[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://comicbook.com/2016/09/16/exc lusive-todd-mcfarlane-pr

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: spawny.jpg (527KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
spawny.jpg
527KB, 800x600px
http://comicbook.com/2016/09/16/exclusive-todd-mcfarlane-provides-spawn-movie-update-in-new-geek

Do you guys think this is a good concept for a spawn film? Him barely being in the movie and only being some sort of background entity? I still have mixed feelings about this.
>>
boomp.
>>
>>86391733
A Spawn moivie without Spawn or any other superhero or villain? That movie will surely bomb at he box office! It goes certainly direct to DVD.
Just another cheap superhero flick no one want`s to see!
>>
The early Spawn mythos were interesting enough to tell good stories, maybe even a TV series or something.

Right now, after sucking for so long, after a convoluted, confusing storyline? Not so much.
>>
>>86391733
It probably won't be any good if McFarlane is involved in any significant way.
>>
>>86393093
Why do you say that?
>>
>>86393093
It's not seth 'I use the same lame jokes & voices' mcfarlane but his brother todd
>>
>>86394398
Who is that?
>>
>>86394398
Are they legit related, or are you just rusing?
>>
>>86391733
The HBO cartoon was kinda like that and it was cool. You could do a trilogy that starts out as a low-key horror/drama then ramp up the monster action in the sequels.

Spawn 1: Al terrorizes criminals while Cog and Violator try to influence him. Wanda, Terry, Sam and Twitch provide the human POV.

Spawn 2: Warriors from Heaven are gunning for him. Redeemer is the antagonist, Angela (or a new chick with a different name) is the love interest.

Spawn 3: The final chapter in which Spawn takes on Malebolgia.
>>
I could see it working just like the Underworld movies worked. Nothing blockbusterish, just enough to please a specific and faithful audience.
>>
>>86391733
It would've worked in the 90s, if they'd go for a serious thriller type of movie, but nowadays moviegoers can't stand that sort of buildup. People would leave the cinema in an Aliens vs Predator movie if it didn't show you a monster max 5 minutes in (5 minutes being longer than the entire screentime of the xenomorph in the first Alien movie).
>>
>>86395582
Is that why the new Godzilla film do so well then?
>>
>>86393043
hasnt spawn killed basically all major deities anyways?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.