[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, the evil plans of TWO Netflix Marvel big bads were just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

So, the evil plans of TWO Netflix Marvel big bads were just gentrification?
>>
>>86645743
There isn't much place to go with street level human bad guys.
>>
>>86645759
drug dealing. human trafficing. car jacking. making "The nutshack"
>>
>>86645743
Spoilers, asshole.
>>
HOL UP, SO YOU BE SAYIN
>>
>>86645869
...we some kinda Suicide Squad?
>>
>>86645743
Gun running and embezzlement isn't gentrification
>>
>>86645743
Don't you know, anon? Rising property values are bad.
>>
>>86645743
>big bad
>>
>>86645925
That was the whole point of kingpins plan. Get rid of the undesireables
>>
>>86645743
These niggas ain't dr.doom, they see shit street level that's the big picture.
But you knew that already.
>>
Shares a universe with Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.
>>
>>86645743
WOOOOO SUBTLE
B R A V O SNYDER
>>
>>86645944
Yeah but Cottonmouth just wanted money and respect. At best he played lip service to the community and his cousin was funding anti gentrification measures
>>
>Harlem
>poster of Brooklyn rapper
Should have been a Killa Cam poster desu.
>>
>>86645743
Dd season 1 was actively based on what happened to irl hell kitchen in the 80s.

They even have the hand subbing in for the japanese companies that bought up all the land
>>
File: theo-rossi-luke-cage-shades[1].jpg (290KB, 640x948px) Image search: [Google]
theo-rossi-luke-cage-shades[1].jpg
290KB, 640x948px
What a fucking weird choice in casting.
>>
>>86646579
Nah, need someone dead. Big L
>>
>>86645796
They all already do that stuff. This is usually a means to an end.
>>
>>86645743
Don't think Cottonmouth really had an "evil plan" and if he did it wasn't gentrification. He just wanted control over Harlem.
>>
>>86645743
How dare those bastards try to make the ghetto a livable place!
>>
Gentrification is kind of a big deal in NYC.

I actually don't mind the recent uptick in crime and bombings. MAYBE THE RENT WILL GO DOWN.
>>
Why did they call him cottonmouth?
>>
File: world's greatest black hero.jpg (717KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
world's greatest black hero.jpg
717KB, 960x1440px
>>86645939
>>86646095
I recently bought up five houses for $20,000 each because a big development firm bought up all the commercial lots nearby and I think the area in question is about to take off. I intend to work on them and either rent them to hipsters or sell them at a substantially higher price. Is Luke Cage going to come beat me up for that? Did I live long enough to see myself become the villain?

On an unrelated note could Luke Cage defeat meteorman?
>>
>>86647043
Because he was a dirty fucking snake.
>>
>>86646888
He is pretty based though. I hated him when he first showed up, but the way he continually prodded Mariah and Corrnell was amazing
>>
>>86647152
No, he's really good. It's just that in the comics he's a black guy and in the show he's fucking Pitbull.
>>
>>86647093
Reeee financially well off people keep it to yourselves
>>
>>86646888
>They gave Shades a real name

Unforgivable.
>>
>>86647395
Hey fuck you I put my life savings into those houses, I've already had to tell vagrants to piss off at gunpoint, I think I have EARNED a little financial success, and if Luke Cage or Black Lies Matter shows up they're getting a .45 straight up their ass.
>>
>>86645743
Gentrification in NY for $$$ has been the evil plans of villains in movies, tv shows, and comics for DECADES. Let alone real life.

It's not implausible for two Marvel street level villains (both of whom live and operate in NY).
>>
>>86647093
Did you hire thugs to beat up the old tenants and force them to sell to you?

No?

Then probably not.
>>
What's the kisscartoons of liveaction?
I don't want to wait till next week to finish watching
>>
>>86645743
I haven't finished Luke Cage yet but how is his plan gentrification?
His cousin is building project housing which is basically the opposite of gentrification also he's a gunrunning, protection racketeering, murdering gangster.
>>
>>86648951
couchtuner
>>
>>86648848
Say I hypothetically threatened some homeless people to get the fuck out, would that qualify? They weren't the owners, the owners got good money.
>>
>>86649461
It might.

Assuming they scraped together some cash and paid him.

You'd definitely be on the potential justice list of, say, D-Man, though.
>>
>>86649534
Those bums never paid the owner shit, the owner was a trust fund baby who inherited it and either didn't know about the homeless problem or was too much of a pussy to get them out. Either way he never told me about them.

Hypothetically of course.
>>
>>86645939
It's not the rising property values. It's the side effect that middle/low people who have been living and working there for years, decades, even generations suddenly can't afford to stay anymore and have to either move to shittier places or end up homeless.
>>
File: gentrification by monster.jpg (69KB, 358x523px) Image search: [Google]
gentrification by monster.jpg
69KB, 358x523px
>>
>>86650372
Mortgages are shitty deals, the only reason people agree to them is because renting is an even worse deal. If you aren't working a temporary/seasonal job and you're renting you're being ripped off.
>>
>>86648757
Wow eres tan macho anon
>>
>>86649947
I thought roleplaying was a thing just on /x/.
Seems like the retards are spreading.
>>
>>86645743
Netflix isn't very creative.
>>
>>86645743
best villain ever i bet he'd vote for drumff
>>
>>86647613

He had one in the books too

Sucks that we didn't see Comanche that much and them as a duo. Instead of a marksman with bows and arrows, Comanche could've been reinvented as a expert with guns and Shades's shooter
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.