[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>BURBANK, Calif. (September 27, 2016) - DC Entertainment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: GLS_Cv3_open_order_var.jpg (91KB, 575x350px) Image search: [Google]
GLS_Cv3_open_order_var.jpg
91KB, 575x350px
>BURBANK, Calif. (September 27, 2016) - DC Entertainment continues to expand its roster of top name talent, announcing today that it has reached an agreement with writer Sam Humphries (GREEN LANTERNS) to create comic book content solely for the publisher’s DC and Vertigo imprints.

>Reflecting on bringing his talents to DC, Humphries said, "I am thrilled to be writing at DC Entertainment. Today's announcement takes an already spectacular creative partnership to the next level."

>Humphries’ first assignment was teaming up with artist Robson Rocha for the highly anticipated GREEN LANTERNS. Humphries talent for strong character writing has resulted in an elevated status for Geoff Johns’ creations Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz within the DC Universe.

>“We’re very excited to have Sam come to DC,” said DC’s Editor-in-Chief Bob Harras. “Sam is telling human stories that readers are emotionally connecting to, which is what being a Green Lantern is all about. Jessica and Simon are in great hands.”

>Fans can look forward to Sam’s next story arc, The Phantom Lantern, in October when Simon and Jessica face an ancient predecessor to the Green Lantern’s rings that has all the power of a Lantern ring with none of the safeguards.

More -> http://www.newsarama.com/31225-dc-signs-green-lanterns-creator-to-exclusive-dc-vertigo-contract.html

Suddenly the prospect of Humphries writing JSA doesn't seem far fetched, does it? :^)
>>
How does DC get great work out of total actual garbage like Sam Humphries
>>
>>86576542
Editors
>>
>>86576558
What are the marvel editors even doing?
>>
>>86574427
Hold the fuck on.

Is that fucking Bibleman as a Green Lantern?
>>
>>86576542
It's Reverse Marvel Syndrome.

Marvel Syndrome is when a well-respected writer who does excellent work for DC Comics, such as Jeff Lemire and Charles Soule, are picked up by Marvel Comics, sometimes with the bonus of an exclusive contract, only to end up producing average to subpar results under their tutelage.

Reverse Marvel Syndrome, of course, is the opposite: A mediocre writer known for their Marvel work is given a DC book and ends up producing amazing results. Sam Humphries is obviously an example of this, but I'm sure there's at least one other example.
>>
>>86578293
No it's a sandnigger
>>
>>86578247
Drinking themselves to an early grave while Bendis runs rampant.
>>
>>86578247
nothing

the inmates run that asylum
>>
>>86576542
>Green Lanterns
>great
they don't
>>
>>86578328
Weirdly, Bunn on Sinestro which is also a Lantern Book.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.