[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been watching Metalocolypse recently and loving it,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

File: a nathan for ants.jpg (10KB, 250x200px) Image search: [Google]
a nathan for ants.jpg
10KB, 250x200px
I've been watching Metalocolypse recently and loving it, but it's occurred to me that if it premiered in these times it would probably be largely rejected for commercials making it seem like a try hard edgelord show on the level of Trip Tank and Mr. Pickles and the satire would be ignored. Anyone else think so?
>>
Possibly. It would still be a Brendon Small cartoon and have the music going for it.
>>
>>86743375
I've been listening to the Klok opera on repeat for a while now. The one part of "The Duel" where the stallion and eagle form in the clouds is so fucking perfect.
>>
>>86743147
>commercials making it seem like a try hard edgelord show

Wasn't that how it was promoted while it was airing?
>>
lazzo said that if the 2 writers make up, he would approve to make the last season.
the reason he canceled the show was because it started to get too story driven, instead of comedy.
I really do hope they make a new season.
>>
>>86743147
>these times
It is not that old.
>>
>>86744009
If there is any good in the world, it will happen. We got to believe.
>>
File: 1470389782218.jpg (78KB, 659x506px) Image search: [Google]
1470389782218.jpg
78KB, 659x506px
This seems like as good a thread as any to ask this.

How is Dethalbum 3?
I was really into Dethklok when the 1st album dropped and I still love the tracks on it. Dethalbum 2 was kinda meh to me and coincidentally I stopped watching the show around the time the album came out.

How does the 3rd one hold up?
>>
>>86744009
>it started to get too story driven
Oh no, one season out of five would need to be shown in order, how awful.
>>
>>86744673
Dethalbum 2 was a masterpiece you melodically def twit.

If you didn't like it, whatever. But it is much more complex and the arrangements are stunning. It is a much more thought out album. the guitar harmony is much better, the timing is vastly more complex, and I think the percussion is more pronounced instead of just Ringo Starring it for timings sake.

Plus there was no "Hatredcopter" that song Fucking sucks and drags down the quality of the whole first album. It doesn't fit with the rest of the songs, and frankly doesn't sound like Dethklock at all. It sounds more like a Snakes N Barrels song
>>
>>86744416
I honestly don't belive lazzo, I just paraphrased what he said on reddit.
>>
File: 1469628936673.png (24KB, 321x322px) Image search: [Google]
1469628936673.png
24KB, 321x322px
>>86746314
Not saying it was a bad album, friendo, just saying I found it kinda so-so.

Then again, take two things into consideration, when the album came out in '09 I was a senior in Highschool and slowly moving away from death metal/heavy metal/melodic death/whatever genre you want to call it, so maybe I just wasn't feeling it at the time.
And two, I haven't really listened to it since '09 so maybe it's better than I remember.

I'll give it a listen at work tomorrow see if my opinion's any different.
>>
>>86746440
Surprised he said anything about the show at all after that petition livestream.

I'm allowed to dream though :(
>>
>yfw "That's my bread and butter you're fucking with."
>>
>>86747392
me too man. me too.
Metapocalypse needs closure.
>>
>>86743147
It's a good thing the first episode is one of the best in the series. It offers every kind of joke the show has. Over the top gore yes, but also snappy word play, absurdism, juxtaposition etc.

>>86744673
I rate them 2>Doomstar>1>>>3
1 is good, it's got the classic songs. 2 builds on it in every single way, a 100% improvement. Murmaider II is the best Dethklok song.
Doomstar is Doomstar.
And 3, don't get me wrong it's a fine album but it just doesn't have any of that Dethklok feel to it.
>>
File: 1464355616643.png (16KB, 512x468px) Image search: [Google]
1464355616643.png
16KB, 512x468px
>"So your dads gots the bigs K: cancer"
>>
>>86743999
Do you folks like coffee?!
>>
>>86744739
What's the problem with showing episodes in order they come out for reruns?
>>
>>86743925
Daily reminder that The Doomstar Requiem is one of the best hours of television ever.
>>
>>86750151
Executives burst into flames.
>>
Food Library
>>
>>86750151
>>86751205
But when they were rerunning Metalocalypse last Fall they did that anyway

And they always air Family guy and cleveland show and american dad and bob's burgers and king of the hill in order

And superjail too

The fuck is the point of getting your panties in a twist about the order if you air it in order every time anyway?
>>
>>86750037
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jryI5y_z5DQ
>>
>>86744009
>if the two writers made up

What happened between Brendon and Tommy?
>>
>>86751235
Foods Libraries
>>
File: 1466123717394.png (467KB, 579x618px) Image search: [Google]
1466123717394.png
467KB, 579x618px
>>86744009
Lazzo's such a fucking thorn in Adult Swim's ass. Anyone who regrets making SGC2C, constantly renews Robot Chicken, adds more live action shit, cancels Moral Orel after asking Dino to make it darker to only change his mind, and replaces Metalocalypse and Superjail with Mr. Pickles is on my shit list.
even though season 2 of Mr Pickles wasn't as bad

for every step forward, there's 3 steps back
>>
File: toki (1).jpg (22KB, 250x200px) Image search: [Google]
toki (1).jpg
22KB, 250x200px
Incoming dumb question

Wouldn't a 5-6 episode mini-series cost less money than an entirely new season? I keep hearing this excuse of Metalocalypse costing too much money and Brendon not wanting to do an entirely new season, or the story got too story driven. I am legitimately confused.
>>
>Anyone else think so?

No, it's not really that old and it's main demographic is metal fans or at the very least people who have some knowledge of metal.....so it being "edgy" is a non issue/par for the course, you go into it knowing it's going to be edgy because its about a death metal band.....and death metal is edgy to begin with.

The whole "edgy" as an insult thing really only works when applied to things that shouldn't be edgy to begin with but are trying to be, most people throw around the word and look like morons half the time they use it
>>
File: 1331497341902.jpg (34KB, 421x476px) Image search: [Google]
1331497341902.jpg
34KB, 421x476px
>>86744009
>>86751871
OOOOOOH it's starting to a make a little more sense. Mike Lazzo basically has shit taste in what he wants the [as] network to be so he wants Brendon and Tommy to come back together to do a series finale but make it less story driven and more like seasons 1 and 2 (which Tommy Blacha was a part of).

So Mike Lazzo wants a series finale of Metalocalypse only if it's mindless garbage. I'm not saying that the first 2 seasons of Metalocalypse was garbage (season 2 is actually my favorite of the 4). I'm saying that Mike Lazzo doesn't want Metalocalypse to be story driven and just wants 10-20 episodes of the characters to talk about mindless dribble for 11 minutes. Fuck this guy.
>>
i think my favorite thing about the main characters of metalocalypse is that they aren't evil, just really really fucking stupid. if they were intentionally malicious instead of just a bunch of dumbasses my enjoyment would of been alot lower.
>>
>>86751922
Brandon only wants to make a miniseries while adult swim wont fork over the money unless its a full season. Animation wise it's not the most expensive show out there, lots of puppet animations.
>>
>>86754373
I honestly don't believe it's a money issue. Mike Lazzo just doesn't want story driven shows on [as]
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.