[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Homestar Runner is easily the best flash series from the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: dangeresque 3 2.png (55KB, 547x396px) Image search: [Google]
dangeresque 3 2.png
55KB, 547x396px
Homestar Runner is easily the best flash series from the early 2000's
>>
I would call it the best flash series of all time. What else has aged as well as Homestar Runner? I can watch cartoons from 2002 and still be just as amused now as I was back then.
>>
>>86738287
Can't really debate that.
>>
DELORT THIS
>>
File: 1377055364960.png (61KB, 738x576px) Image search: [Google]
1377055364960.png
61KB, 738x576px
>>86738478
>>
>>86738315
I was just thinking about that, I could throw on any old sbemail or teen girl squad and still enjoy it as much as I used to. It helps that they rarely used pop culture parodies/references like a ton of other flash cartoons at the time.
>>
>>86738315
In terms of web cartoons, Happy Tree Friends holds up pretty well.
I would also say Bonus Stage, but it's humor clearly came from 2003.
>>
>>86738478
kek
>>
-UT YOUR PANTS BACK ON, BLUE LASER
>>
>>86740696
THESE HARDLY QUALIFY AS PANTS!
>>
>>86739632
>Bonus Stage

My fuckin nigga, here I was thinking the Web forgot Bonus Stage.

>"Unlike you, you're a sissy sheep."
>"BURN ALMIGHTY-Y-Y-Y!"
>>
Your games are so bad, it's more fun watching grass grow.
>>
Why come only one girl?
>>
>>86741401
>"I'd like to call the Vorticons to the stand."
>"The Vorticons!?"
>"Yes, dear child, the Vorticons. For years I have battled to keep them sealed away, in the furthest reaches of the galaxy, but silently, they plot for a grand uprising, and it all starts with the framing of an innocent man for murder!"
>"...Have you lost all touch with reality!?"
Keen was hilarious.
>>
It lost its charm pretty quickly when it stopped being about comfy shenanigans and more about inside references both to things the brothers chap like and to past episodes

also I can never understand a goddamn word Homestar says these days
>>
The site is so garbage to navigate, almost impossible to watch the things.
>>
>>86741849
Literally got me into Alien Ant Farm.
>>
>>86743547
That's my only major complaint with Homestar. Eventually it got too self referential. It was hard for me to introduce friends to the show when all the jokes required prior knowledge to a million different older episodes.
>>
Shit, it's easily one of my favorite things in existence
>>
>>86738478
Del Taco?
>>
>>86743480

I used to think the older episodes were a bit tedious but they really grew on me after a while. The episode where they go into the Internet puts me in stitches every fucking time.

>"An ancient burial ground on the internet?"
>"Of course, it was built on the remains of Turok Online."
>"THERE WAS GONNA BE A TUROK ONLINE?!"
>>
>>86738521
>It helps that they rarely used pop culture parodies/references

Well they did. But they were all from like the fucking 80s or of kids books or somesuch.
>>
>>86744077
It was an amazing thing to see the ever expanding universe of nonsense that spiraled out of single one off jokes.
>>
Man I miss weekly sbemails. Made going to high school worth it.
>>
>>86738521
it really is one of the most rewatchable things around. truly the simpsons of the internet
>>
>>86747944
I recently went through and watched all the sbemails, and man, I forgot how weekly it really was. Like, to the point where they animated shit to apologize for not being able to animated shit.

I hope there's a 'Ween toon at the end of the month.
And that that thing they apparently did at the 20th anniversary show gets to the site.
>>
>>86747997
It got pretty impressive at the end how they managed to churn out decently sized content weekly. Serious work ethic there.
>>
>>86743547
>I can never understand a goddamn word Homestar says these days
that's pretty weird considering they're finally using higher quality mics
>>
>>86744077
I love inside references
what I don't terribly like are ones like 'dictionary' where the entire joke is 'hehe we sure do do that'
it should have been less self-aware.
but even the worst of homestar is still great
>>
>>86738478
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXdv_BJBvew
>>
>>86741849
Your games are so bad, we'd have more fun watching Tom burn

I still pronounce it SQUARE ENIX like the CEO did when he came out of his disguise.
>>
eeaehhh ya done a great joaerb there, /coo/. I mean /ca/
/cho/!
/coc/!
/cor/!
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.