[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>DC signing every creator to exclusive contracts >Marvel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: bendis.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
bendis.png
2MB, 1366x768px
>DC signing every creator to exclusive contracts
>Marvel not doing the same
Whats going on?
>>
>>86601100
sounds like DC is paranoid about its lower page rates

or did you think they were keeping cover prices low by just forgoing profit entirely
>>
>>86601100
>Exclusives
>Company wars
Am I on /v/?
>>
>>86601100
>Whats going on?

Marvel has Disney capital to pay their bills.

They've got Joe Quinones doing interiors for Howard the ducking Duck.

DC needs Rebirth to work and make the glow last for as long as possible.
>>
>>86601185
Would Disney drop comics like they did with Disney Infinity?
>>
>>86601232

No, the comics are perfectly set to viral market the films. Also too much bad press.

Infinity was a video game thing, which Disney has moved away from.
>>
>>86601232
Disney dropping the comics division won't be the best PR move
>>
>>86601232
No because they would face a huge backlash. The regular movie goer, doesn't care about comics but knows they're the original source and will always defend them in order to look cool and nerdy.
>>
>>86601232

More like shifting focus to the Star Wars comics. There's a reason why Marvel cape comics have dropped in quality.
>>
Marvel isn't doing the same because Bendis is the only worthwhile writer they've got

Everyone else's book undersells or gets axed. They're expendable. 5 years from now, there will be plenty of new blood on the Marvel books, they'll have their chance, they'll fuck it up and be gone, and Bendis will still be around making best-sellers
>>
>>86601232
Once the movie trend dies then yes.
>>
>>86601100
Marvel stole Lemire and SOule from DC though.
>>
>>86601941
>Steal Lemire from DC writing Green Arrow
>Make him write a shitty X-Men stories and a boring ass Wolverine retread
>Steal Soule from DC writing Red Lanterns and Swamp Thing
>Ruin him on a weekly Wolverine title, followed by Inhuman drama and TV Daredevil
Marvel is where creators go to die.
>>
>DC signing every creator to exclusive contracts
>Marvel not doing the same
>Whats going on?

No one else wants their writers
>>
Marvel mostly grabs artists from other companies, not writers.
>>
I would love to think that they have trouble getting exclusive writers because they have so few top properties left to offer them. Everybody knows X-Men is treated like ass by Marvel so they can't lure creators by offering them an X-Men book.

That's what I'd like to believe, anyway. Realistically it's probably that Marvel went through its own wave of exclusive signings and now it's DC's turn to lock people down.
>>
>>86602195
DC really don't have any better there is Batman, Superman and ????
>>
Marvel is cancer and needs to die
>>
>>86602282
But at least they could offer Tom King the chance to write Batman.

Right now Slott won't leave Spider-Man (and it's still doing too well to replace him), and Avengers is too much of an event clusterfuck for anyone to take it on. I assume they would not be giving it to Waid if they could get someone younger and hipper to take it on.
>>
>>86602381
Cancer leads to death anon
>>
Marvel pumps and dumps. C'mon, Anon, you know this.
>>
>>86602282

They obviously can offer them stuff the writers want to try out like Orlando with Midnighter (and then moving him to JLA)
>>
>>86603203
JLA is a third tier book
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.