[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why wasn't he an anarchist or liberal or whatever hard leftist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

Why wasn't he an anarchist or liberal or whatever hard leftist alignment like Oliver was in comic books? That's kind of a huge part of the character, isn't it?

Without that, he's just "green Batman", isn't he? They took away everything just to strip him down to "rich guy with a bow"

And there was plenty of opportunity in the show for him to express a political agenda, and with his run for mayor it could have been expanded further. Instead, he's always just about "protect muh city"
>>
>>86602804

Staying politically nuetral allowed them to cast a wider net.
>>
He specifically hunts corrupt rich people in Season 1. That's pretty Green Arrowish; very Robin Hood. Batman beats up poor people with mental illnesses.
>>
>>86602850
>politically nuetral

what about all the progressive character stuff? like the gay people, the diversity?

Seems divisive, but it didn't stop them from doing it anyway
>>
File: 1455239620256.png (82KB, 1040x760px)
1455239620256.png
82KB, 1040x760px
>>86602858
>He specifically hunts corrupt rich people in Season 1

first season was best season
>>
File: 1431592820263.jpg (190KB, 624x688px) Image search: [Google]
1431592820263.jpg
190KB, 624x688px
Does it ever feel like the last two seasons were the writers saying, 'how the fuck do we write our way out of the fact our main character has a double digital body count'?
>>
>>86602804
>he's just "green Batman", isn't he?

What gave it away anon?
>>
>>86602804
>Without that, he's just "green Batman", isn't he?
Well, his personality is different than Batmans as well, but since he doesn't have one in this, it doesn't really matter.
>>
I remember when he did stuff with arrows

now he punches people with his bow, and I don't understand why. Shit, even Speedy and Arsenal punched people with the bow
>>
>>86602804
>liberal
>hard leftist
Always cracks me up. Liberals are right-wing outside the US.
>>
File: 520061.jpg (32KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
520061.jpg
32KB, 640x480px
>>86603242

So he's a conservative?
>>
File: img_5347.png (685KB, 640x492px) Image search: [Google]
img_5347.png
685KB, 640x492px
>>86603056
>>86603206
They never should have tried to give him Batman's no kill code. The guys uses arrows for fucks sake.
>>
>>86603338
Nah, fuck your shit.
>>
>>86603291
economy: laissez-faire
social: opportunistic
>>
>>86603242
What Americans would define as liberals would be seen as conservative outside the US, yes. But your statement is not how the definition of the word 'liberal' works.
>>
>>86602934

A degree of pandering is unavoidable in this day and age, but if you keep it off the main character and don't make it the focus, then most of the people with differing political views can grit their teeth and bear It when it comes on. They may bitch about it online, but they won't drop it like a hot potato.
>>
>>86603242
>implying anywhere outside of the US matters

Go back to crying on your kangaroo wife's shoulder about Brexit in your grass hut in Eardley.
>>
>>86602804
They kinda did that in season 1, he was against the rich and corrupt, they just had a different reason for it
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.