[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dew xzkUpAks The show treat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (121KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
121KB, 1280x720px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DewxzkUpAks

The show treated her like shit for saying it, but she wasn't wrong. Rose kinda fucked up the whole war. Apparently it had two goals: Preserving all life on the Planet Earth, and creating a community where Gems could do as they please without the Diamonds' tyranny. First, even after they "won", large chunks of the planet have been fucked up (Who knows how grim things became in this new Earth without great Russians like Peter the Great,Tolstoy,Ivan Pavlov, or Andrei Sakharov.) Not only does the native population have to deal with the corrupted gems and other leftovers from the war, Rose and Co. seem to have done jack shit to stop climate change, deforestation, or over reliance on oil. They saved the Earth from aliens just to let the natives destroy it. And of course, none of them had the slightest fucking clue about the Cluster, and if it weren't for Peridot herself there really would be no Earth.

Second, they technically did establish a community of Gem individualism....for the handful of survivors of the Corruption Song, Everyone else pretty much threw their life away. So, Rose really did fuck over the whole planet and everyone on it, for....some reason I guess?
>>
File: It_Could've_Been_Great_171.png (2MB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
It_Could've_Been_Great_171.png
2MB, 1920x1090px
>>86535324
>Rose really did fuck over the whole planet and everyone on it
Anon without Rose's rebellion Homeworld would have followed through with the original plan of hollowing out the planet and sucking out all life from it, meaning total annihilation of all organic life. You could call it an apocalypse, if you want.

Whining about deforestation is retarded. There would not be humanity or mankind, or any organic life at all, without the rebellion.
>>
>>86535324
>without great Russians like Peter the Great,Tolstoy,Ivan Pavlov, or Andrei Sakharov
>without great Russians
>great Russians
>Russians
>great

You're either a pinko or a ruskie. Which is it?
>>
>>86537173
European civilization wouldn't exist without Russia. It was and is considered the Third Rome for a reason.
>>
>>86535324
>Rose and Co. seem to have done jack shit to stop climate change, deforestation, or over reliance on oil.
>climate change
>deforestation
>over reliance on oil

Sigh.
>>
File: 1458069867115.jpg (26KB, 400x462px) Image search: [Google]
1458069867115.jpg
26KB, 400x462px
>>86537173
This is the most genuinely plebeian post I've ever seen.
>>
>>86537173
ITT: We spot the Americans
>>
>>86537229
You've got that backwards. Russians are the original weebs, except instead of idolizing Japan it was France. All their culture, architecture and other significant works are derivative as fuck. They even did their best to learn and speak French in their courts.

Unless if you're talking about WWII, where they did all the heavy lifting.
>>
>>86537173
bad bait or bad post, either way, stupid
>>
>>86537173
>great russians
>no stalin or lenin
filthy capitalist dog
>>
>>86537324
>climate change
>deforestation
>over reliance on oil
I disagree with OP saying that Peridot was right and that Rose was in the wrong, but what did you mean by this?
>>
>>86535324
I did feel like the Gems were wrong for reacting the way they did. Peridot was absolutely right, but they were ready to kill her for stating the obvious, which is what she always does.
>>
>>86535324
>eforestation, or over reliance on oil.
But Gem Earth has a much much smaller human population. These things probably aren't that big of a deal.
>>
>>86537839
A smaller population probably because of how much they fucked over the biosphere and climate in general.
>>
>>86537791
I meant that these are stupid things for OP to get spun up about but they're articles of faith among the progressive community so of course he's spun up about them; thus my exasperation.

I'm not even interested in whether or not they're Bad Things - I think you can meaningfully debate the role of human industry in climate change or the lack thereof and the net benefit of fossil fuels as a means of improving the human condition, but /co/ is not the place for it. No, the real issue here is you're talking about events on a human timescale for a group of aliens who measure events on a geological timescale. There have been multiple warming and cooling cycles on Earth in the last five thousand years and it's already established that five thousand years isn't even that long for a gem. Pearl can't even understand why humans would be nostalgic fore something that's only been around for eighty years, why should any of them care about something that humans have been doing for less than a hundred and fifty?
>>
>>86538381
I figured the smaller population was due to the corrupted gems running amok for 5000+ years. Some of them, like the giant eye that had to be shot with Rose's light cannon, are absurdly powerful and mankind would have no way of fighting them if they attacked a human settlement. It's possible that large civilizations only begun appearing in the last 1000 years, and only because the Crystal Gems have been hunting and bubbling corrupted gems non-stop since the end of the war.
Though I never considered the effect the Gem war would have on the biosphere. That's a good point.
>>
>>86538997
You've also gotta factor in the shit like the peetle babies and all the non-gem lifeforms that aren't from earth (The gem things eating the sea spire, those weird ass mask fish on the predator gem Island, ect)
lots of species that are alive in our universe were probably driven to extinction by invasive species the gems brought with them to earth
>>
File: worry.jpg (39KB, 600x766px) Image search: [Google]
worry.jpg
39KB, 600x766px
I feel like very recently the writers have a very disturbed and biased view of morality and love.

