>
>>86758877
Why do they care about Adult Swim? Does literally every place of employment in the world need equal amounts of men and women?
>>
>>86760598
>Why do they care about Adult Swim?
It's Polygone.
>>
>>86760598
No, just office jobs
>>
>>86760551
Yeah, but since the whole Boston thing happened and Keith left:
>Aqua Teen got cancelled
>Space Ghost C2C got axed
>[as] turns into The Seth MacFarlane Network
>Toonami died
(not in order; list incomplete)
>>
>>86760551
And it also used to have Aqua Teen and Metalicalypse until Lazzo shut them down.

Lazzo a shit
>>
>>86758877
Jesus...that pic makes me think "What if Kevin's parents had a gun safe?
>>
>>86759673

If you look up on twitter then yeah holy shit the asshurt is palpable.
>>
>>86760642
Hasn't their business completely fucking tanked since around the time of Gamergate? I know that's what happened to Cracked.

Or is it a Gawker/Jezebel type of thing where they don't lose any readers because sociopathic liberals were the only ones reading in the first place?
>>
>>86760834

The latter. Plus they're owned by Vox, so they've got reliable income.
>>
>>86760834
The main focus of the ad revenue stripping was Gawker and Cucktaku, and Polygone's tagline at this point should just be "And you thought Kotaku was bad!" - when everybody and their mother were rolling on the floor over that episode of Law and Order where gaymurs are terrorists and not just stupid kids who play shit without snapping (truly GOD'S CHOSEN FEW, because we all know how the world is imploding with everyone who plays games is directly affected by them and can't tell reality from make believe), Polygon was going on about how it highlighted the all too pertinent issues of mahogany and, I don't know, maybe how we're two steps away from Armageddon because Cowadoody sells.

Long answer short, yeah, these were the only ones reading in the first place. Also their start up funding was by daddy Microsoft, maybe that still gives them solid footing.
>>
adult swim's typical content is cheap absurdity. are there female creators available for it

can you imagine turning it on and seeing a crudely drawn vagina and the show expressing the creator's social strife
>>
>>86759112
South park is just too much this year.
New ep tonight or hiatus?
>>
>>86760895
>>86760834
Yeah but Gawker is dead either way, the Hulkster made sure of that
>>
>>86761008
Only if it was a satirical kind of way

Or maybe an observer kind of way, like Dethklok watching female comedians tell jokes about their vaginas and either get pissed off because they don't find it funny or think that that's how you comedy and then you have Nathan Explosion talking about his period
>>
>>86760551
Agree'd, these past few years have seen more creative bumps that give animators work and some of the live action shit is actually really fun to watch. I love Eric Andre Show and Black Jesus.

Off the Air is also heavenly creepy.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.