[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Relaunching the entire main superhero line with a strong

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 1

File: DC_Logo.jpg (111KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DC_Logo.jpg
111KB, 1200x1200px
>Relaunching the entire main superhero line with a strong focus on the core traditional values that defined the DC characters, ditching the neo-90s aesthethic, while also bringing back beloved characters and relationships. All of which resulted in the strongest sales the company had in a very long time
>Launching the Young Animal line, a haven for lovers of experimental comics, which works as a spiritual successor of early Vertigo while keeping what worked of the DC You approach but without the risk of being cancelled quickly due to already different sales expectations
>Hanna Barbera line is surprisingly good
>Creators are allowed to work with special personal projects such as American Alien, Legend of Wonder Woman, Supergirl: Being Super, True Amazon, etc.
>Wildstorm is back heralded by Warren Ellis
>Milestone is coming back too
>Diversity using already estabilished characters
>The digital line is strong and offers a nice alternative to the main cape comics
>Rebuilding bridges with people like Isabella, Priest, Rucka, Ellis, and now possibly Waid.
>Signing exclusivity contracts with hot new talent such as King

Are they getting their shit together? Have they finally found a balance of everything? I haven't felt this good about DC in a very long time.
>>
>>86738131

It seems like a lot of the changes to editorial and universe direction that allowed for this to happen had been in place or in the works for awhile and just now we're seeing it pay off.

DC actually put in effort to build a better relationship between the different parts of their staff and the actual creative teams, and having that infrastructure in place is really what made all this possible.
>>
>>86738131
It's long overdue. I'm happy for them after getting so much shit from people. Hopefully they can mantain the momentum and all the current good will around the company.
>>
>>86738246
>fix marvel and quit worrying about DC
Based dude.

And seriously, why does Marvel love to throw shade at DC whenever they do something? I hardly see anyone do the same in DC side.
>>
>>86738246
>that clapback
But srriously Marvel fix yourself. DC is getting shit done but you are literally only using gimmicks to get sales.
>>
>>86738393
There's a reason that they are the Distinguished Competition.
>>
>>86738246
>fix marvel and quit worrying about DC

My fucking sides. This comment is old as shit but it made my week.
>>
>>86738246
>And all because they went back to a classic "circle with DC in the middle" logo.

seems legit
>>
>>86738441
It's kinda weird being old enough to remember when Marvel and DC really did have a friendly rivalry. We'd get crossovers and writers and editors would openly admire work done at the other company. After Joe Q took over that all went out the window.
>>
>>86738500
Maybe these constant failure in the comics will give us back. Because Marvel cant have its head up it ass that far.
>>
>>86738526
Not only that. It's also that vindictive and greedy Mouse company that is responsable for such kind of animosity between the big two. Look how the Mouse reduced the most popular Marvel franchise, the X-Men, because "don't have the rights". For the Mouse everything that doesn't allow them to have their usual cash grab is an enemy to crash.
>>
DC's editiorial is still a shit and a half, so we'll see the benefits from this crash sooner or later.
>>
>>86738526
As long as Joey Q and Alonso (who was a good vertigo editor actually) are there it won't happen.
People cite Brevoort but honestly he just likes being an asshole, which he does to DC because the company supports it. If hebjad to play nice with DC he would
>>
>>86738131
>>Milestone is coming back too

This is the only thing that I genuinely doubt.
>>
>>86738630
Nah, DC editorial has *massively* improved. The only remaining sourspots are maybe Berganza (although the Super and GL books are turning out well) and Harras himself, and Johns has more-or-less replaced Harras in all important aspects.
>>
It is a good time to be a DCfag.
>>
>>86738608
Im pretty sure its not Disney's fault. >>86738640
Why tho? Whats their problem with DC?
>>
>>86738630
Mouseketeer please. You have ruined a lot of your most popular characters and franchises, because of your agenda and your greed. DC at least trying to correct the mistakes they did, while not offering crap for 4.99 $, like your company does.
>>
>>86738131
>of everything
No
>>
>>86738131
I would like for them to make good comics again so hopefully.
>>
>>86738246
>fix marvel and quit worrying about dc
holy shit
>>
>>86738500

the last time I saw someone from Marvel praise DC work was Brevoort saying he liked Soule's Swamp Thing, 2 weeks before Soule was announced Marvel exclusive.

