[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else kind of not mind the secret ending of Batman Bey

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: LonginusFyodorZubov.jpg (53KB, 294x450px) Image search: [Google]
LonginusFyodorZubov.jpg
53KB, 294x450px
Anyone else kind of not mind the secret ending of Batman Beyond? I see it get hate here occasionally, but still.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2pfuSxXaMw

Terry realizes he's a clone of Bruce sorta, or his son I think. Due to Amanda Waller fucking around with things and trying to create another Batman. Terry rages because he thinks his entire life has been a joke, and that he was lead down this path without a choice, all of his choices secretly planned for him. However after talking it out with Amanda, he realizes they never really completed the program. They planned to recreate Bruce's parents being killed, but they just couldn't do it.

He's got some Bruce in him, but it didn't matter, he still chose to be Batman on his own, and with no trauma forcing him to be Batman. The fact that it didn't matter in the end is ironically the most important part. Which kinda proves there can always be a Batman, without trauma being the key point towards creating Batman. Batman might be Batman just because its the right thing to do for his city.
>>
>>86748501
two wrongs don't make a right, but a schlocky contrived epilogue can fix a flawed show
i dont care about terry turning out to be bruce's clone, i like that he finally grew up and became a fucking man, with a real chin.
>>
>>86748537
also, as fucking weird as it sounded, it DID tie some shit up nicely between the series
>Future Superman's line about how yeah Terry IS like Bruce, more than you know
>cadmus being the reason genetic tech is banned in the future

actually one thing i didnt even notice until i tried watching all the DCAU in a row is that that one guy at cadmus that set Doomsday free was the same guy from the werewolf episode of BTAS. who in turn, I wanna say, namedropped Langstrom. so like, it all fits together. and to think they only put him in because they were inexplicably forbidden from using Hugo Strange
>>
>>86748537
>bruce's clone

Nope.
>>
I don't have a problem with it, but I don't really get the purpose thematically. It seemed like the point they were trying to make already got proven by the show existing in itself and Terry growing into the role. Trying to explain essentially the concept of Batman to the viewer as if they're retarded and hadn't been watching everything to that point doesn't do anything for anyone. And the nanobot stuff is almost a distraction because people tend to take the opposite message from it than the intent.
>>
Terry was the superior killed troubled son born without Bruce's knowledge or consent..

Damian a shit.
>>
>>86748677
http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Achilles_Milo_%28New_Earth%29
>>
>>86748501
It would be fine in most shows but when you're dealing with DCU Batman, the smartest most awesomest man who's ever lived it feels like wanting to have your Batgod cake and eat it to
>>
File: 1403224885638.jpg (28KB, 510x700px) Image search: [Google]
1403224885638.jpg
28KB, 510x700px
>>86748501
His face looked so goddamn retarded. Why couldn't professional character designers do it yet a fan artist managed to?
>>
when are they gonna make a live action
>>
>>86751055
That looks like mid twenties Terry, also too emo, looks like he has eye shadow on.

OP terry is about to propose so he's obviously closer to 30 or something.
>>
I'm just sad ezra miller gotta be flash, he would have made a good terry (atleast lookwise)
>>
>>86751529
>batman
>emo
no shit

Still, facial proportion-wise, it's a perfect mix of teenage Terry and adult Bruce, while Epilogue Terry looked like neither of them.
>>
>>86748501
>He's got some Bruce in him, but it didn't matter, he still chose to be Batman on his own, and with no trauma forcing him to be Batman.

I haven't watched the series in years but wasn't the murder of his dad waht pushed him on the path that turned him into the new Batman?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.