[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't he just commit crimes and then leave out the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: TheRiddler.jpg (19KB, 630x479px) Image search: [Google]
TheRiddler.jpg
19KB, 630x479px
Why didn't he just commit crimes and then leave out the riddle part? Or just leave riddles that were intentionally nonsensical and meaningless like how David Lynch makes movies?
>>
>>86742699
He tried. Fucker couldn't resist leaving the riddle. That's what made him realize he IS insane and volunteer himself into arkham for rehab.
>>
>>86742699
Riddler doesn't make riddles for the sake of crime, he crimes for the sake of riddles. There'd be no point to leaving unsolvable riddles or committing crimes without a trick behind them.
>>
>>86744365

>There'd be no point

Money?
>>
>>86742699
It's his tic. He needs to leave riddles behind.
>>
>>86742699
Cause he's literally mentally disturbed.
>>
Nygma's riddles are sometimes red herrings to distract the cops. While they're cracking a code he's prepping for a getaway, but Batman and Robin usually get wise to his act and catch him.

>>86744486
Money's just a bonus. What he loves most of all is showing off how clever he is.
>>
>>86742699
He actually cannot. He is routinely placed in Arkham because he is so mentally fucked he can't stop himself from leaving riddles everywhere.
>>
>>86744486
Riddler isn't some broke shmuck who's only in crime because he can't get a job in other industries. He steals because it fuels his hobby, if there were no riddles involved he'd just work at the bank instead of robbing it.
>>
File: 1461283063086.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1461283063086.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>86742699
He's insane. He's so self-involved and insecure that he NEEDS to prove to everyone that he is smarter than anyone, but everyone hates riddles, nobody wants to spend their time solving this freak's never-ending brain-teasers, so he sets up situations that force people like Batman or the GCPD to try to solve them.
Getting away with a bank-vault worth of money simply isn't as important to him as outsmarting everyone in order to do it.
>>
>>86744819

Personally I'd rather fight a villain who challenged me on a strategic level. Like setting up a giant board full of automated pawns with different skills, and then told to test my skill at command against his.
>>
>>86745094
I mean, he's done stuff like that. The old Batman stories are filled with shit like that from practically all his villains.
>>
>>86742699
You can't be a popular Batman rogue without having a mental condition.
>>
>>86742699
why don't you read comics?
>>
I think the only time I enjoy Riddler is when he's in this costume. His green tights costume hasn't ever looked interesting.
>>
>>86742699

He's a massive narcissist.
>>
>>86744665
>Nygma's riddles are sometimes red herrings to distract the cops. While they're cracking a code he's prepping for a getaway, but Batman and Robin usually get wise to his act and catch him.

I really liked that about his first appeareance on The Batman.

He actually set up a pretty damn complicated plan just to be able to comit the other, real, crime.
>>
In his first comic appearances, his strategies kinda worked. He just went nuts with it later.
>>
>>86742699
Shitty writer answer: mental illness
Good writer answer: >>86744365
>>
>>86744819
What's the source on this image? Hench girls are cute.
>>
>>86746589
Hench girls are lez.
>>
>>86746623
Even better.
>>
>>86745899
You can thank Frank Gorshin for that. He fucking hated wearing tights so much that the suit and bowler hat that we now associate with the Riddler were created especially for him.
>>
His dick is curved and he has one testicle so that the whole package looks like a question mark
>>
>>86742812

Got it in one.

He has tried, not once, but several times, to commit crimes without leaving riddles. The compulsion beats him every time.
>>
>>86742699

The writers of "B:TAS" called Riddler the most difficult villain to do.
>>
File: batman riddler.jpg (85KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
batman riddler.jpg
85KB, 500x375px
>>86746703
Man, I see now why everyone says NPH should play Riddler.
>>
>Or just leave riddles that were intentionally nonsensical and meaningless like how David Lynch makes movies?
>nonsensical and meaningless

Fucking pleb faggot, stick to your cartoons.
>>
>>86742699
I kinda want Private Eye Riddler
>>
File: 4041137-6623920748-secre.jpg (194KB, 620x929px) Image search: [Google]
4041137-6623920748-secre.jpg
194KB, 620x929px
Stupid modern answer = Because he's crazy and literally can't not leave a riddle, since all of Batman's villains have to be crazy reflections on himself.

Old answer = He's basically doing this shit all for fun, he enjoys this life of colorful crime and bullshit. He likes the attention, the gimmicks, and all of it. Really when you get down to it as well, he likes being the smartest guy around, if he hears there's another smart guy then he wants to match wits against him in colorful ways.

Batman vs Riddler, Riddler is doing it in part because he wants to prove he's the smartest and beat the other smartest guy in town in wits, because he fancies himself as pretty smart. You say leave out the riddle, I'd say he cares about the riddle more than the money part at times.

This game of wits used to be more fun for him, until Joker went and ruined it. Then modern comics ruined it more, by trying to make all villains out to be Joker, all of them had to be crazy.
>>
>>86744486
He really doesn't care about the money, he's doing it for riddles. Its all a giant game for him.

>>86744748
This
>>
>>86748076

I'm surprised the comics, to my knowledge, haven't made Joker and Riddler rivals (since both try to outwit Batman in different ways).
>>
>>86748120
The most natural development Riddler almost ever had, was when he decided to quit crime and open a detective business. It had a shit load of potential, until a new writer came along, hated it, destroyed it, and brought his entire character back four or five steps. Which is 90% of the problem I have with comics.

You can have a character almost change in an interesting way, but the second a new writer comes along, you can bet that the entire thing is ruined and pulled back ten steps. Even if they don't immediately retcon it, they still ruin it. Like they ruined the only good plot-line of Wonderwomen recently.

Its like crabs in a bucket, they can't ever advance anywhere or get out of the bucket, because the second one of them almost does something real, the others all pull him back down into it.
>>
File: 1470448671673.jpg (102KB, 660x613px) Image search: [Google]
1470448671673.jpg
102KB, 660x613px
He's separating himself from the responsibility making a decision by waiting for someone to figure it out. Anyone who can solve it really 'gets' him and he thinks it's worth putting his life on the line for the chance of someone to figure it out.
Also it's no fun to him if there's no risk.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.