oh and Brevoort saying he regrets hiring people like Gary Frank and Ivan Reis to work with Johns during his Marvel days because they followed him to DC.
>>
Would this campaign have been successful if New 52 hadn't preceeded it? Sort of a New Coke Strategy?
>>
>>86738131
>>Creators are allowed to work with special personal projects such as American Alien, Legend of Wonder Woman, Supergirl: Being Super, True Amazon, etc.
Most of those are pre Rebirth era and a retelling of Sueprgirl's origin is not "a personal project. I like the creative team, but it could've been put on something better. The super line is getting so many titles for some reason...
>Wildstorm is back heralded by Warren Ellis
Fuck Ellis
>Diversity using already estabilished characters
Always been a thing with DC
>Rebuilding bridges with people like Isabella
Who cares?
>Priest
That is actually really cool, but they're probably too retarded to give him more than one title
>Rucka
burnt out one trick pony
>Ellis
Fuck Ellis
>and now possibly Waid.
>Signing exclusivity contracts with hot new talent such as King
That's a good one, but over half of the people that got exclusives are mediocre as fuck.
Please no

Rebirth was a mistake.
>>
>>86738790
Do the stars make you feels special faggot? You realize you can't get upvote a here, correct?
>>
>>86738845
Fuck, I sounded like Mario there lmao
>>
>>86738764
Superman's success no
Other stuff maybe
>>
>>86738806
Hi Tom.
>>
>>86738653
It's supposed to happen, and DC has made a few announcements about it, but no one knows when.
>>
>>86738698
I like DC far more than Marvel, but I've heard promises of the editorial improving and admittance of mistakes from the day I entered, and that was a decade ago. They can keep trying to change their direction, but as long as their editorial force stays tyrannical and meddling all those improvements mean fuck-all. They always either get forgotten or actively regressed away from.
>>
>>86738741
On the other hand, they have let King actively shill his DC work in the Vision letters column, so...
>>
>>86738131
Don't forget removing tumblr political correctness cancer like mansplaining Wonder Woman
>>
Is this it?
Is this the revival age of comics?
>>
>>86740694
At that point they probably gave up caring.
>>
>>86740849
the villain of the wonder woman right now is literally a physical embodiment of "masculine toxicity"
>>
>>86738131
eh, there's still a lot of 90s pandering though. action comics and red hood read just like mediocre 90s comics. brett booth is on titans.

and then there's justice league, which is just shit
>>
>>86738689

Joe Q IIRC has a personal grudge after his Azrael was cancelled a while bac
>>
>>86740849
Pretty sure they're still running that online only comic that everyone blows out of proportion.
>>
>>86738806
Priest only wants one title right now anon
>>
All your PR speak doesn't change the fact that Rebirth has less quality and variety than the flaming dumpster fire that was The New 52. But DC is saved keep buying the Rebirth one shot special over and over again.
>>
>>86742204
You sound pretty salty, friend.
>>
>>86742204
But... But... sales numbers!
>>
>>86738630
Fixing editorial is exactly why things have been so good
Batman can sit again aquaman is getting married.
>>
>>86738653
At this point nothing would suprise me.
We have a fucking horror romance coming out the 2 genres hit hardest by the cca.
>>
>>86742204
The new 52 had 3 books with Lobdell. 2 with J.T. Krul, 2 with Tony Daniel, 2 with Judd Winick, other with David Finch, As writers. I pretty much take the actual roster of Rebirth over thar mess.
>>
>>86738764
The core rebirth books possibly.
All the new lines and shit no that would have worked at any time.
>>
>>86742204

Can I have some fries with this salt?
>>
>>86740849
They learnt there lesson the moment that happened.
I am a little worried about supergirls mini though
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.