[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm just wondering, why is Wade never remotely happy about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1

I'm just wondering, why is Wade never remotely happy about the fact he got cured of cancer and became a mutant of sorts? He would be dead otherwise.
>>
>>86753146
There is a reason why people commit suicide anon. Life isn't always the correct answer
>>
>>86753146
>became a mutant of sorts
That's your answer, nobody wants to be a mutie
>>
>>86753146
I guess because he's not really happy to just be alive.
>>
>>86753169
real people wouldn't want superhuman regeneration?
>>
>>86753182
not if they are in constant pain or depression

suicide exists for reasons
>>
>>86753146
>cured of cancer
He didn't get cured of cancer he just got super cancer. He won't die but he'll always be in pain.
>>
>>86753231
Well it doesn't kill him so is it a worthy payoff
>>
>>86753146

He looks like a walking tumor. Most people go nuts by just losing their hair. His entire life became erectile dysfunction.
>>
>>86753146
Quality of life. He can't even walk down the street without people looking at him like hes a freak, and hes forever alone because he looks like Freddie Kruger fucked a topographical map of Utah.
>>
>>86753331
At least he can still dick with a costume. Some would even find it kinky.
>>
>>86753270
Some people don't view a life filled with pain to be better than death. Have you heard that bit from Bill Burr about the guy who inherited his father's helicopter tour guide business?
>>
>>86753368

I think people here aren't old enough yet honestly but watching men age and what they do when they lose things..wade in effect is like a full body burn victim. It would be like losing everything you like about yourself. Yeah you get to not die but at cost of your quality of life.

He was on top of the pile and now hobos look better than he does.

I don't know if living would be worth that. Part of me says yes but as we know from wade's life, his life seems to be of suffering and loss.
>>
>>86753146
its not cured you mong
he's in a state his flesh is rotting of cancer then healing it back over and over
if you actually read comics you'd know this
>>
>>86753395
>caring about hairloss
Maybe erectile dysfunction but the pain is dependant on what run it is and looking like a tumor without pain or ability to die is pretty sweet.
>>
>>86753567

All men care about hair loss. I've yet to meet a male above his insecurities, and if you're trying to argue that, I'd have to dig into your insecurities before I found the real answer to these questions.
>>
>>86753146
>he got cured of cancer
No he did not

He just got put in a state of not getting killed by said cancer. Also looking like a deformed burn victim all his life.

And who actually wants to be a mutant? Nobody, not in that universe anyway.
>>
>>86753567
Did you miss the part where he thought all women would be put off by his looks?
>>
>>86753605
Eh, balding with small dick, don't really care. Only thing that would probably cut deep with for me is the time I had to put down my dog because my dad was drinking too much and I couldn't take care of it while in college but that would require some pretty deep digging.
>>
>>86753660
>balding with small dick
>don't really care

Sure you don't anon
>>
>>86753686
Being uninterested in sex while having money is an okay trade off. Still miss my dog though.
>>
>>86753146
So is this movie overrated because it was expected to be shit or is it genuinely good?
>>
>>86753146
Dead, but handsome.
>>
>>86753660

Bud, we all care, I played on football team and everyone has problems if you dig deep enough, pretty boy has daddy issues because he isn't loved but has money and hair.

The one constant I always came up while watching other people is if you dig deep enough you'll always find an interconnected web of insecurities that people spend a lot of time hiding.

That isn't to pick on you, merely to point out you're not above it, I'm not. Our flaws make us what we are in most cases and putting Wade in that lens.. now think about his life.
>>
>>86753270
There's a reason people decide to go through with euthanasia. Pain is, you know. Painful.
>>
>>86753745
Wandered off topic but yeah, I can see why it would suck for Wade, being crazy but sane enough to know what you lost is pretty shit way to live.
>>
>>86753729
Very entertaining, watch it and form your own opinion on the matter.
>>
>>86753231
>>86753146

This guy is essentially correct: >>86753530

He didn't get super cancer; his cancer mutated so that he always has it, it's always killing his healthy cells (which is what cancer does) and his healing factor fights back.
>>
>>86753331
>Most people go nuts by just losing their hair.
Hah, no.
>>
>>86753146
he prayed for death
and right when he was about to die he became immortal
and it drove him insane
>>
>>86755538
>it's always killing his healthy cells (which is what cancer does)
I thought cancer just multiplied indefinitely
>>
>>86753745
Not him but I'm a baldie and hairloss is the least of my issues, which doesn't mean I don't have issues.
It's just not that big a deal and you get to not pay for haircuts.
>>
>>86755615
This. If you want to talk realism than his cancer cells should also have healing factor and just become massive super tumors. Healing factor is something you really don't want because cancer still involves your own cells.
>>
>>86755629
Kinda depends on whether or not you look good with a shaved head. Some people can't pull it off and losing their hair fucks up their aesthetic for the rest of their life.
>>
>>86755848
That is more or less what happened. Wade is basically a giant walking tumor, his mutation caused his cancer to grow out of control but it's also the only thing keeping it from killing him.
>>
>>86756508
But I mean more so. Like say he has a huge tumor on his kidney that starts to crush and damage it. His healing factor will preserve his kidney sure, but shouldn't that tumor just keep swelling and swelling? Right now he looks like a burn victim with the tumors largely contained inside of him but shouldn't they just keep growing and growing?
Can people with healing factors starve? They still have to take in the additional nutrients that are being sapped away to feed those tumors.
>>
Now that his healing factor is permanently keeping it in limbo, could he possibly cure his cancer now given much more time with help from his regeneration?
>>
>>86753146
Am I the only one who thought he didn't look THAT bad? If you ask me, the worst part of it is that he doesn't have hair anymore.
>>
>>86756743
No, you don't understand. Wade has a healing factor, but the cancer also has a healing factor.
>>
In the movie at least, his primary motivation is keeping his girlfriend happy. He thinks that he's so ugly that either she'd reject him or if she didn't she'd feel obligated to stay around someone who looked as bad. So in his eyes either way he's already lost the thing he cared about.
He also acknowledges that it would probably still be better just to talk to her and he's being a wimp by not actually doing so for so long.
>>
>>86756600
I remember a really old /co/ thread that explains healing factors as a system that constantly repairs your body into the way your subconscious views it as.

If Wade decided he didn't want arms anymore then they would grow back.
>>
>>86753146
Movie Deadpool was an incredibly vain individual.

That was his major character flaw. It's why he failed to warn Vanessa about Ajax thereby indirectly getting her kidnapped due to his ego.
>>
>>86756799
>>86753146

Am i always thought that without his cancer, his healing factor will fuck him up, like grow extra limb, eye grow in the body and turn him to abormination monster, where it effectly kill him
>>
>>86753146
Because he was tortured and kinda stuck with a bad case of nasty-face forever.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.