[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>friend asks me why a lot of my comics are in rather poor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Re_31485.jpg (58KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Re_31485.jpg
58KB, 400x400px
>friend asks me why a lot of my comics are in rather poor condition
>tell him it's because I take them with me to read
>the concept seemed completely foreign to him
>all he said was 'why even buy them then'

This is a friend who has two books published on amazon and one in the works that we were just bouncing ideas for moments before the conversation.

When I thought about it he honest to god doesn't have a single physical copy of any book or comic book. All he has is SD cards filled to the brim with them.

Why does this make me feel old?
>>
>>86657518
>Why does this make me feel old?
It shouldn't, physical/digital is just a matter of personal preference. Your friend obviously has his reasons why he prefers the latter and told you as such. Little to do with age unless you're 50 odd and the whole concept of the digital age has passed by you, which it clearly has't seeing as though you're here
>>
I'm more /lit/ than /co/ but anyway, for me it's a pleasure to find somewhat old and rare used books, read them, and then put them in my small library and see it grow.
I'm 22
>>
>>86658240
Same, I'm 25
>>
>>86657518
The assumption here that books should be display objects unreasonably pisses me off. I view books the same way I view any other tool-- That is to say, I only buy them if I'm going to be using them regularly for a while. Otherwise, I borrow.

I don't have that many books on my shelf. Probably 30 or so, without counting them. A lot of nonfiction and mythology anthologies. But I've pulled them all down and travelled with them and read them repeatedly.

Everything else, I get from the fucking library or download and delete. Because why would I want it cluttering up my fucking apartment if I was only going to read it once?
>>
>>86657518
>in rather poor condition
BUY BAGS AND BOARDS AND A LONGBOX YOU NIGGER
COMICS ARE NOT PRINTED ON ACID-FREE PAPER AND PROBABLY WILL NEVER BE

SOME DAY YOU MIGHT ACCIDENTALLY REPRODUCE AND WANT YOUR KIDS TO READ THEM

YES, I MAD
>>
>>86658240
Currently working on getting my hands on all the Known Space books by Larry Niven. I could buy them off the internet but I'd rather buy them in person. They are proving oddly difficult to find.
>>
>>86657518
Tell him that when Apocalypse happens there wont be computers or technology around.
>>
>>86658408
I've never read his books even thought I'm an huge fan of sci-fi.
By the way almost everytime I find an used book wrote by Clarke or Gibson I buy it even if I've never read reviews about it
>>
>>86658606
I highly recommend it. Start with Ringworld series. The first book as a bit too much romance in it and the start is slow but the second half of the first book and the rest of the series is amazing. By far the most interesting scifi world/setting I've read. Most renderings of Ringworld get the scope of things completely wrong, even the bookcovers do. While this image isn't of great quality it gets the scope of the ringworld and what the "arch" would look like while hovering several miles over the ringworld surface.
>>
File: Ringworld 2010.jpg (73KB, 800x1067px) Image search: [Google]
Ringworld 2010.jpg
73KB, 800x1067px
>>86658705
Forgot the image.
>>
>>86657518
Honestly physical comics and books are cheaper than digital if you get them used. I don't have money to waste on some 9.99 book, yeah right. Same reason why I still buy (used) CDs.
>>
>>86658346
Bitch please.
I already have a Donald horde.
My parents had something similar, and so did my uncles and aunts.
Its fine.
So long its properly stored.
>>
>>86658966
And digital are cheaper than physical if you get the digital "used"
>>
>>86657518
I kind of understand obsessive preservation for single issues but it always weirds me out when people extend that to tpbs and books. As long as the pages are fine I don't mind nicks or dents or creases in the spine.
>>
>>86657518
>two books published on amazon
That's not an exploit.
>>
>>86658705
Added to the list with Gene Wolfe and Stanislaw Lem
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.