[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a cartoon idea I want to ride by you guys. Working title

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: zoroaster.jpg (51KB, 350x543px) Image search: [Google]
zoroaster.jpg
51KB, 350x543px
I have a cartoon idea I want to ride by you guys.

Working title is "All in Good Faith" and it's a slice of life comedy about religious figures who all live together in an apartment complex.

So far the character ideas are as follows:

Zoroaster- Everyman and focus of the show, moves in in the pilot. Can't always help the situation but is a generally nice guy
Buddha- Zoroaster's roommate, voice of reason type character

Greek Gods- Main focus on Apollo, basically frat boys with not much depth (besides Apollo, who I'd explore further as a character)
Egyptian Gods- Main focus on Osiris, act as a foil to the greek gods by being more nerdy in general
Jesus- Ditzy character who is mostly on the sidelines

Other prophets or deities will make one-off appearances or only concern minor jokes/be background characters.
The Landlord- Never depicted, hinted to be God or the entity that inspired all the prophets and lesser gods.

Pilot episode would be about Zoroaster moving in after burning his house down trying to make a fire temple, where we can introduce the basics of each character. Persian Gods will make a one time appearance in this episode as destructive maniacs, and the episode will center around Zoroaster attempting (and succeeding) in getting them evicted.

Other episode ideas:

Zoroaster loans a book to abraham, who then loans it to jesus. This devolves into a big fight. Dancing around religion the entire time (ie abraham saying "those words belong to no one man, but to all of us!") but never directly mentioning it

Greek gods have some relatives over, revealed to be their Roman counterparts. Greeks try to shape up their act to impress them.

Someone wants to demolish the apartments, and Zoroaster sets out to figure out who ordered the demolition. Neil DeGrasse Tyson is the culprit.

Christmas special:
Jesus thinks everyone is planning a surprise birthday party for him
Jokes will mainly be religion/philosophy related.

So anyway, what do you guys think?
>>
>inb4 Saint Young Men
>>
Buddha needs to be flawed in some way. Make him an opiate addict.
>>
>>86422318
Making Buddha the opposite of his usual depiction would be incredibly unoriginal though.
>>
>>86422318
I wouldn't say opiate addict, but maybe make him acting in the bounds of his faith somehow insufferable. Or that his methods are usually flawed when applied to real life situations.
>>
Also running gag: "So when's Mohammed gonna get here?"
>>
>>86422359
It's not interesting if he's not a complete hypocrite.

And I think throwing Hindu gods into the mix would be funny too maybe if it were a really perverted sorority, since some of them are just bearded men with tits, like the complete opposite of the Greek gods who in turn hate them for being so weird and gay.
>>
>>86422551
Fair enough, I'll consider it.

The hindu gods bit would be hilarious. I'll try to mesh that into the pilot script.
>>
God should make frequent appearances, but never have any single form. Like the characters are eating eggs and all of a sudden a face forms in the yolk like "Where's the rent"

God is a slum lord voiced by Doug Stanhope
>>
>>86422704
This also has the potential to be hilarious. I'll add it to my notes.
>>
>>86422274
I had a similar idea, except it revolved around heroic epics.

Gilgamesh, Achilles, and Beowulf all live together in an apartment. Gilgamesh is the boisterous one, a total bro. Achilles is the overdramatic, slightly effeminate one. Beowulf is stoical and laconic. Other characters from their epics and others live in the same city in a mythology-meets-modernity setting. (e.g. Grendel is a scaly monster who is also a fat NEET who lives in his mom's basement.
>>
File: euphoria.jpg (14KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
euphoria.jpg
14KB, 400x400px
>>86422766
>grendel is a scaly monster who is also a fat NEET who lives in his mom's basement

Even if this just manifests into a 5 minute animated short, I want it to manifest into something.
>>
>>86422766
I've always wanted a series with Beowulf in the cast, I'd definitely watch this.
>>
>>86422274
Sounds like something early adult swim might've made before promptly cancelling it

And yeah, >>86422290 is the first thing that came to mind.
>>
>>86424631
I'm hoping to find a way to play it out well, focus on the potential jokes between ideologies rather than the "LE ALL RELIGION SUCKS LOOK AT JESUS SUCK A FAT ONE EXDEEEEEE" that would come from early adult swim
>>
>>86422274
i've been thinking randomly lately about how hugh laurie needs to play zeus in something, with stephen fry as bacchus, and then just all the other british comedians as other greek gods, and they just faff about and get into shenanigans
>>
>>86422274
have the prophet Muhammad as an invisible man who never talks
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.