[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's not just me, right? Digital art fucking sucks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

It's not just me, right?

Digital art fucking sucks 95% of the time?
>>
all depends on the coloring in my opinion

some of these colorists just airbrush over the shit really quick and it looks so lazy
>>
>>86564745
Digital is a tool like any method of creating art. It all depends on how you use it.
>>
>>86564745
i'm pretty sure it's just that modern artists suck, or the ones that are good aren't as trained in digital stuff
it's like how cartoons and anime that switched to digital all suddenly sucked and sometimes got colors wrong
>>
>>86564779
agreed
>>
>>86564745

Yeah I'm not impressed with it. I think this is why I actually really like the 90s a lot. 80s and 90s had good art, people put a lot of effort into it because they had too. Once computers came in there was a spike in quality in the early 00s, which I loved too. But then lately there has been a dip, once artists realized they could cut corners with the digital stuff and got lazier.

I'm trying to be an artist myself lately and I decided I'm going to try and master the pencil, pen and paper FIRST before I use a computer. Also I'm broke as fuck and that's all I have.
>>
>>86564745
>Night Nurse slapping Dr Light for trying to grab her ass
>Dr Strange and Dr Fate having a Astral Slap Fight
There is so much in this pic that wonderful.
>>
>>86564779

I have noticed when I see the pencils or inked versions they often are better than the coloree versions. Coloring is really pretty difficult to do.
>>
>>86564940
It definitely was easier in the 64 color era, simply because the limited choice forced clear and simple colors.
Currently the coloring makes it too easy to be lazy as fuck
>>
File: ElmoreDwarf[1].jpg (157KB, 770x689px) Image search: [Google]
ElmoreDwarf[1].jpg
157KB, 770x689px
>>86564745
Like-wise, it's the same with D&D.
>>
People just aren't as good at digital art yet. We currently have a bunch of veterans who spent their whole careers working with pencils, pens, and ink brushes switching over to something new, or you get young up and comers who aren't fully developed yet. Plus it's easier to cheat now so we also have more lazy people.
>>
>>86564745
Sometime it feels like the resolution of the original art is not big enough so you can almost this the pixels in the print.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.