[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been out of the loop for the past few years on reading

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 1469308409358.jpg (163KB, 500x741px) Image search: [Google]
1469308409358.jpg
163KB, 500x741px
I've been out of the loop for the past few years on reading DC as Nu52 was terrible and put me off on reading most serials.

But lately I've been hearing DC is making a comeback, is this true or am I being rused again? And if they're actually good, what are the recommended series?
>>
>>86684486
DC Rebirth is just an elaborate prank being pulled by 4chan in conjunction with the rest of the world specifically to fuck with Geoff Johns by making him think that he actually helped save a dying company/industry with his radical idea of giving people what they actually want instead making them pissed off all of the time.
>>
>>86684486
I never understood nu52, with Infinity Crisis and Final Crisis it was about bringing the Golden Age and Silver Age DC universe back from the dead after people saw that Crisis On Inifinity Earths was a mistake.

Flashpoint and Nu52 are like the Zero Hour (anyone remember this event?)
>>
File: tom brevoort.jpg (32KB, 625x295px) Image search: [Google]
tom brevoort.jpg
32KB, 625x295px
>>86684552
>his radical idea of giving people what they actually want instead making them pissed off all of the time.
What stupidity is this? Everyone knows the only way to save comics is to constantly irritate our small and ever-shrinking base of loyal customers!
>>
Not gonna lie, I still tear up at this scene.
>>
Is Future's End any good? Worth a read?
>>
>>86685545
No. No.
>>
>>86684702
No, New 52 was more like Crisis while Rebirth is more like Zero Hour.
>>
Are any of the New 52 events good or worth reading?

>>86685611
>>
>>86685939
Forever Evil
>>
>>86685939
While not an event, I thought Rot World was pretty neat.
>>
>>86685977
yeah that's actually the only one I read. I enjoyed it as well but was wondering (hoping) others were good. I stopped reading much after Forever Evil.

I'm going to finish off the rest of the run of Batman which I was enjoying as well. Should I then just jump onto the Rebirth titles I like or is there more in the New 52 that's important or really good?
>>
File: New New 52 Small.png (2MB, 971x998px) Image search: [Google]
New New 52 Small.png
2MB, 971x998px
>>86686067
Here's what I was reading from that time; everything on it but Arrow, Deathstroke, Green Arrow, and Sensation Comics were liked by a decent chunk of /co/.
>>
>>86687329
That is a whole lot more than I can possibly read! I will take a look at some of the ones with characters I like, but I worry I might then miss out on some good ones with characters that haven't grown on me yet.
>>
>>86687365
Yeah, it was a fairly decent period, if you knew where to look, and if your favourite characters weren't being ruined.
>>
>>86684486
It is true, DC is making a comeback.
Rebirth is the best phase that DC has gotten, since it is pretty much a reconnection with everything that made DC popular, plus making way for new, interesting and continuity related changes.

Also, Superman, Batman, are two of the most recommended runs, thanks to both writers actually being damn good.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.