[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled, what was your honest opinion on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: avengers 2.5.jpg (180KB, 1100x563px) Image search: [Google]
avengers 2.5.jpg
180KB, 1100x563px
Now that the dust has settled, what was your honest opinion on Captain America: Civil War?

Where would you rank it within the MCU?
>>
Great movie, definitely within the Top 5 of the MCU. I can't quite figure out if I favor it over "The Winter Soldier", though.
>>
>>86640330

It has some good action scenes but that's about it.

The plot is really bad if we start talking about politics like adults.

Most people think that siding with Cap is siding with freedon!!!!! while in reality Cap is acting like a terrorist.

Zemo will end up as yet another forgetable villiain. Yes hardcore nerds will talk about him but the point is that he will be forgoten like Robert Redforn in Winter Soldier.

Also Cap has more chemistry with Bucky than any female character
>>
>>86640330
shit
>>
I'm still salty that it was more of a team movie than a Captain America movie. Mainly because I don't give a shit about Iron Man or RDJ so it just felt like a missed opportunity rather than something I could enjoy despite that.

It's not bad but I can't like it.
>>
>>86640330
Bucky deserved to die and cap needed to come to terms with that. Mind control was a poor cop out when the subject willingly lets themselves fall victim to it
>>
>>86640330
It was ok
>>
>>86641028
Bucky didn't willing let himself fall victim to brainwashing.
>>
>>86640330
One of the better MCU movies so far. It's hard to tell if it was better than Cap 2 or not. Winter Soldier was more tightly focused, but Civil War was more of a spectacle.
>>
Good Avengers movie, shit Captain America movie.

Winter Soldier > First Avenger > Civil War

Civil War > Avengers > Age of Ultron
>>
>>86641140
Oh right, it was also a pretty good Iron Man movie. Don't care much about the character, but he was the best he's been since Iron Man 1.
>>
The only MCU I like is Guardians, Iron Man 1 and Winter Soldier but I didn't HATE this the way I did the Avengers movies. It was too long and had some wild tone issues and a few shitty visuals. It would have been a million times better if they ejected all of the shared universe trash and cameos and made an actual Captain America movie where he has an ideological conflict with Stark and it's explored all the way through.

One thing it did was make me hype for Black Panther. That actor and the character in general stole every scene and I'm excited to see if Marvel will give Coogler some freedom or if we'll get more cookie cutter shared universe trash.
>>
>>86640330
I loved it. It was able to juggle all the characters and still make it feel like a Captain America movie. It was also good as an Avengers movie too.

The conflict between Cap and Tony was also less one-sided than it was in the comic, which I thought was good.

I'd probably rank it first or second. Either way, this and Winter Soldier have been my two favorites.
>>
>>86640330
Disappointing.
>>
>>86640330
Good, but could have been so, so much better.
>>
My top 5
>GOTG
>IM
>CW
>AM
>Avengers/TFA tied
>>
>>86640330
I liked it. Probably the only MCU movies I liked more were Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy. The first two acts of Iron Man and First Avenger might be better, but I feel like both stumbled in the third act.

The weakest point of CW was Zemo. There are pieces of a good villain, though we don't see enough of him for him to be more than a plot device.
>>
>>86641724
How so?
>>
I fucking hate this movie
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.