At first one of the shows greatest strengths was how they made absolute sure that no one apart from Steven and Greg was purely good; everyone had their own baggage and grey morality. But now we got stuff like Ruby and Sapphires downrigtht disturbing obsession for each other to a point they can't seem to function without each other, Pearl getting over Rose just for her to fall in love and be influenced by a woman she never met just because she looked like Rose, Steven basically controlling Lars mind without his consent and that being a-okay for reasons and the notorious "Beach City Drift" episode.
>>
>>86538997
The giant eyeball was a scout from homeworld, not a corrupted gem
>>
>>86538710
>No, the real issue here is you're talking about events on a human timescale for a group of aliens who measure events on a geological timescale. There have been multiple warming and cooling cycles on Earth in the last five thousand years and it's already established that five thousand years
This is just a minor point, but the most recent ice age had ended by that time and some human civilizations had already gotten into agriculture.
It really hasn't been that long. Gems would notice the drastic change since the 1800s when it comes to climate.
>>
File: addison70.png (476KB, 839x462px) Image search: [Google]
addison70.png
476KB, 839x462px
>>86537173
>dissing peter the great tolstoy and pavlov
>>
>>86539198
>At first one of the shows greatest strengths was how they made absolute sure that no one apart from Steven and Greg was purely good; everyone had their own baggage and grey morality.

Writers not adhering to your headcanon isn't a flaw of the show. Plus the second half of your statement directly contradicts the rest of your post.
>>
>>86539507
Huh, completely missed that. Fair enough. Still, without modern weapons fighting corrupted gems like Centipeetle or the invisible gem from "Island Adventure" would be suicide.
>>
>>86535324
Peridot was completely right. It was an open and shut failed rebellion. From what we know anyway.

They drove the homeworld forces off the planet, called that "victory", then got nuked from orbit. Now the handful of survivors (literally only like three people) just spend their days rounding up the mutated husks of their former comrades and raising their leader's kid praying to god the diamonds never find out they're still alive.

...and que the start of the show.

So yeah, the liberation of gems part was a complete botch. They succeeded in preventing the destruction of life on earth however, although I'm not sure how they plan to keep it if the diamonds ever return with more than just one quartz and a nerd or five retarded afro dwarves.

I mean the steven gang is pretty badass and all, but if the diamonds really wanted to take back earth, they could at any time.
>>
>>86540490
Rose killed one of the God-Empresses of their species (even if she was the weakest and least experienced) so that's something
>>
>>86540106
>Writers not adhering to your headcanon isn't a flaw of the show.
What headcanon? That the Gems aren't perfect? The show explicitly makes sure that the Gems have their own issue's like when Amethyst turn into Rose to fuck with Greg or Pearl having a mental breakdown when Steven showed her that Rose didn't tell her every little secret.
>Plus the second half of your statement directly contradicts the rest of your post
This is my fault, I didn't really explain it well.

In season 1 when the Gems did questionable shit, the show very much points out that it's very much questionable. But now when they did all of the above things as mentioned they make it as it's okay or normal when it really isn't. You were supposed to hate Kevin despite him not doing much, you're supposed to be happy for Pearl liking a girl despite her love for her purely comes from an obsession for someone else.
>>
>Rose believed in freedom
>OP complains she didn't become a dictator and stop humans from doing what they wanted
>>
>>86537229
No you stupid fuckwit. You're 13 years old, retard, one of those Russians who spend all their time online to try and make Russia look like less of a shithole than it already is. Russian called THEMSELVES third Rome because they were too busy getting repeatedly raped by turks mongols and tartarsfor 30 years to notice that they were going way way behind Europe in technology and efficient Government. European Civilization before 1944 owes nothing too Russia, not one thing, Russia got raped by Japs in 1905 you cuck, the 6th smallest penis was penetrating beloved Mother Russia.
>>
>>86539882
You're still talking about something that happened only two hundred years ago - and even though it doesn't satisfy the technical definition of an ice age, the Little Ice Age was a period of significantly lower temperatures during a period of significant human expansion, which itself followed after a period of higher temperatures during which much of human civilization in general and western civilization in particular was in decline.

