[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Been hearing nothing but praise for Whedon's Xmen run on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 4981365-2143511-da.jpg (239KB, 851x686px) Image search: [Google]
4981365-2143511-da.jpg
239KB, 851x686px
Been hearing nothing but praise for Whedon's Xmen run on here.

"One of the best"

I finally get around to reading it and, honestly, this shit is awful.
>>
>>86547888
Okay, in hindsight, maybe the Danger room robot turning into an evil robot with tits wasnt the greatest piece of writing
>>
>>86547888
Dude we all agreed that the Danger room part was the worst part.
>>
>>86547888
>Whedon
>awful
Well, yeah. He's been an overrated hack for decades now. Like, half a step below Lucas-tier. The first Avengers movie aside, the more freedom he has without someone editing his shirt, the worse he is. I honestly don't know how he got so popular or successful in the first place.
>>
>>86548322
Same way it worked with Lucas. He had people that curbed his desires and make it work.

But he was also highly formulaic in his character setups

Wise-Ass, Fighter Girl, Smart Girl. Sexy Girl. Smart Guy, Redeemed Guy.

And those that wrote with him on past shows follow suit. Hence AoS feeling a lot like a Mashup of Buffy and Angel if one ever watched those shows back in the day.
>>
>>86547888
What? I think the contrary is agreed. That Whedon run is a gigantic piece of shit with the exception of Cyclops and Emma's characterization. Maybe you're listening to the Rightfags too much.
>>
>>86548322
Buffy was a fad and then Firefly was legitimately great. Looking back at shit he's done that I enjoyed at the time, other then Firefly I don't care for any of it.
>>
>>86547888
It's a meme pushed by normies because they're too casual to know any other runs

>>86548322
>implying avengers 1 should be held aside
>>
>>86549514
Cabin in the Woods is pretty good
>>
>>86548414
>He had people that curbed his desires and make it work
so, he really did fulfill his dream of becoming Claremont
>>
It's your own fault for falling for Whedon hype. Whedon hasn't been good for decades but his fanbase won't die and yo were too stupid too ignore the,.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.