[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does The Simpsons HAVE to be bad? Are the show runners proud

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: file.png (128KB, 500x327px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
128KB, 500x327px
Why does The Simpsons HAVE to be bad? Are the show runners proud after working on a new season?
>>
>>86543661
Why do they even bother making seasons anymore?
>>
>>86543661
It doesn't have to be bad, but you're dealing with an enormous disconnect from the source material now. Like the stage musical of the disney version of the Simpsons.
>>
How bad has the Simpsons gotten? I haven't seen it in years.
>>
>>86543661
It's more like they don't give a fuck, about the show itself or its quality. I don't think they're actively trying to make it suck, they're just not actively trying for it to be good either.

They know that by having it go on longer they're gonna make more money through merchandising or whatever, break more records, keep it in public consciousness, etc.

It was pretty much confirmed to them years ago that they can just keep getting away with minimal effort until the show's canceled.
>>
>>86543661
>>86543714
Well, it still gets ratings, so someone MUST be watching it. I don't know anyone who does, but I guess someone must be.
>>
>>86543714
Money my dear boy

The money is always right
>>
Its called the lisa show anon.
>>
>>86543757
It got dull in season 19 but the show is still enjoyable and still has it's moments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaPe8XFo9Zg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yztFm3TJ_fw
>>
>>86546331
No it got dull in season 10, underage plebian
>>
No one but the Voice Actors who worked on the good Simpsons are still working on it. The people currently working on it are just happy to be working on a big-name, big-budget series and the people who used to work on it have long since wrote it off. It's the same show in brand only.
>>
>>86546368
Fuck off. It was still good for a long time after that, and like that guy said still has its moments.

It's better then any other adult cartoon on air right now, by far.
>>
>>86546368
Please watch the videos I posted.

>Seasons 9-12 were wild and crazy (for Simpsons standers, see magical elf jockeys and the Mr.X episode).
>Seasons 13-18 (and the movie) were full of pep and energy, Large Marge one of the best episodes in the whole series in in season 14 and can stand toe to toe with the likes of $pringfield and The Day The Violence Died.
>It's season 19 that things got dull.
>>86546461
Thank you.
>>
>>86546437
Oddly a few of the writers from like the late '90s are still around (so after the show's peak but before it was commonly thought of as way worse), and occasionally older writers come back for an episode or two. One from the original writing team, seasons 1-4, actually wrote an episode last season. Also I think some directors from like season 1/2 are still around but most watchers probably don't care about that as much as the writing.

So it's not quite at the point where everything but voice actors has changed, though there's no doubt literally everyone is half-assing it now. I sorta feel sometimes like the show at its best was a kind of lightning-in-a-bottle situation where even if you got all the best writers back today, it wouldn't necessarily mean a return to form (hell, that was kinda what happened with the movie).
>>
>>86543811
>They know that by having it go on longer they're gonna make more money through merchandising

What merchandise? Simpsons had more merchandise back when it actually somewhat decent
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.