Industry may or may not be a factor in atmospheric composition but the fact remains that there have been major climate fluctuations in the last five thousand years that don't have anything to do with agriculture, industry or petroleum usage; and if you go back farther than that, there have been entire geological epochs during which the proportion of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere has been much higher than even the most disastrous predictions for global warming, during which the Earth was capable of sustaining the kinds of megaflora and megafauna that just can't exist in the current, colder environmental conditions.
>>
>>86540490
>They drove the homeworld forces off the planet, called that "victory", then got nuked from orbit. Now the handful of survivors (literally only like three people) just spend their days rounding up the mutated husks of their former comrades and raising their leader's kid praying to god the diamonds never find out they're still alive.
And no wonder why they got so angry at Peridot. I would too.
> and if you go back farther than that, there have been entire geological epochs during which the proportion of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere has been much higher than even the most disastrous predictions for global warming, during which the Earth was capable of sustaining the kinds of megaflora and megafauna that just can't exist in the current, colder environmental conditions.
Because it happened slowly and over time, so a good number of species still had time to evolve, even if not all of them survived.
Though I had no idea there even was a Little Ice Age, so I'll give you that one.
>>
>>86541537
oops, forgot
>>86540979
>>
File: SU-World.jpg (54KB, 800x452px) Image search: [Google]
SU-World.jpg
54KB, 800x452px
Despite being millennia old, there's still a few things that Gems just don't 'get' about humans on an intrinsic level. Pearl's training of Connie just a sample of this. Being willing to die for a loved one has a different definition when you're effectively immortal. Connie doesn't have that luxury.
>>
>>86541558
It's cool, I figured who you were talking to.

If you're interested in reading more about the role of climate change in pre-industrial human development, you should look into the Indus Valley civilization, which vanished about four thousand years ago. Climate change is thought to be a contributing factor to its decline, although competition from other neighboring cultures undoubtedly played a major role. There's a lot we still don't know about it, seeing as it was all but forgotten until about a century ago.
>>
>>86541712
>Being willing to die for a loved one has a different definition when you're effectively immortal.
Well that, and she was self projecting onto Connie hard.
Rose not understanding what babies are after so many years is a bit weirder.
>>
>>86535324
>>86541712

Russia would be far better off. Most of Russia's population is in the west anyway, and rather than being a largely landlocked country the Kievan Rus would likely develop as a major power on that inland sea. Hell, with most of the steppe blasted to hell, there might not be sufficient populations of Mongols to mount any real invasions west.

Looking closer, China also has a land bridge with Japan, so does the Anatolian peninsula with europe. So it's entirely possible that the Greeks were Persian Satrapies in this timeline, given that a large part of Greek independence was the fact that the Persians never had a good supply line so when the Greeks beat them at sea they couldn't maintain their massive land army.

It also looks like there's a land bridge between Italy and the Balkan peninsula as well. Hell, those two things are enough to seriously fuck with the history of Rome, and therefore, everything not in China's sphere of influence or Sub-Saharan Africa pre-colonial scramble.

Yeah, if that map is even close to accurate... their history is totally different.
>>
>>86542011
The Mexican islands and natural path from the gulf to the Pacific would make things interested in the Americas too.
>>
>>86537665

I mean if this is a "has lead to a lot of people dying" contest then yeah, Russia would win by a mile. Hell, the Russian way to win battles is to just have their soldiers die until the enemy runs out of bullets
>>
>>86542225
I would love to know why New York became Empire state/city
My guess is the British Empire was radically different, and as such named shit differently in their colonies.
>>
>>86537173
>t. retard
>>
>>86542225

That's a great point. Control of Mexico would be way more strategically vital. Hell, maybe there's an version of Gibraltar. Maybe France decides that the pastry war is worth committing major resources to try and control the pacific. Or maybe the Mexican-American war ends with America annexing Mexico to secure a route to ensure they control the Pacific coast. So Mexico eventually becomes like America's Quebec.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.