[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So... these two aren't really that bad of guys are they?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

So... these two aren't really that bad of guys are they? There master plan is to stop gentrification and improve the community, they provide a local buisnesd that hires many people who wouldnt get jobs other wise and act as a center of art suppott for Harlem and they even avoid attacking neutral places like Pop's babershop. When a guy did go off the reservation he was punished for it and Cottonmouth was even going to rebuild the shop.

Like the worst thing he did was kill Shameek amd the dude was a psycho dick who robbed his boss.

Even the "crime" they are doing isnt that bad,like Cottonmouth said its all just Second Ammendment shit.

Hell Cottonmouth and Black Mabel are less legally grey than most superheroes are.

I dont mean this as an X DID NOTHING WRONG shitpost but they dont seem like they are bad or hell even evil. Cottonmouth strikes as more lawful neutral, eye for the eye code of the streets type shit and Black Mabel legit is about Harlem any costs, even if its shake downs (and people were WILLINGLY supporting her anyway) they barely seem like villains; anti heroes even
>>
>>86690650

What do you think happens with the weapons he sells?
>>
shooting people dead =/= second amendment
>>
He sent his boys out to rob everybody on the block.

Fuck that guy
>>
>>86690650
Mariah is quite obviously only in it for herself. She's a politician, she plays an angle - I don't see how any of its genuine. And Cottonmouth was insane, both use fear and oppression in their quest for power. And that shit is clearly evil dude.
>>
>>86690742
Honestly isnt using extralegal violence to support your community what being a superhero is all abour?
>>
What's wrong with our society when sociopathic murderers are considered villains?
>>
>>86690784
But what I'm trying to say isn't they were only supporting their community through supporting themselves. I feel like those characters in the end when left with either of the two, they'd choose themselves. And to answer a further question, no I don't think a (typical but GOOD) hero would do the same faced with the choice.
>>
>>86690650
>There master plan is to stop gentrification and improve the community,

BM maybe, but Cottonmouth outright laughed at her when she suggested that, he was interested in power, ruling through fear, and getting rich, that was it. Nothing in the show indicated he wanted what was best for Harlem, and everything pointed to him being ready to kill whoever if it meant more power.

>Like the worst thing he did was kill Shameek amd the dude was a psycho dick who robbed his boss.

He also shot the guy who said not to rattle Luke's cage like a dumbass, and that came back on him hard.

>Even the "crime" they are doing isnt that bad

Military grade weapons with the serial numbers filed off probably aren't going to be used for self defense.

>Hell Cottonmouth and Black Mabel are less legally grey than most superheroes are.

Right, because they're entirely legally black. Literally, every single thing they did was 100 percent illegal, immoral, and hurt a lot of innocent people by breaking into apartments, stealing shit, robbing others, and destroying livelyhoods all in the pursuit of power, but Luke Cage roaming around and stopping gun deals when he happens across them is way more legally grey.

He doesn't play by the law, he plays by the rules he thinks are important, which is don't hit certain targets, and that's it.
>>
>>86690784
One removes violence from the streets, the other creates more violence that leads to things like having to beat and rob and explode people to 'keep face'.

One of them requires someone to hunt down someone who doesn't want to pay them for money they're not owed for protection against something only they can do and breaking them when they can't pay the bills to 'save face', the other involves stopping someone someone innocent from getting hurt and then going on your way.

You think Spiderman leaves little checks for people to fill out when he breaks up a drug ring in payment for his actions? No.

When it comes down to it, one of them made life a lot harder, a lot less safe, and a lot more likely for you to die for nothing more than somebody had a bad day, and the other involves making it so that people like that get stopped.
>>
>>86691107
But what about the community rec centers and the jobs and affordable housing and keeping Harlem from being Gentrified.

Mariah used unscrupulous methods to get the job done just like thete grandma did to blsck mail old perverts for jungle gyms.

History is full of heroes who got there hands dirty for the greater good. Sure they ran guns, but that money probably went to beyter causes than most taxes did
>>
>>86691188
you seem to be a very dense person.
>>
>>86690650
I think a few times it was shown that Cottonmouth does not give a shit which is why he doesn't care that people knows what he does. Mariah doesn't either but still does the mental gymnastics to make herself believe she does. Kinda like Fisk though I think she will have some form of code before she breaks it while he just had a nuke it all mentality.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.